Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 10:18 PM

237 posts, read 249,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
It then sounds like the plaza will be gone. I guess in the future celebrations will take place on Public Square, unless streets are shut done for big events and used as malls.

I wonder if anybody has considered the need for the plaza and its prospective loss.
See plans for the Q transformation | cleveland.com

The renovation appears primarily on the north side of the Q (see slide 9). I could be wrong but I think the plaza you're referring to is in between the Q and Progrseive Field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 12:05 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF1129 View Post
See plans for the Q transformation | cleveland.com

The renovation appears primarily on the north side of the Q (see slide 9). I could be wrong but I think the plaza you're referring to is in between the Q and Progrseive Field.
Yes, that's the way it appears so it looks like the plaza is staying. It's such a great public place; hard to believe it would be eliminated.

Old 12-16-2016, 01:25 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
I thought the plaza on the north side of the Q between the Q and Huron Road had also been used to host festivities, but perhaps I'm wrong. All of the images that I've found were taken in Gateway Plaza, located between the Q and Progressive Field.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:30 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I thought the plaza on the north side of the Q between the Q and Huron Road had also been used to host festivities, but perhaps I'm wrong. All of the images that I've found were taken in Gateway Plaza, located between the Q and Progressive Field.
images and plans are hard to read but there has been no mention of the plaza being eliminated nor, of course, any public backlash about it so let's hope the Q-Progressive Field plaza remains intact.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:23 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,540 times
45 Erieview office tower in downtown Cleveland, half empty, sells in off-market deal (photos) | cleveland.com

Old 12-24-2016, 09:59 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
Default Centric project on Mayfield Road to bridge University Circle and Little Italy

<<A financing deal closed this week for Centric, a $70-plus million investment that will add 272 apartments, 27,000 square feet of commercial space, a 360-space parking garage and two-thirds of an acre of public green space to the city's arts, educational and medical district.>>

Centric project in University Circle finally gets moving, with 272 apartments planned (photos) | cleveland.com

Old 12-29-2016, 09:43 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,669,482 times
Any news or updates on nuCLEus project? I know original estimates were for it to be opened sometime in 2017, but that seems unlikely now unless I've missed something. One of the big differences I've noticed when looking at Downtown on Google Maps is that it appears there is restaurant and bar infill spouting further off from some of the existing corridors. I'd still say one of the big things we need with downtown is more continuity, but this is good progress IMO.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:20 AM

869 posts, read 1,277,803 times
Lorain Ave..reminds me a bit of what is happening/happened in Portland, OR.

http://www.crainscleveland.com/artic...oreUserAgent=1

Old 01-03-2017, 08:35 AM

378 posts, read 341,930 times
The Lorain developments are very encouraging.

Overall I think it makes sense for Lorain to be just as lucrative as Detroit Ave. The streetscape is pretty intact for most of the street's length and the EcoVillage, Lorain/65th intersection, and the Antiques District are good assets and will hopefully allow the revitalization to continue west out of Ohio City.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:39 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,669,482 times
Lorain Avenue does seem to have a lot happening, and it would be nice to see it almost being one strip of continuous urbanity, which is something Cleveland I don't think has out of downtown. A little bit like Carson Street in Pittsburgh, but obviously with more new buildings as the infill and hopefully some smart, PNW style New Urbanism like you said.

Edit: Meant Detroit, but yeah, Lorain is coming along well also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland