Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 06:35 PM

505 posts, read 2,543,297 times

Advertisements

How can you find out the lastest developments in eastern NC??? When you go to the local sites there is nothing???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM

2,309 posts, read 6,104,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
How can you find out the lastest developments in eastern NC??? When you go to the local sites there is nothing???
Newspapers, TV stations, doing research.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:54 PM

505 posts, read 2,543,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Newspapers, TV stations, doing research.
I tried that. You have to pay for the newpapers links. The town websites tell you nothing either. Atleast for most towns.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:57 PM

910 posts, read 1,319,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
PURE SPECULATION

VantageSouth is the bank that merged with East Carolina Bank. The bank named two executives to head up its operations in eastern North Carolina. Both will be based in Greenville. ECB has 25 branches, and VantageSouth has two more branches in Wilmington.

I wonder how much of the bank operations will be conducted in Greenville. Greenville has three ECB locations. Would they just expand into one of those current locations? Or maybe they will build something new to house their needed resources.
VantageSouth appoints two execs for eastern expansion - Triangle Business Journal

An expansion project like that would suure be perfect for Uptown!
Only a couple of the people I know with ECB, who are regional management, are being kept on. So I'm guessing they're moving the higher up operations to Cary, and leaving a couple regional guys in Greenville ECB branch offices. I doubt anyone at VS is clamoring to work in Engelhard.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Although I created this thread, I don't visit much but I must say I'm proud of the contributions made by all members. It's always a great feeling to come back after a few days and see pages upon pages of new development news going on in Greenville, its sort of like Christmas time, so that's just a special thanks to you all. Anyways, Uptown Greenville is just on the roll right now with new shops, apartments, and etc. being proposed, I'm almost certain some company is looking to place a hotel there now (just speculation). I don't want Greenville to develop a skyline necessarily, but having great street density will take the city to another level. If I had the cash on hand, I'd love to build a couple hundred luxury studio apartments in the city because I know they'll sell well eventually.

Of course Uptown still isn't the place to be, but in the coming future I can see it being vibrant for college students to say the least. Once the city reaches a decent level of development going on, I think the city should start advertising more to get others in the region to visit as opposed to just visiting areas such as the mall.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
Although I created this thread, I don't visit much but I must say I'm proud of the contributions made by all members.
It's interesting to look back at Page 1 and see what was built and what didn't get built. Washington never got those 2 towers and it doesn't look like they ever will. The company that proposed them has become another company and they don't appear to have any plans for towers for Washington.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:59 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
It's interesting to look back at Page 1 and see what was built and what didn't get built. Washington never got those 2 towers and it doesn't look like they ever will. The company that proposed them has become another company and they don't appear to have any plans for towers for Washington.
Honestly, I hate going back to the first pages of this thread because my grammar was terrible. Anyways; it is amazing how much has been developed in Greenville and its surrounding areas since this thread has been created but by far the most amazing thing to me has been that we have all proposed a few things such as redeveloping the West End/Tobacco District and it may actually come true.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
we have all proposed a few things such as redeveloping the West End/Tobacco District and it may actually come true.
It's almost like the "powers that be" are reading these forums. 2 things I've consistently complained about over the years has been the wastage of Greenville's riverfront and the number of bars downtown. It seems that both of these issues are being looked at very closely and action is not far off.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:28 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,859,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
Only a couple of the people I know with ECB, who are regional management, are being kept on. So I'm guessing they're moving the higher up operations to Cary, and leaving a couple regional guys in Greenville ECB branch offices. I doubt anyone at VS is clamoring to work in Engelhard.
ECB is donating its old HQ's in Engelhard to Hyde County for re-purposing....

I doubt they are setting up shop in Greenville, although that would be nice...they are likely just creating/moving more management positions to Greenville to support its eastern branches because Greenville is centrally located for that region. It will be interesting if VS expands west in NC because PNC has really made a push in the Charlotte area.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,766,109 times
A new Family Dollar is being built on SW Greenville Blvd. (halfway between Williams Rd. and Dickinson Ave., approaching the Allen Rd. crossover). I'm predicting a few wrecks per year from people trying to turn left out of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina