Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 07:21 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,025,407 times

Advertisements

Probably in part because Cocky lost to Aubie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 08:58 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,684,840 times
My Top Ten:

1a Boise State
1b Ohio State
1c Oregon

I just think that right now we don't enough to compare these teams. Boise State has (so far) the toughest schedule of the 3 and has been absolutely dominant in all of their games after Va Tech. Ohio State seems to be able to roll teams then plays a lame game against Illinois. Oregon... still not sold on their D (letting Wazzu score that many... really?), their schedule (seriously... Portland State, New Mexico, Wazzu, and a horrible Arizona State), but their offense is legit.

4. Nebraska.
5. TCU
6. Alabama
7. Auburn
8. Oklahoma
9. Utah
10. LSU / South Carolina (you pick)

Nebraska is getting close, but that dog against South Dakota stings, and I don't think they beat Texas.

I can't justify dropping Alabama dropping too far. They needed to lose. I still think they're the best team in the nation by a far margin, but they lose focus too easy. I think they roll to the NC game pretty easy from here on out.

TCU is really good. Now we start to see them play some tougher games.

Auburn... solid team. Not a NC quality team, though. Not just yet.

Oklahoma. Yawn.

Utah - impressive win over a team many thought were a sleeper to beat them. Epic matchup against TCU looming.

LSU/USC - just not sure about these teams. USC looked amazing against Alabama. Not sure they've looked amazing in their other games.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:56 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,269,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
My Top Ten:

1a Boise State
1b Ohio State
1c Oregon

I just think that right now we don't enough to compare these teams. Boise State has (so far) the toughest schedule of the 3 and has been absolutely dominant in all of their games after Va Tech. Ohio State seems to be able to roll teams then plays a lame game against Illinois. Oregon... still not sold on their D (letting Wazzu score that many... really?), their schedule (seriously... Portland State, New Mexico, Wazzu, and a horrible Arizona State), but their offense is legit.

4. Nebraska.
5. TCU
6. Alabama
7. Auburn
8. Oklahoma
9. Utah
10. LSU / South Carolina (you pick)

Nebraska is getting close, but that dog against South Dakota stings, and I don't think they beat Texas.

I can't justify dropping Alabama dropping too far. They needed to lose. I still think they're the best team in the nation by a far margin, but they lose focus too easy. I think they roll to the NC game pretty easy from here on out.

TCU is really good. Now we start to see them play some tougher games.

Auburn... solid team. Not a NC quality team, though. Not just yet.

Oklahoma. Yawn.

Utah - impressive win over a team many thought were a sleeper to beat them. Epic matchup against TCU looming.

LSU/USC - just not sure about these teams. USC looked amazing against Alabama. Not sure they've looked amazing in their other games.
hmmm, I love Boise, as well as live here...but our blue field gives me a head ache, and I cant watch the games on TV, as I beleive it will give me a brain tumor. Huge Duck fan here too, worst senerio for me would be Boise against Oregon. Would have to route for ducks...but would have to do it in a secret underground location..these Bronco fans (which Im one of them) are freakishly crazy over this team. Not only that, but Im not sure Boise doesnt punk my Ducks again...hey I would have bet my bank account that they couldnt have done it last year...or the time before that.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:03 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,285,909 times
My top ten:

1. Nebraska
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
6. Auburn
7. Michigan State
8. Oklahoma State
9. Missouri
10. Nevada

Old 10-10-2010, 10:23 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,684,840 times
Lol.

I honestly wonder where people get this stuff.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:28 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
My top ten:

1. Nebraska
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. LSU
5. Oklahoma
6. Auburn
7. Michigan State
8. Oklahoma State
9. Missouri
10. Nevada

You put Nevada ahead of Boise State AND TCU?

........ ok.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:39 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,285,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You put Nevada ahead of Boise State AND TCU?

........ ok.
Why would I put Boise ahead of Nevada? Both of their strengths of schedule are exactly the same, and Nevada has one more win than Boise.

Nevada is 6-0
Boise is 5-0

Nevada has beaten a terrible BYU team, and a good Cal team
Boise has beaten a terrible Virginia Tech team, and a good Oregon State team

Nevada's quarterback Kaepernick has passed for 1321 yards this season and rushed for an additional 639 yards
Boise's quarterback Moore has passed for 1336 yards this season and rushed for an additional -15 yards

I see no reason, other than "media hype" to put Boise ahead of Nevada this year. Why do you think they are better? And remember...
1. Nevada has more wins (as shown above)
2. Nevada has better stats (as shown above)
3. Nevada has a similar, if not better strength of schedule (as shown above)

And don't give me the "Oh but they beat good BCS teams in the past!" thing because I'm only ranking my teams based off this year's performance.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:47 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,616,481 times
THE Top Ten. Week 7.

1. tOSU
2. UO
3. BSU
4. Whoa Nebraska!!
5. TCU
6. Oklahoma
7. Auburn
8. USCe
9. 'Bama
10. LSU

Old 10-10-2010, 11:52 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,459,559 times
Quote:
Why would I put Boise ahead of Nevada? Both of their strengths of schedule are exactly the same, and Nevada has one more win than Boise.

Nevada is 6-0
Boise is 5-0

Nevada's quarterback Kaepernick has passed for 1321 yards this season and rushed for an additional 639 yards
Boise's quarterback Moore has passed for 1336 yards this season and rushed for an additional -15 yards

I see no reason, other than "media hype" to put Boise ahead of Nevada this year. Why do you think they are better? And remember...

And don't give me the "Oh but they beat good BCS teams in the past!" thing because I'm only ranking my teams based off this year's performance.
Lol I'm a Wolfpack fan and even I wouldn't put them ahead of Boise let alone in the top 10, at the moment I wouldn't call Virginia Tech terrible yet, Oregon State just beat #9 Arizona.

That's just my respect for Boise though, when everyone see's WAC, they see Kellen Moore, one thing for sure is that November 26 is going to be one heck of a showdown if we get past Hawaii this week.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:02 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
Quote:

Nevada is 6-0
Boise is 5-0

Well if they have the same strength of schedule, then it could go either way. And Nevada having just one more win over Boise State doesn't really mean much seeing that this is college football (where everyone doesn't play the same amount of games) and they're both undefeated, which also means it could go either way. But I feel that right now, Boise State is just a little better than Nevada. We wont see who's really better until they actually play eachother.

Also, you completely forgot the TCU part of my question...... Not that I'm really surprised. They have been taking a backseat even though they're in a conference with 3 ranked teams.... again. And just pitched back to back shutouts while becoming bowl eligible early in the season.... again.
But I guess none of that's a big deal since they're not in the Big XII minus II.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football