Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2012, 05:39 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
A section of Worthington Rd. will be closed on 7/9/12 to fix the bridge, the sign didn't say for how long.
I suspect it could be a while. I think they're going to raise the bridge and the approaches to it. Every time there's a major rain event that bridge is closed due to flooding. There is a bridge replacement budgeted for that bridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 09:23 AM

26 posts, read 50,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I suspect it could be a while. I think they're going to raise the bridge and the approaches to it. Every time there's a major rain event that bridge is closed due to flooding. There is a bridge replacement budgeted for that bridge.

If you go to this website you can look at road closures in the Greenville/Winterville area and from what it says (this road is part way down in the log) it says it will be closed until Sept. 23rd. Glad they are taking care of it but surprised they didn't start sooner if it was going to take that long. I live in the area but don't have kids but I suspect that it will really make things difficult for the High School Students if it runs into Sept.

And just for those who don't know, you if you have to go on that road from Old Tar you can keep going south past Worthington on Old tar and you will quickly see Laurie Ellis Road on your left. If you go left there it will run over into County Home Road which will get you back up to Worthington. Check the map on this site to see what I'm talking about. Just thought I would pass along.

Greenville, NC Road Conditions with Driving and Traffic Flow - LocalConditions.com

Old 07-07-2012, 08:58 PM

36 posts, read 63,370 times
Does anyone know anything about the seafood place going into the old Perkins/Los Charos bld. Across from the convention center?

Old 07-08-2012, 12:37 PM

232 posts, read 475,121 times
There is a foundation being built beside the hess on 14th and greenville blvd. not sure whats being constructed

Old 07-11-2012, 04:24 PM

54 posts, read 75,597 times
from uptown greenville.

"
The Greenville Redevelopment Commission is seeking a creative, qualified office/commercial (mixed-use) development partner with a proven track record of developing urban infill projects. The selected developer will work with the Greenville Redevelopment Commission to design, develop, and manage the construction of a multistory building (minimum of three floors) on a 0.2 acre parcel in Uptown Greenville.

The project will accommodate the relocation of the Greenville Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) to the Uptown area and provide additional office/commercial space close to the main campus of East Carolina University. For access to the project scope, contact Carl Rees, City of Greenville, Office of Economic Development, crees@greenvillenc.gov or 252.329.4510."

Old 07-11-2012, 06:57 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvllepirate View Post
from uptown greenville.
The project will accommodate the relocation of the Greenville Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) to the Uptown area
The entire Convention Center or just the Visitor Center part of it?

I believe it was mistake to originally locate the convention center anywhere but downtown. It ensured there be no hotels there (or much else). Worst part of the planning for it was that it was being planned while the the last remnants of the tobacco industry were closing their doors in Greenville. What did they think would become of downtown if they didn't find new ventures for downtown? Putting the convention center in the retail area only ensured nothing would happen downtown, and it's made it more difficult to attract people and businesses downtown. It's pretty telling that no real estate agencies have offices in downtown Greenville. I hope the above statement comes to fruition.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:59 PM

286 posts, read 653,279 times
The CVB office/Visitor's Center is all that is moving.

I'm glad they didn't put the convention center downtown. The idiots that run things would have preferred we all park elsewhere and walk to it. Parking is bad enough downtown.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:40 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Here is the best part about that call:
Quote:
multistory building (minimum of three floors)
We are going to have a new three story (or more?) building. I'm not sure how many people work in the Visitors Bureau, but any new relocation of this type is wonderful news.

Any idea on the location? I thought I read it would be on the eastern side of the 400 block of Evans, but nothing is 0.2 acres, and there is only one open location.

I am currently looking for a parcel of land that fits that criteria, but no luck yet.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:48 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
It is that parcel(s) I wrote about earlier, 423 Evans St. It currently is that open space on the 400 block of Evans. The hope is to add office, residential and possibly even some retail on the first floor, in addition to the Visitors Bureau.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:33 AM

286 posts, read 653,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
There is a foundation being built beside the hess on 14th and greenville blvd. not sure whats being constructed
Boulevard gas station doubling size
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina