Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 08:55 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
Silt fence and survey stakes have appeared on a lot just south of the new Dollar General store on NC 43 south. It is about 1/2 mile south of Firetower Rd. Is it a house or is it a store? Only time will tell.
I believe I have found out more about this. The property was recently purchased by the same company that runs Kittrell Farms, Russell Property Management. Since the property abuts Kittrell Farms duplexes, one can safely draw the conclusion that whatever they build, it will have something to do with their current project. Kittrell Farms Duplexes : Russell Property Management :: Rent in Greenville, NC

The property is within Greenville. It is zoned OR which is Office/Residential.
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-kittrell-farms.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 07:05 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,826 times
I noticed there is now a Hwy 55 Express in the little store beside Dominoes on Charles Blvd.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:56 AM

68 posts, read 119,788 times
501 fresh a salad and wraps restaurant will be in the old cubbies spot uptown.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:13 PM

Old 07-23-2014, 01:22 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,261,994 times
Chick-fil-a on Evans opened back up yesterday

Old 07-25-2014, 03:21 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,105,617 times
Finally Greenville is looking to tap the hidden potential of the Tar River. I've mentioned several times over the years, the vast wasted resource that is the Tar River. They're taking ideas about how to develop the river if anybody has any.

Greenville Looks To Develop 7-Mile Stretch Along Tar River

Old 07-25-2014, 06:43 AM

I would love to see the Tar River utilized...really anything would be better than what we have now. I never go tot eh Town Commons because there is nothing to do there except look at a body of water that is honestly not the nicest, cleanest looking body of water in the world. I would fully back any use of tax payer money on this project. If you go to the WITN site, the usual fuddy duddy people with no life are up there commenting on what a horrible idea it is...figures. If it were up to them Greenville would still be a town of 8,000 people with dirt roads.

I'd like to see a new amphitheater built that isn't embarrassing looking (though some will disagree), a BMX park would be a nice way to get folks down there. They need a better one than the one at Jaycee Park. I'm all for canoeing or kayaking options as well as a zip line...maybe some ropes courses in the woods on the opposite bank of the river? If anyone has been to the whitewater center in Charlotte that place is awesome.

I am still amazed that Kinston can have a freakin' Lion's Water Park & Greenville can't. Really, Kinston. I don't know how much that has helped the city attract people as I simply drive to the waterpark, spend the day & drive home, I have zero interest in going anywhere in that town.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:16 AM

Here is a link to the WNCT Community Crossroads segments on Greenville. I guess it's from their morning show. Nothing earth shattering & it shows that the anchors are not from the area as they jumble up a lot of stuff. WNCT really has a lot of work to do to compete with WITN now.

Community Crossroads: Greenville - Greenville, NC | News | Weather | Sports - WNCT.com

Old 07-25-2014, 09:48 AM

1,292 posts, read 1,599,213 times
Those are the 6pm anchors hosting that segment. WNCT is better than it used to be but they did kind of get off the rails for a while there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina