Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 06:41 AM

286 posts, read 653,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
I thought someone had already pointed out that this is out of date
It was me and yes it is out of date. Now that I look at it again I see that not only is Alltel listed but Washington Mutual is on there a few times as well. It no longer exists either - they were merged into JPMorgan during the beginning of the financial crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 AM

45 posts, read 75,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post

Mcdonalds at firetower and charles
Just FYI: Your images are not showing up on here. The link doesn't work either.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:28 AM

232 posts, read 475,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herringj06 View Post
Just FYI: Your images are not showing up on here. The link doesn't work either.
darn. I'll try to figure out what i'm doing wrong. thanks for the heads up

Old 06-28-2012, 12:09 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Any word on what's going in the Home Depot building??
Someone just bought it. I can't recall what for. Or maybe it isn't known yet.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:11 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
Here is the final Right of Way Plans for the Tenth Street Connector.

Warning, it is a LARGE PDF (43 pages), but there is some good info in there. I can't WAIT to see the wrecking balls in West Greenville!!

Old 06-28-2012, 09:14 PM

107 posts, read 175,776 times
I e-mailed P. F. Changs & The Cheesecake Factory. P. F. Changs - No immediate plans to open in Greenville NC. Will share your suggestion with our development team for review & consideration. The Cheesecake Factory - Thrilled that you would like for us to open in Greenville NC. Will share your comments with our department for choosing sites. Not saying that they would share this information with me even if they were planning to open a restaurant, but if you look at the sites where they are currently locating, they are all in or on the outer fringes of metro areas. Even Pei Wei restaurants are locating in large metro areas.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:06 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,104,814 times
Seriously folks. Doesn't Greenville have enough places to eat already? A new place opens and the place is mobbed for 2 weeks. Then everybody goes away. I was in Popeye's last Friday at dinner time. There were 2 other people there and the staff was just standing around. I was in the new O'Reilly's Auto Parts on Firetower the other day. I asked the guy how things were going. He said just one word. Slow.

Everybody wishes for this and wishes for that. Then when they open there's no support. It was crazy that Home Depot left town. They were competitively priced and actually had better lumber than Lowes or any of the local lumber yards.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:06 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
^ I was a Home Depot person - liked them so much better than Lowes...but their store was small to begin with & Lowes has been in Greenville for so long people go there religiously. I prefer the new lowes over the old one, though I don't know how much business they do...I imagine the new Wal Mart will bring more people out there & their business should pick up.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:29 AM

286 posts, read 653,403 times
Home Depot was just a disorganized Lowe's with red shelves. I only went there as a second option if Lowe's didn't have what I needed (before there was a second Lowe's to check). Pretty much everyone else in Greenville felt the same way.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:30 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
Between school being out and many residents taking vacations elsewhere, just about every Greenville restaurant slows down in the summer. And the Home Depot never got busy, not even during the holidays. Location can't be blamed. Lowes does fine right across the street. They over-featured that great lumber, dropping the ball on the rest of the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina