Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 09:42 AM

1,639 posts, read 4,711,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Boise State is the best thing for college football. Them, TCU, and Utah make having this debate possible. Keep winning and everything will work itself out. The vast majority of the country is behind you guys, including most of the college football analysts.
It would've been nice to see all three of them in the Mtn West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
That's really gonna make you mad then. Ohio State goes thru their "easy" schedule and finishes 11-1. Boise goes 12-0.

And guess which team will be in the national title game? LOLs.

That's because Thee Ohio State Buckeyes are winners and the Boise State Donkeys are losers.

Have fun in the Holiday Bowl playing the #6 team from the PAC-10. LOLs.
If Ohio State is going to lose and still make it, I think that loss needs to be this week. It's getting to that point of the season where when you lose is becoming very important. With that said, I think they take care of business against Wisconsin. Just wish they played Sparty this year.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:03 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,136,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Boise won by 11, and although they were in control, they never put Oregon away as you like to make it sound. The only stat that matters is the score. If you want to see an example of "putting a team away", please refer to the OU/Florida State game from a few weeks ago.

I really don't know why you need to come to the defense of your Broncos on every post. All I was saying is that it's not accurate to say they destroyed Oregon.
Oregon was destroyed. No first downs till midway through the 3rd quarter. Nearly unheard of.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Oregon was destroyed. No first downs till midway through the 3rd quarter. Nearly unheard of.
Fine, you win. It was an absolute blowout and possibly the most dominant performance by any team during the 2009 season. Next topic.

Old 10-14-2010, 04:25 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,463,439 times
First of all, BSU beat us at all phases of the game. Now, keep in mind about this whole Oregon was destoyed jibber jabber, it was the combination of BSU's solid defense and the total ineptitude of Oregon's offense that proved the downfall of the Ducks in Boise. Oregon's offense is a rhythm offense. If they are not clicking, regardless of the defense, it doesn't look pretty. Add to that a solid game plan and the Ducks can be in serious trouble. This is why I'm not annointing us a NC contender like I have in the past. If we are not firing on all cylinders, we do not have the type of offense to just chew clock with dink and dunk plays. It seems to be all or nothing with the Ducks. We either score in 90 secs. or bog down.

That night, the Ducks ran the ball 17 times...that is it! LaMichael James touched the ball twice and ran for 22 yards. This was way before anyone knew how good he could become. Had he touched the ball more, Oregon could have possibly moved the ball a bit more. Masoli was pathetic and the playcalling was horrible. We seemed to go to the same well over and over again. Kelly has a tendency to do this at times (see Rose Bowl). Blount looked like a fat lug out on the field and an amatuer boxer with a nice jab later. Defensively, the Ducks did alright. They held Moore to under 200 yards passing (w no ints) and if I recall, the average BSU starting position was in their own 40s, so they were facing a shorter field than defenses like. BSU ran the ball 59 times for an average of under 3 ypc. So, both teams didn't exactly light up the scoreboard. Yes, BSU had 3 fumbles, but then again, Oregon had 2 turnovers.

So, in the end, BSU won solidly. They had a ball control game plan and was clearly the better team that night. Given that they struggled when young Darron Thomas game in back in 2008, LaMichael James runs wild on nearly everyone, and their DC Justin Wilcox is gone, I'd place my money on the Ducks as third times the charm.

Last edited by Acuda; 10-14-2010 at 04:33 PM..

Old 10-14-2010, 05:03 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,136,048 times
^^I appreciate the insight from a Duck fan. I like Oregon and the Pac10. My favorite major conference. I was simply pointing out, rightly, that the game was not that close. Not nearly as close as the score. I agree it would be a close match up now, Im sure you dont discount BSU like alot of these guys on here do....

Old 10-14-2010, 05:22 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,512,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Ohio State vs. Oregon in the title? A repeat of last years Rose Bowl? *yawn*

I don't think anyone wants to see Ohio State in another title game after the debacles of 2007 and 2006.

2006 BCS Title Game: Florida 41, Ohio State 14
2007 BCS Title Game: LSU 38, Ohio State 24

What a yawn fest.
Why was Oklahoma let in 2 years ago after the USC debacle?

In case you haven't noticed none of those OSU players are in college anymore. Most of them play on Sunday now.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Also, no way would a 11-1 Ohio State team make it in over a 12-0 Boise team... Unless they get upset in the next few games-- because otherwise they will have no way to climb back up the polls to #1 or 2. Just the way it is... you have to be upset early to make it back to 1 or 2 by end of season.

Now an 11-1 Alabama team definitely could... And probably will.

My BCS title prediction: Alabama (12-1) vs. Nebraska (13-0)
If Ohio State is sitting at 11-1 they will get in before Boise.

Any BCS team sitting at one loss would get in before Boise. Remember last year? Cincinnati was going to the NT game before the Boise State Donkeys. LOLs. Cincinnati has more respect with the pollsters than Boise. LOLs.

Especially an Ohio State, LSU, Florida, USC etc.....

Who do you think runs college football? Who do you think brings in the most advertising dollars?

I can't believe people actually think the BCS people would let Boise in under any circumstance.

College football is run more by politics than any other sport.

Might as well get used to it. Or stop watching. Cause it ain't changing.

Boise will be lucky to be ranked 5th if they are undefeated at the end of the year.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
If Ohio State is going to lose and still make it, I think that loss needs to be this week. It's getting to that point of the season where when you lose is becoming very important. With that said, I think they take care of business against Wisconsin. Just wish they played Sparty this year.
I wish we played Sparty this year too. I think every OSU fan wants to play them this year.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:58 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,285,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Why was Oklahoma let in 2 years ago after the USC debacle?

In case you haven't noticed none of those OSU players are in college anymore. Most of them play on Sunday now.
True that was a debacle... of course USC was cheating back then... (i.e. Reggie Bush and all...)

Last edited by h152cc2; 10-14-2010 at 06:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football