Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2010, 11:54 PM

977 posts, read 1,958,379 times

Advertisements

In-F'ing-sane. I feel bad for Boise's kicker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2010, 11:59 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I'd lie if I said I wasn't happy about this, but I do hate to see a Cinderella team go down.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:01 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'd lie if I said I wasn't happy about this, but I do hate to see a Cinderella team go down.
Naw, opens the door for TCU. If the Frogs play Wiscy (or any Big Ten team), I'll be rooting hard for TCU

Old 11-27-2010, 12:05 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,285,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
A couple points I was trying to make with my rankings:

1. People aren't giving Nebraska enough credit

2. Boise is over-rated and actually is about as good as Nevada this year-- so how do people explain ranking Boise #3 and Nevada #19?

3. People are overlooking a lot of still undefeated Automatic-BCS qualifying teams (i.e. Missouri, Oklahoma State, Michigan State...etc). Those teams deserve some credit-- also those teams may end up winning their conference...
I called it a long time ago... now don't you all feel stupid for saying I was crazy for thinking Nevada was better than Boise? Good job wolfpack.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:13 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,285,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Your top 10 is trash, it has no basis in reality. The media, coaches, experts, the general public all think you are wrong. As well as most, err make that all here on the forum. Most people do think that senior laden teams, experience, returning starters means something. Each season does not exist in a vacuum, theyre not independent. Rankings are based on more than stats. Silly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Looks like I struck a nerve because I pointed out that Boise is actually looking worse than Nevada (at this point in the season)... To each his own. Feel free to keep ranking teams based off fairy dust and piddly sticks. Your reality must be candyland or something because if you are basing your ranking off who you "think" is best, then you are basing it off your imagination.

Me? I'll stick with records and stats... you know, things that actually show how good a team is...
Ha HA! Go Nevada!

Old 11-27-2010, 12:18 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,981 times
Matty-

I bet you are happy! Your Wolfpack did it finally. Hope you enjoyed watching the Ducks in person.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:20 AM

18,234 posts, read 25,894,159 times
I can see by post #805 that snarky insults will be flying later today. I'll be watching this thread.

Old 11-27-2010, 01:47 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,459,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Matty-

I bet you are happy! Your Wolfpack did it finally. Hope you enjoyed watching the Ducks in person.
Yep, can say this was one awesome day, been hard trying to get much internet access since my move/trip to Vancouver but coming down to Eugene, my first college football game was amazing, everything about the Ducks was what it was cracked up to be, Autzen Stadium was unreal. Then Nevada looks to be down and out but somehow come back to beat Boise State.

Eugene really is a great place!

Old 11-27-2010, 03:38 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,269,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
I wanted to see them go down only because the hype and arrogance around the Boise area was getting insane. Cant even hear the weather report without hearing about the temp game day 1st. Its all they talk about at work. Its all over TV 24/7 on local stations. I wanted to see them humbled, but man oh man I feel bad for that poor kid. Wish I could put my arm around him and give him a hug and tell him its going to be OK. Although its probably never going to be OK for that young man agian. Hes probably laying awake while everyone sleeps tonight reliving the horror. Felt bad for Scot Norwood too when the Buffalo kicker when wide on his kick to lose the Superbowl. Would have liked to see the win with a dropped ball, I mean who the heck could have made that freakish catch anyway...no one would have blamed him had he not caught that. Missing the 2nd kick, a redempion kick would have made the 1st forgoten, but he oviously had it in his head and things didnt work out.

Well, my Ducks wont be be playing them I guess....Take care of Beavs and onto Glendale to take care of Auburn and Cammy boy.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:07 AM

6,098 posts, read 9,140,629 times
Holy crap!!!

I wouldn't have thought that Boise would have lost the way they did!

This might open up the door for another big 10 or 12 team!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football