Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 06:19 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,068,673 times

Advertisements

I usually root for the underdog when I don't have a horse in the race... But in recent years, I've grown sick and tired of Boise State and their fans, they are a great story and have done an incredible job but I just can't stand them anymore.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not ecstatic about them going down... I'd love to see them play a tough 1 loss SEC team and get blown out! Some humble pie might do them alot of good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 06:55 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,955,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I usually root for the underdog when I don't have a horse in the race... But in recent years, I've grown sick and tired of Boise State and their fans, they are a great story and have done an incredible job but I just can't stand them anymore.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not ecstatic about them going down... I'd love to see them play a tough 1 loss SEC team and get blown out! Some humble pie might do them alot of good.
I'm right there with you. They play a cream puff schedule all year and think they are a powerhouse but if they had to play a regular schedule and get beaten up physically throughout the year they'd never have a chance in a bowl game against a tough opponent.

Way to go Wolfpack. edit last sentence.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-27-2010 at 09:32 PM..

Old 11-27-2010, 07:59 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,442,530 times
Quote:

I'm happy too. I've grown tired of Boise and their backers in the media trying to push them on us, while ignoring their schedule full of schools that aren't much better than good high school teams..

Old 11-27-2010, 09:24 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,195,206 times
Down goes BS!

Old 11-27-2010, 09:44 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,463,439 times
Wait, wait, wait...There is no possible way Boise State lost last night.

As we all know, they beat Oregon two years in a row (holding our current QB and RB, Masoli and Blount, to a pathetic performance ), defeated the current Oklahoma (with one of OU's best QB, who was a wide receiver, Paul Thompson ) in the Fiesta Bowl.

Plus, they beat a team who should be ranked #2, Va Tech (despite losing to a D-2 school), a team who should be ranked #3 (Oregon State despite a 5-5 record), and they hadn't lost to Nevada since 1998.

Oh wait, I guess that logic doesn't work after all...you mean past years really have no bearing on what one does this year...I stand corrected.

Oh, the irony

Old 11-27-2010, 10:06 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,130,295 times
Wow BSU lost!!! They are F@cked! Everything they have worked for in the last 4-5 years is down the toliet!! The one "big" game they need to win, they lost.

I know the president of Ohio St. is licking his chops!! Sure he will follow up with some more words about other non-AQ teams that want to play in the big game. This also hurts TCU's chances of ever gettin into the game. Now a one loss SEC/Big 10/Big 12/Pac 10 team will always to assured a spot over the non-AQ even if they win every game by 50.

To BSU fans, its ok. I know your pain. Look at Texas loss to Texas Tech in 2008. **** happens and all you can do is let the chips fall where they may. Although no national championship game, still a possiblity for a BCS game.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:21 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,930,554 times
Quote:

I must say that you've summed up my feelings entirely! Kudos.

Old 11-27-2010, 10:44 AM

977 posts, read 1,958,611 times
If Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, or any SEC team loses to a top 20 conference opponent on the road in OT, it's disappointing but not a disaster. They still hang around in the top 10 with an outside title shot. If Boise State does, it's the end of their season, they were overrated and undeserving, and they get relegated to the Grandma's Corner Market Bowl in mid-December. Boise haters are funny.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:12 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,931,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
I know the president of Ohio St. is licking his chops!! Sure he will follow up with some more words about other non-AQ teams that want to play in the big game. This also hurts TCU's chances of ever gettin into the game. Now a one loss SEC/Big 10/Big 12/Pac 10 team will always to assured a spot over the non-AQ even if they win every game by 50.
How exactly does this hurt TCU's chance of EVER going to a Championship game?

For one thing, unless New Mexico pumps their enitre team with P.E.D.'s, I don't see them ruining thier chance at back to back undefeated seasons. And there's still the possibility of Auburn losing the championship game. We just have to wait and see.

And second, it's not like TCU's gonna be a non-AQ forever. Hell, they really have no choice when you think about it cause there's no gaurantee that the Mountian West will gain AQ status. The Big East seems to be the only way for them to go and I doubt they pass a chance on this...

Old 11-27-2010, 11:33 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,429,547 times
I am a Boise fan, and I'm still a Boise fan even after last night's loss. I still think they deserve to go to a BCS bowl, or at least a New Year's Day game (Outback Bowl, Capital One Bowl, etc.) over a three-loss Big East team. This was one freak loss -- it happens. Nevada is a really good team.

I don't understand why everyone hates Boise. What is there to hate about a non-traditional power from Idaho that built their program into a national powerhouse? Why not hate teams like Ohio State, which are media darlings every year and almost always lose their big games? Why not hate Oklahoma, which is always overrated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football