Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2020, 05:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
My belief system? It's an exhibition season. Put a big, fat asterisk on the entire thing.
It is still a season, we will still have conference winners, we will still have bowl game and a national champion. Thus it is a season in my book just like pro football and baseball.

I doubt most of those young men out there who go to practice, play each week, hope for a victory think of it as just an exhibition season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 09:39 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,484,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It is still a season, we will still have conference winners, we will still have bowl game and a national champion. Thus it is a season in my book just like pro football and baseball.

I doubt most of those young men out there who go to practice, play each week, hope for a victory think of it as just an exhibition season.

That's the spirit.

Bama 41
SEC East best Georgia 24.

Dominance.

Old 11-01-2020, 09:27 AM

Bama survived cupcake week, Auburned LSU, that's about it for West.

Clemson survived a decent game against the Eagles, Luckeyes won, Notre Dame?

Old 11-01-2020, 10:05 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,054,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

While I was happy with the LSU game, I really don't know what the narrative is. Does this mean that Auburn's offense has gelled, that LSU is really that awful, or some toxic combination of both?

It's an odd feeling as an Auburn fan to be watching a game early in the third quarter and think, "Welp, this game is in the bag."

Old 11-01-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
While I was happy with the LSU game, I really don't know what the narrative is. Does this mean that Auburn's offense has gelled, that LSU is really that awful, or some toxic combination of both?

It's an odd feeling as an Auburn fan to be watching a game early in the third quarter and think, "Welp, this game is in the bag."
I think LSU really does suck this year, but Auburn has some talent. They had a really good special teams play to pin LSU down at the one. It doesn't get any better than that. Good attention to detail there.

That they've already lost to two SEC east teams now is pretty disgusting. Georgia, ok but the Gamecocks?

Yikes. Can they beat Tennessee? Too bad they have to play Bama before the Aggies, but if they beat Bama, nice to get that out of they way and some momentum at the right time.

Old 11-02-2020, 08:00 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,845,741 times
LSU is really bad. They are bad on both sides of the ball too which is the strangest thing. It looks like they put everything into trying to win a championship last year and completely disregarded the fact that there was going to be a next season. They seem to have not coached any of the younger players up to prepare them for this year. Joe Burrow was obviously a difference maker, everyone knows that but in the background they did not prepare the next quarterback at all. Their defense is a complete mess.

Auburn is just Auburn. They tend to be a hot mess the first half of the season and especially so under Gus Malzahn. It was hard to figure out whether they improved or if LSU just really sucks THAT bad. lol At this point you can see that Nix is just an average quarterback and saves a drive now and then by running the ball himself. I think their defense will improve through the season but I just don't see that offense improving a whole lot but it is Auburn. They have a tendency to have a lot of luck fall in their lap in the second half of the season and all the ball skipping off helmets and landing in a receivers hands 15 yards farther down the field in full stride to the end zone for a touchdown sort of things start happening.

Old 11-02-2020, 10:17 AM

17,606 posts, read 15,292,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Had Clemson lost that game.. It really wouldn't have been the fault of Uiagaleilei (oo-ee-ah-gah-lay-LAY)

he played very well.. More than anything, it was the defense.. And this isn't the first time that thought has happened this year. The only hiccup I saw from D.J. was the botched handoff on the scoop-and-score. and, arguments could be made there. Not sure exactly what happened with that.

So.. ND next week, still with Lawrence out.. I think Clemson is still the favorite. While ND has a great running game, their passing game leaves something to be desired and the offense has not been overly excellent.

I think Clemson can still put a good amount of points on the board.. Not sure ND can.

Old 02-07-2021, 08:37 PM

Oh yeah, Bama won again, snore, see ya next season.

Old 02-08-2021, 03:20 PM

1,992 posts, read 979,641 times
Well it's not a surprise. The SEC continues to demonstrate why it's the nation's strongest conference.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:34 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,358,198 times
The SEC strength is Nick Saban, the rest of it isn’t any more than the Big 10, ACC, Big 12, and the PAC12. In that order.
Mostly hype from ESPiN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football