Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 09:03 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,285,909 times

Advertisements

No way will Boise jump TCU
My prediction for the title: Oregon vs. TCU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 09:49 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
*sighs*

Sadly, I don't believe that.

I'm actually praying for Boise State to lose one of the last games.... But it's not gonna happen.

I WILL accept a BSU/TCU National Title, wheather the country wants it or not.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:29 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,964,081 times
I think it's silly to suggest that Oregon's D would hold Bronco's to less than 30. [/quote]

Last year the Oregon defense held them to 18. The difference is... Broncos have the same team, and Oregon has an even better team.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:18 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,462,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
I think it's silly to suggest that Oregon's D would hold Bronco's to less than 30.
Last year the Oregon defense held them to 18. The difference is... Broncos have the same team, and Oregon has an even better team.[/quote]

And the Oregon defense is better, faster, and statistically better this year than last.

Plus, we have Cliff Harris. Mr. Moore, meet Cliff Harris!

Old 11-19-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
*sighs*

Sadly, I don't believe that.

I'm actually praying for Boise State to lose one of the last games.... But it's not gonna happen.

I WILL accept a BSU/TCU National Title, wheather the country wants it or not.
Why not?

The computer average has Boise ranked 6th
The computer average has TCU ranked 3rd

The voters have Boise ranked 3rd and TCU ranked 4th.

So basically, in order to jump TCU, Boise will have to somehow move up 3 rankings in the computer average. I don't believe beating a #18 Nevada will do that for them.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:17 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,929,625 times
Quote:
Why not?

The computer average has Boise ranked 6th
The computer average has TCU ranked 3rd

The voters have Boise ranked 3rd and TCU ranked 4th.

So basically, in order to jump TCU, Boise will have to somehow move up 3 rankings in the computer average. I don't believe beating a #18 Nevada will do that for them.
Yes, but you have to take into account that TCU has a BYE this week. And their next game is their last, which will be against the mighty (1-9) New Mexico Lobos.

If BSU beats both teams, regardless of the score, I believe they will pass up TCU. Sad to say.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:55 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,879,904 times
Quote:
I think it's silly to suggest that Oregon's D would hold Bronco's to less than 30.
Last year the Oregon defense held them to 18. The difference is... Broncos have the same team, and Oregon has an even better team.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Last year the Oregon defense held them to 18. The difference is... Broncos have the same team, and Oregon has an even better team.

And the Oregon defense is better, faster, and statistically better this year than last.

Plus, we have Cliff Harris. Mr. Moore, meet Cliff Harris![/quote]

Internet smack talk . Boise may be returning the same team, but it's folly to suggest they aren't much better on offense this year than last. They pound the rock for 200 yards a game and pass for 300. The same could be said of their defense. Petersen does it with half the "talent" as the establishment programs.

Oregon is obviously a better team than last year as well, but I'm not ever sure they can get by their last two games. Cal may have cheated to slow the game down, but they made stops on the defensive side of the ball, lined up in man coverage, and made it a hell of a game.

Good luck getting by Mike Stoops and Arizona. They've got all the game tape they need watching what Cal did. Take care of business on your end, and the Broncos will do the same.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yes, but you have to take into account that TCU has a BYE this week. And their next game is their last, which will be against the mighty (1-9) New Mexico Lobos.

If BSU beats both teams, regardless of the score, I believe they will pass up TCU. Sad to say.
Boise State beating Fresno State, #18 Nevada, and Utah State will not move them at all in the computer polls. Like I said, they have to move 3 places to move ahead of TCU-- which is almost impossible, considering two of the teams in front of them are LSU and Stanford.

The voters can't do anything more for Boise-- only the computers, as the voters already have Boise ranked 3rd.

It is pretty much a sure thing that if Auburn or Oregon slips up, TCU will be in there.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:29 AM

674 posts, read 1,460,400 times
Quote:
Lolz.

Only if the voters have a change of heart. TCU has climbed as high as they can and will actually lose computer points playing New Mexico next week. Utah still has to play SDSU, and while that's a wash to the computers, it could affect Utah's ranking should they lose. Of course, Baylor has a tough road ahead as well, which doesn't bode well for TCU.

Boise, on the other hand, has a top 30 team tonight and a top 15ish team next week. If they win it all but assures they jump TCU.

However, if Boise struggles tonight and/or against Nevada, and Va Tech loses, then it becomes really interesting.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:31 AM

674 posts, read 1,460,400 times
Quote:

I'd argue Boise is far better this year than last year as well.

I agree that the Oregon D is underrated. But I also think the Oregon offense is a lot overrated. Was Cal an aberration? These next two weeks will be interesting to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football