Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 05:22 AM

232 posts, read 475,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I know what the excuse to build the road was and I'm just not buying it. They said it was to provide another way to get from Evans over to Memorial but when I see which way the backups are on Evans, I didn't think Regency was going to do much of anything. And it doesn't. I mean it's a divided 4 lane road. Those are designed for heavy traffic. You can tell a lot about a road by looking at the curb cuts. Those are breaks in the curbing where driveways or other streets enter onto a road. There are quite a few acres of undeveloped land there that were basically landlocked until Regency was built but it's not that much.

Regency cannot go any further east. That area is locked up by current developments.

I think the money would have been much better spent turning Evans into a 4 lane divided (no center turn lane, I hate those) road.
I completely agree. 4 lane it to firetower
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 05:24 AM

232 posts, read 475,121 times
webcam for the new minges gym

iBEAM Construction Cameras - Most Recent Image

Old 07-24-2012, 06:42 AM

26 posts, read 50,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIR8tes12 View Post
Anybody found out what is being built at evans and gville blvd? the building looks pretty tall so far

I drove by that this weekend and was still trying to figure it out. I thought it was going to be something for the car dealership right next door but it's not looking like that. Here is a pic I took of it if anyone is interested in what it looks like.

Greenville Area Developments-img_20120720_201107.jpg

Old 07-24-2012, 10:02 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
I think the money would have been much better spent turning Evans into a 4 lane divided (no center turn lane, I hate those) road.
This needs to happen. What's the point of shooting across Regency, only to turn off into a long, two-lane traffic jam (during rush hour anyway) on your shortcut to Firetower or Greenville Blvd?

Old 07-24-2012, 10:30 AM

45 posts, read 75,165 times
Does anyone know about the status of the Grey Fox Run development at Bells Fork? This was suppose to be a huge complex with different types of living (condo, flats, townhomes) but when the housing crisis hit I guess things got put on hold. In the last couple of years I've seen some stand alone homes pop up beside the Bellamy student apartment complex but I don't know if they're associated.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:47 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Quote:
I completely agree. 4 lane it to firetower
I think that is in the pipeline.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:50 PM

Some pics of the new Practice Basketball Facility at Minges.

Dowdy-Ficklen

Looking North

Old 07-24-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Rezoning request worries residents: A far-reaching rezoning plan that would open up 41 acres of foreclosed property along Regency Boulevard to the development of high-rise apartment buildings is awaiting the approval of the Greenville City Council.

The Daily Reflector
Hopefully "high-rise" apartments will mean three stories. Anything close to "high-rise" needs to go uptown.

But, I think student housing would do well there. It is close to PCC. Are there any student apartment that are for exclusively for PCC students? If you look at Wake Tech Community College, there are A LOT of apartment complexes around there. Now WTCC is larger than PCC, but still.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I think that is in the pipeline.
Yeah, to expand it from Greenville Blvd to Worthington Road. It is number 8 on the priority list, but I think the list is fairly fluid.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:02 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
It's looking a little less likely, at this time, that US 264 will become an Interstate any time soon. There are two options. Get Congress to fund it or get the state to commit to a 25 year plan to bring US 264 up to Interstate standards and then choose a number. It was agreed that the state will do the most preliminary work in getting the process started. That is basically measuring the road to see exactly what will have to be done.

The Daily Reflector
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina