Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2020, 08:59 AM

455 posts, read 528,229 times

Advertisements

Its interesting to watch the growing pains as Greenville's city center actually becomes one and normal operations like paid parking are introduced.

I was looking at the proposed Imperial plans again yesterday that includes two parking decks. One adjacent to the hotel, the other with the apartments. I'm assuming those will be completely reserved for those facilities.... I do hope the city can find a way to build another deck near Dickinson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 01:30 PM

192 posts, read 281,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
Well Played Games is moving into the Pizza Inn building. It should be interesting to see what they do with that space.
From the look of their website, they should be bringing some game developer jobs to the area. Seems like They're going to be paying a lot for that location for an office type building. I thought it was like a Dave and Busters open to the public but that's not what their website states. Unless the UK based company I found is a different Well Played Games. They have some fairly popular and big name games.

Old 01-30-2020, 03:52 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
From the look of their website, they should be bringing some game developer jobs to the area. Seems like They're going to be paying a lot for that location for an office type building. I thought it was like a Dave and Busters open to the public but that's not what their website states. Unless the UK based company I found is a different Well Played Games. They have some fairly popular and big name games.
https://www.facebook.com/WellPlayedNC/

Arcade.

Old 02-03-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Thanks. That is certainly not a game developing company from the UK LOL. I don't think that would be classified exclusively as an arcade. It appears to be a gaming store for board games, card games and fantasy games like DnD (dungeons and dragons), also. It looks similar to Blue Ox on 10th Street.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:34 AM

14 posts, read 13,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bret Wickstrom View Post
Thanks. That is certainly not a game developing company from the UK LOL. I don't think that would be classified exclusively as an arcade. It appears to be a gaming store for board games, card games and fantasy games like DnD (dungeons and dragons), also. It looks similar to Blue Ox on 10th Street.
Kind of bizarre that a niche board game store / place to play is taking that whole building.

Old 02-04-2020, 08:22 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzbean View Post
Kind of bizarre that a niche board game store / place to play is taking that whole building.
Agreed. Seems more like a place for a sports bar / taphouse & restaurant. Good luck to them. I have seen plenty of people at Blue Ox on 10th Street, so it appears that Greenville has a solid market for this type of thing.

Old 02-04-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzbean View Post
Kind of bizarre that a niche board game store/place to play is taking that whole building.
This type of activity (DnD) seems to be making a come back due to popular culture (Stranger Things) that mentions it more often and more positively. When you combine that with the fact that people are so disconnected from actual human socialization thanks to technology, it makes sense. It's not considered a fringe activity the way it once was. Sports have become so political they seem to be losing their once-dominant hold on American culture. I'm not sure if it's that the economy is so good that people are free to spend more time playing games or that people are just less responsible with their time and money. Either way, I think it's positive to see a bit more variety to local businesses.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:25 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
When did Pizza Inn close? I didn’t even know it was gone.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:45 PM

275 posts, read 330,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
When did Pizza Inn close? I didn’t even know it was gone.
About a month ago IIRC.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:40 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
The game place has video games as well. I took my son there awhile back because we had a play for free coupon & they have video game room, full of literally thousands of titles to play. You pay like 15 bucks or something & you can play as long as you want all day long. It was actually pretty cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina