Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 10:55 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,239,063 times

Advertisements

My question is why doesn't Stark ever come through on any of these announcements...it's been several years now since Nucleus was announced and nothing has been even started there...he announced huge plans for the Warehouse District...and nothing materialized.

Will this actually be built or is it another dream?

Also what happened to the Weston Citymark development on the empty lots near Public Square...I thought the developers planned to have "Cranes in the sky" by the RNC? I know many things are happening...just not sure why these big ones aren't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2016, 07:07 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
My question is why doesn't Stark ever come through on any of these announcements...it's been several years now since Nucleus was announced and nothing has been even started there...he announced huge plans for the Warehouse District...and nothing materialized.

Also what happened to the Weston Citymark development on the empty lots near Public Square...I thought the developers planned to have "Cranes in the sky" by the RNC? I know many things are happening...just not sure why these big ones aren't?
Well, it hasn't been ''several years'' since nucleus was announced; late 2014 is not several years ago. Stark's previous Warehouse District plans were abandoned because an economic crisis aka a depression set-in by 2008 (a real estate/bank induced depression at that).

The Beacon at 515 Euclid should start by year's end given the nature of this project; it's going on top of a ready to build-upward parking garage.

nuCLEus better get going soon as Stark has Benesch law firm committed to a lease so hopefully things will start moving there.

The current plans for the Warehouse District should start moving soon as well given the demand for downtown living. The current plans call for 1,200 total apartments. Stark's previous plan was very retail-centric while the current Weston plan is much more housing-centric and is in a key location between the Flats and the Public Square.

I can see why though the city, developers, security the RNC didn't want cranes in the air, especially on Euclid Avenue and around the Q (nuCLEus site) given the congestion and security apparatus in place last week. There is no way that nuCLEus could have been a construction site last week.

I'm optimistic about these 3 projects (nuCLEus, WH District and Beacon). By the end of the RNC, a developer announced plans to purchase the tied-up-in-litigation building on Euclid (future 206 room LeMeridian hotel) and another one announced plans for a large retail project on the lakefront.

Regardless, Cleveland is hot right now.

Old 07-23-2016, 09:59 AM

237 posts, read 249,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post

Kamms is spot on. We would all love to have seen "cranes in the sky" for the RNC. Reality is protesters use these construction sites as a source of improvised weapons. It sounds ridiculous but it's the simple truth. I'm not saying we see construction on these developments start next week.. or that they even come to fruition for that matter. But trust there is a legitimate reason why until now they haven't.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:03 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF1129 View Post
Kamms is spot on. We would all love to have seen "cranes in the sky" for the RNC. Reality is protesters use these construction sites as a source of improvised weapons. It sounds ridiculous but it's the simple truth. I'm not saying we see construction on these developments start next week.. or that they even come to fruition for that matter. But trust there is a legitimate reason why until now they haven't.
...and the possibility of crashing a crane into or near the Q is not a pleasant thought. ''Cranes in the sky'' could have turned into cranes in the streets/sidewalks.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:23 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,141 times
Cleveland can grow if it meets rising demand for housing and keeps millennials in town: CSU study | cleveland.com

Old 07-29-2016, 08:48 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times
Default Crop Kitchen in Uptown closes

Has Cleveland developed a glut of restaurants?

Crop Kitchen in Uptown has closed | cleveland.com

Crop Kitchen had a lot of competition from Little Italy, L'Albatros and other University Circle eateries, but this is still something of a surprise to me. I enjoyed my visits there, and it seemed fairly busy.

I wonder what changed.

Old 08-05-2016, 02:07 PM

194 posts, read 191,247 times
IBM eyes new office building on Cleveland Clinic land, to house Explorys subsidiary | cleveland.com

Old 08-13-2016, 03:54 PM

Default Musuem of Natural History reinvention progress

With the dedication of the Shreckengost pachyderm statues on Friday, an early milestone in the Cleveland Museum of Art's $150 million expansion and renovation project was achieved.

Next up, the dedication of the new Ralph Perkins II Wildlife Center and Woods Garden on Aug. 26.

Schreckengost pachyderm sculptures formally unveiled at Cleveland Museum of Natural History (photos) | cleveland.com

Old 08-13-2016, 04:23 PM

Default Feds help fund bike, pedestrian lakefront & river paths

To be completed by 2020, projects include the Wendy Park Bridge, the Whiskey Island Connector, the Canal Basin Connector, the Cleveland Lakefront Bikeway Connector and the Red Line Greenway.

<<The much-needed money will help fund discrete segments and structures needed to stitch together other, larger trail and recreational projects already under way after years of development and community support....

The upshot is that an alternative transportation network near the lakefront and the Cuyahoga River should be finished within the foreseeable future.

Smart planning led to $8 million Metroparks TIGER grant for waterfront trails (photos) | cleveland.com

This project should greatly benefit Ohio City and other near west side neighborhoods.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:51 AM

Default Crop closes East Flats operations

Perhaps cutting losses before the winter season? Likely the East Flats and Uptown are highly competitive districts. E.g., Uptown has to compete with the established eateries in Little Italy within walking distance. Certainly, the East Flats competes with the more convenient East 4th St.

Crop entertainment complex in Flats East Bank to close (photos) | cleveland.com

The question is still out about whether downtown can support 3 1/2 entertainment and dining districts -- Gateway, Warehouse District, PlayhouseSquare and the East Flats, to say nothing of the Market District, easily reached by rapid or bus from downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland