Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2011, 09:29 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,915 times

Advertisements

A domed stadium would have been kind of cool simply for the fact it would have increased our chances of getting a Super Bowl in Cleveland. I do like games played in snow, but I will admit going to a Browns game in December and not freezing my ass off wouldn't be half bad either lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 11:17 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
A domed stadium would have been kind of cool simply for the fact it would have increased our chances of getting a Super Bowl in Cleveland. I do like games played in snow, but I will admit going to a Browns game in December and not freezing my ass off wouldn't be half bad either lol.
A domed stadium may have been cool but not in the Warehouse District.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:48 AM

130 posts, read 299,585 times
Cleveland to unveil new plan for lakefront development | cleveland.com

Old 11-13-2011, 02:06 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,901,611 times
I read that on my phone today. I really like the plans. Mayor Frank Jackson is really becoming a winner in my book. I like how he is focusing on lakefront development while keeping the airport and port. According to the article, I guess the airport would like to attract development and employment plans. You look at New York and Chicago, they incorporate their development around their industries too. If we get everyone involved, this could really become a great lakefront story. I like all the plans for connecting everything, especially the new convention center with the lakefront; although I am still up in the air about the pedestrian bridge renderings.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
A domed stadium may have been cool but not in the Warehouse District.
I agree. Browns Stadium is a nice stadium, but it is only able to be used a few times during the year. A few years ago they threw around $90 million glass roof that looked nice. If they can add the development like they are planning around Browns stadium, I don't think it would be so much of a waste anymore.

Also, I too am skeptical about the transit hub in the Warehouse District, but if they do it right, it can really be the next boom in that section of downtown. Only thing I am worried about it how this will connect passengers to the rail station to catch the rapids throughout the city... Seems like it would be away from that entry point. If this works though, it would bring in the retail and residents that could start all kinds of new development in that section of the Warehouse District.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:15 PM

233 posts, read 454,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
I read that on my phone today. I really like the plans. Mayor Frank Jackson is really becoming a winner in my book. I like how he is focusing on lakefront development while keeping the airport and port. According to the article, I guess the airport would like to attract development and employment plans. You look at New York and Chicago, they incorporate their development around their industries too. If we get everyone involved, this could really become a great lakefront story. I like all the plans for connecting everything, especially the new convention center with the lakefront; although I am still up in the air about the pedestrian bridge renderings.
I actually like the pedestrian bridge because it protects from harsh winters, allows for quick access, and looks unique and stands out which is what we should have.....something that would grab people's attention rather than some bland regular old bridge...Cleveland needs to take a chance architecturally sometimes...That is all

Old 11-13-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr216 View Post
I actually like the pedestrian bridge because it protects from harsh winters, allows for quick access, and looks unique and stands out which is what we should have.....something that would grab people's attention rather than some bland regular old bridge...Cleveland needs to take a chance architecturally sometimes...That is all
LOL I looked at it on my phone so some of the images weren't as clear as on my pc. I should check it. I was reading it at Hopkins today because I had to catch a flight to St. Louis. If they can make the bridge attractive, I have no problem with it. I definatly support the idea due to the fact that it finally connects pedestrians to the mall areas.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
I agree. Browns Stadium is a nice stadium, but it is only able to be used a few times during the year. A few years ago they threw around $90 million glass roof that looked nice. If they can add the development like they are planning around Browns stadium, I don't think it would be so much of a waste anymore.

Also, I too am skeptical about the transit hub in the Warehouse District, but if they do it right, it can really be the next boom in that section of downtown. Only thing I am worried about it how this will connect passengers to the rail station to catch the rapids throughout the city... Seems like it would be away from that entry point. If this works though, it would bring in the retail and residents that could start all kinds of new development in that section of the Warehouse District.
I guess I have a difficulty in thinking of who might want to live above or around a bus depot. 24-7 bus traffic with people standing around, leaving litter, fighting, urinating, drinking, thug kids fighting after school etc....which is what is going on in Public Square everyday...moving these folks to the Warehouse District is not going to spur residential or retail (unless it's fast food and currency exchanges).

Old 11-13-2011, 04:52 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,415,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
I guess I have a difficulty in thinking of who might want to live above or around a bus depot. 24-7 bus traffic with people standing around, leaving litter, fighting, urinating, drinking, thug kids fighting after school etc....which is what is going on in Public Square everyday...moving these folks to the Warehouse District is not going to spur residential or retail (unless it's fast food and currency exchanges).
They had problems with that in Akron, too. The city ended up moving the bus hub south of downtown to an industrial area with very low population.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
They had problems with that in Akron, too. The city ended up moving the bus hub south of downtown to an industrial area with very low population.
I've been thinking of the same kind of place for Cleveland's as well. Cleveland's problem is that it has only 1 rapid transit station downtown; too bad Cleveland never built its downtown subway system in the 1950s. With only 1 station, the bus hub has to be adjacent to it. I always thought a separate Gateway stop should have been created and now it could serve as the hub station for buses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland