Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 06:36 PM

493 posts, read 640,001 times

Advertisements

If you actually learned how to read, I said that the main campus and Hillcrest get a lot more attention.

Hillcrest isn't a minor part of the Cleveland Clinic. If it were, it wouldn't be rated one of the top 100 best hospitals in the country, there wouldn't be over $100 million in renovations and expansions being done there, and celebrities and other famous people wouldn't go to Hillcrest whenever they needed surgery.

Even if doctors work at several locations, there's still a reason that a majority of them work at Hillcrest, whether it's part time or full time.

You might "work in the field", but I'm not sure if you're very familiar with The Cleveland Clinic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 09:27 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,130,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reretarff View Post
If you actually learned how to read, I said that the main campus and Hillcrest get a lot more attention.

Hillcrest isn't a minor part of the Cleveland Clinic. If it were, it wouldn't be rated one of the top 100 best hospitals in the country, there wouldn't be over $100 million in renovations and expansions being done there, and celebrities and other famous people wouldn't go to Hillcrest whenever they needed surgery.

Even if doctors work at several locations, there's still a reason that a majority of them work at Hillcrest, whether it's part time or full time.

You might "work in the field", but I'm not sure if you're very familiar with The Cleveland Clinic.
What gives you the idea that "too much" money is being invested in Hillcrest though? Whose to say what is too much for a private company to invest in something? Are you on their board of trustees or something *cough cough*?

Old 08-17-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
What gives you the idea that "too much" money is being invested in Hillcrest though? Whose to say what is too much for a private company to invest in something? Are you on their board of trustees or something *cough cough*?
Considering that Cleveland Clinic closed Huron Hospital for the reason that they couldn't afford to keep it open, and that other hospitals have services and departments that close because of a lack of money or for being moved to downtown or Hillcrest, or the fact that hospitals like Euclid or South Pointe aren't in the best shape while the downtown campus and Hillcrest get millions of dollars for unneeded renovations and expansions, makes it obvious that Hillcrest and the main campus get more attention.

I have several family members and friends who work/worked for The Cleveland Clinic, and I have lots of family and friends who live near hospitals like Euclid or what used to be Huron say that those hospitals are in bad shape.

Just out of curiosity, do you even use The Cleveland Clinic?

Old 08-17-2014, 01:01 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,130,432 times
Quote:
Considering that Cleveland Clinic closed Huron Hospital for the reason that they couldn't afford to keep it open, and that other hospitals have services and departments that close because of a lack of money or for being moved to downtown or Hillcrest, or the fact that hospitals like Euclid or South Pointe aren't in the best shape while the downtown campus and Hillcrest get millions of dollars for unneeded renovations and expansions, makes it obvious that Hillcrest and the main campus get more attention.

I have several family members and friends who work/worked for The Cleveland Clinic, and I have lots of family and friends who live near hospitals like Euclid or what used to be Huron say that those hospitals are in bad shape.

Just out of curiosity, do you even use The Cleveland Clinic?
While I agree with you somewhat about Huron Hospital (although they did build a health center there in it's place), you're wrong in saying that Euclid and South Pointe aren't in the best shape. Both of those hospitals, in fact, were recently fixed up and/or remodeled. Obviously you're not in Warrensville Heights as much as you claim, or you would have seen the scaffolding that was on South Pointe for 2+ years. The Clinic and OU recently invested a combined total of $36 million in that hospital.

"OU will spend $36 million, which includes renovating a building on the South Pointe Hospital campus and hiring faculty and staff. The Clinic's contribution of $13 million includes the building renovations as well as medical education support. The Brentwood Foundation, a nonprofit, private foundation that advances osteopathic medicine, is providing a $5 million grant to South Pointe Hospital and $6 million to graduate medical education."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...en_medica.html
And Euclid hospital has seen a lot of improvements as well:

"Over the past five years the Clinic has invested $18 million to renovate the emergency department, add an ultrasound unit and update infrastructure such as elevators and plumbing. The community hospital is now a destination for Clinic patients seeking specialty orthopedic and rehabilitation care."

Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals' plans in Euclid could affect access to medical care | cleveland.com

Many of the CC hospitals have seen renovation lately, not just the Main Campus and Hillcrest. Again, Reretarff, you continue to make baseless claims based on opinions and anecdotes, not facts. I've asked you to do a little research before you post, but you've refused, so you will continue to look foolish on this board.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:36 AM

185 posts, read 248,143 times
I'm surprised rere is allowed to use a keyboard. Is there a way to block his/her posts? I'm losing more and more faith in humanity every time I have to read rere's pointless, off-base drivel.

Old 08-18-2014, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
While I agree with you somewhat about Huron Hospital (although they did build a health center there in it's place), you're wrong in saying that Euclid and South Pointe aren't in the best shape. Both of those hospitals, in fact, were recently fixed up and/or remodeled. Obviously you're not in Warrensville Heights as much as you claim, or you would have seen the scaffolding that was on South Pointe for 2+ years. The Clinic and OU recently invested a combined total of $36 million in that hospital.

"OU will spend $36 million, which includes renovating a building on the South Pointe Hospital campus and hiring faculty and staff. The Clinic's contribution of $13 million includes the building renovations as well as medical education support. The Brentwood Foundation, a nonprofit, private foundation that advances osteopathic medicine, is providing a $5 million grant to South Pointe Hospital and $6 million to graduate medical education."

Ohio University to open medical school at Cleveland Clinic's South Pointe Hospital | cleveland.com
And Euclid hospital has seen a lot of improvements as well:

"Over the past five years the Clinic has invested $18 million to renovate the emergency department, add an ultrasound unit and update infrastructure such as elevators and plumbing. The community hospital is now a destination for Clinic patients seeking specialty orthopedic and rehabilitation care."

Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals' plans in Euclid could affect access to medical care | cleveland.com

Many of the CC hospitals have seen renovation lately, not just the Main Campus and Hillcrest. Again, Reretarff, you continue to make baseless claims based on opinions and anecdotes, not facts. I've asked you to do a little research before you post, but you've refused, so you will continue to look foolish on this board.
My mom has worked at Euclid for almost 20 years, and I was just there on Monday. The hospital is alright, but could be in better shape. Hillcrest is in a lot better shape. And $18,000 for the one renovation for the next 10 years or more isn't as much as Hillcrest getting $100 Million+ for renovations, and expansions, which Euclid hasn't had any of in the past 10 years.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:50 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,179,487 times
Quote:

No, not at all. I practically lived there for over a year, but I don't know anything about it. Clearly not as much as a sheltered Solonite.

When CCF acquired Hillcrest (and the rest of the Meridia system), they kept the status quo for nearly a decade. The modification and expansion has only been done recently. And, if you knew anything about Hillcrest other than it got a new bed tower and a couple of ORs, you would know that it was a largely outdated, 40+ year old hospital in dire need of renovation until very recently. CCF put money into it because its choices were to either update it or close it (similar to Huron). It is a good hospital, but it is a regional satellite hospital of which there are many. And, the main campus is the focal point which dwarfs them all. As for your assertion that "celebrities and other famous people" somehow make Hillcrest their choice, that is just blatantly false. They go to CCF, period. Their surgery is handled wherever the OR is available and equipped. It could just as easily happen at Fairview or Southpointe. But, more often than not, it will occur at the main campus. It will depend on the type and severity of the surgery itself.

Also, I know you have a hard time leaving Solon, but look around a little. You'll see that they're putting money into lots of areas around the community. Hillcrest is a small part of it.

Btw, I find your attempt at derision to be amusing. Kind of like the pontifications of the village idiot.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:20 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,244,793 times
Quote:
Cleveland Clinic isn't doing as well as they say on the news. A lot of the money goes to Hillcrest Hospital, more than should be anyways.
LOL...the nation's best hospital system isnt' doing well .

They must be doing something right...committing over $300 million to the new cancer center and a new parking deck...being ranked #1 or #2 every year.

As for this, I like the look of UC's Siedeman Cancer Center better...wish they could renovate the art deco building there instead but oh well...wonder what they'll do w/ the current Taussig Cancer Center then and will they keep the name or change it...UH changed theres as it was originally known as the Ireland Cancer Center...I guess Siedeman must have donated more money lol.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:10 AM

63 posts, read 83,519 times
Do anyone out there have video of rickshaw's in the Flats in the late 80's,early 90's

Old 09-05-2014, 11:48 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,536,886 times
Quote:
My mom has worked at Euclid for almost 20 years, and I was just there on Monday. The hospital is alright, but could be in better shape. Hillcrest is in a lot better shape. And $18,000 for the one renovation for the next 10 years or more isn't as much as Hillcrest getting $100 Million+ for renovations, and expansions, which Euclid hasn't had any of in the past 10 years.
Euclid....don't even get me started on that city...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland