Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,900,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I don't know about Mississippi, but it could be argued that Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and to a lesser extent Louisiana have much more in common with one another culturally than states further into the Southeast. The Census actually has TX/AR/LA/OK in the "West South Central."

A moot point given the topic of the thread, but I thought I would mention it in passing.
I was being sarcastic... Hence the lol. I'm sure those states are technically in that region. But people in Mississippi & Louisiana don't say I'm from the South West or West South Central... They say I'm from the south!

And I don't care about Texas, Arkansas, or Oklahoma which is why I didn't bring them up.

I dont agree with your cultural comment... So since it can be argued... Tell me what people in Louisiana and Oklahoma have in common culturally that is more than People in Louisiana and Alabama?

And don't use Wikipedia or the census. Tell me something that is not in a book. Give me something authentic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 01:25 PM

18,061 posts, read 27,513,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Maybe SEC offenses just suck compared to big 12 offenses. Ever think of that?
I think that if the SEC... WEST... teams had the luxury to play Big 12 Offenses, which they don't... then they would shred. But they don't. They have to play other SEC West teams... aka LSU, Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State... Ole Miss. Conversely, how would Big 12 Offenses fare if the were in this conference?

Now, putting that aside... I'm hearing buzz about what would happen if Bama beat LSU by 7 or less. Is it possible that LSU would still split the BCS Championship? How bad would that suck?

Old 01-06-2012, 01:48 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,618,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I think that if the SEC... WEST... teams had the luxury to play Big 12 Offenses, which they don't... then they would shred. But they don't. They have to play other SEC West teams... aka LSU, Bama, Auburn, Arkansas, Mississippi State... Ole Miss. Conversely, how would Big 12 Offenses fare if the were in this conference?

Now, putting that aside... I'm hearing buzz about what would happen if Bama beat LSU by 7 or less. Is it possible that LSU would still split the BCS Championship? How bad would that suck?
I'm hearing a few AP voters saying they're voting LSU #1 no matter what. They're basing it off the regular season and their superior body of work. Can't say that I completely disagree.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:23 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,286,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
I'm hearing a few AP voters saying they're voting LSU #1 no matter what. They're basing it off the regular season and their superior body of work. Can't say that I completely disagree.
It wouldn't make sense to put Alabama ahead of LSU-- even if they beat LSU. Considering LSU has already beat Alabama, and LSU has more wins than Alabama, and LSU is already the SEC champion.

This is why you should only have conference champions play in the BCS national championship game. The BCS national championship means nothing this year-- its like an NFL pre-season game (meaningless!)

Old 01-06-2012, 03:27 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,338,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
It wouldn't make sense to put Alabama ahead of LSU-- even if they beat LSU. Considering LSU has already beat Alabama, and LSU has more wins than Alabama, and LSU is already the SEC champion.

This is why you should only have conference champions play in the BCS national championship game. The BCS national championship means nothing this year-- its like an NFL pre-season game (meaningless!)
No but that would be awesome! DOWN WITH THE BCS!!!! If this is what it takes....

Old 01-06-2012, 03:52 PM

12,959 posts, read 13,376,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
No but that would be awesome! DOWN WITH THE BCS!!!! If this is what it takes....
I agree.

In other games - I think the piggies are going to mudhole the KSU Wildcats tonight.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I agree.

In other games - I think the piggies are going to mudhole the KSU Wildcats tonight.
Should be a good game. Both teams can score, and neither team plays exceptional defense. Both teams have begun to lay down the foundation for a much stronger future. This is one of the few bowl games that got it right this year, and I really thought this should have been this year's Sugar Bowl match-up. But Cotton Bowl execs were smart to set this one up, and it's one reason why it has been regaining the prestige it once had -- and why the Sugar is starting to become a joke. And I'm an SEC guy, so I hate to say that, but it's true.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
AP voters would only be exposing themselves as lacking in credibility. They help set up this 1 - 2 match-up with LSU, only to give the title to LSU already?

Look, I'm an LSU alum. I'd have no problem whatsoever recognizing Bama is the champion if they can beat us. I hope they can't, but if they do, they're champs.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:06 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,618,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
AP voters would only be exposing themselves as lacking in credibility. They help set up this 1 - 2 match-up with LSU, only to give the title to LSU already?

Look, I'm an LSU alum. I'd have no problem whatsoever recognizing Bama is the champion if they can beat us. I hope they can't, but if they do, they're champs.
AP has nothing to do with the BCS. Which is why alot of them go against the grain if given just a slight opportunity.

The coaches and those harris ****tards gave us this rematch 1-2 crap sammich.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
AP has nothing to do with the BCS. Which is why alot of them go against the grain if given just a slight opportunity.

The coaches and those harris ****tards gave us this rematch 1-2 crap sammich.
Understood, but Bama's number 2 in the AP poll, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football