Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 AM

17 posts, read 33,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magalirecar View Post
rsssss.... we speek portuguese!!!!

But thanks!!!!

OBRIGADA!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na zdrowie View Post
When you get to Cleveland make sure to check out Sergio's in University Circle and Sarava in Shaker Square. The chef/owner of both is from Brazil - the food isn't strictly Brazilian, more of a mix, but is excellent and the places are lot of fun. University Circle and Shaker Square are both neighborhoods in Cleveland close to the Clinic.
Here's the website:
Sergio's Restaurant, SARAVA, Brazilian, Italian, Seafood, Steaks, small plates, cross-cultural, cocktails, bar, patio, live music, University Circle, Shaker Square, Cleveland

By the way, there are areas in both of those neighborhoods that you might want to consider in looking for your house. Plus no dog limit in Cleveland!

Magnolia-Wade Park Historic District: This consists of a couple blocks of houses on the north end of University Circle (between Ashbury and Magnolia). The neighborhood is within a couple minutes walk of Case Western Reserve University, many of Cleveland's museums and cultural institutions, Rockefeller Park (walking paths, tennis courts, cultural gardens), the Cleveland Botanical Garden, Severance Hall (where the Cleveland orchestra plays), some great restaurants (including Sergio's) and much more. You could actually walk to the Clinic if you wanted to.

Ludlow and Larchmere: These neighborhoods are south (Ludlow) and west (Larchmere) of Shaker Square and are both split between Cleveland and Shaker Heights, although Larchmere is mostly Cleveland. They're both within walking distance to Shaker Square with its shops and restaurants and the Rapid (train) lines that go west to downtown Cleveland and the west side and east to Shaker Heights. There's also a bus route from Shaker Square to the Clinic. The neighborhoods are close to the Shaker Lakes park system with its running paths, lakes, and nature center. Larchmere also has its own restaurants, cafes, and shops (along Larchmere Blvd.).

I found some links to help give you an idea of where these are:
University Circle : Find Yourself in the Circle
Shaker Square in Cleveland, Ohio - welcome
Ludlow Community Association
Larchmere - Cleveland's art and antiques district

Anyway, just a thought given your dog issue in Cleveland Heights.

Thank you so much!!!!
I'll look this places!!! I've heard about Sergio's restaurant, I'll definitely wanna go there and check the food!!!!

Also, I hope you guys could help me. There is a house in Cleveland that sounds me interesting. The house is in " E 81st St, Cleveland, OH 44105". Is this neighborhood safe? Is only 10 min to Cleveland Clinic!!!! The price of the rent is great and also have everything I need.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much!!!!
I'll look this places!!! I've heard about Sergio's restaurant, I'll definitely wanna go there and check the food!!!!

Also, I hope you guys could help me. There is a house in Cleveland that sounds me interesting. The house is in " E 81st St, Cleveland, OH 44105". Is this neighborhood safe? Is only 10 min to Cleveland Clinic!!!! The price of the rent is great and also have everything I need.

I gave up about that house... the landlord (is he is really the landlord) told me that the rental is 675K with all the utilities included... this is not right.... something is definitely wrong about this... and he ask me to send money prior signing the contract.. aff....

Should be that hard find someone who we can trust?

I'm thankfull to have you guys to help me!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,137 times
Default Cleveland Heights

My neighborhood is very pet friendly. Look at my listing at Howard Hanna. Ernie Cahoon is the realtor. 1546 Oakwood Drive 15 minute drive to the Clinic's main campus.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:26 PM

73 posts, read 172,017 times
Quote:
I gave up about that house... the landlord (is he is really the landlord) told me that the rental is 675K with all the utilities included... this is not right.... something is definitely wrong about this... and he ask me to send money prior signing the contract.. aff....

Should be that hard find someone who we can trust?
No it shouldn't, just make sure you don't send money without signing a lease. It's customary as you might know for landlords here to ask for a deposit equal to a month's rent upfront. (In other states or cities it can be common to ask for a month or more rent to be prepaid on top of the deposit.) Just make sure the terms are clearly noted in the lease. Also, most good landlords will ask for some kind of reference or will conduct a credit check on future tenants.

Something to keep in mind if looking close to the Clinic - there's a wide range of housing/neighborhoods nearby - both in Cleveland and the bordering suburbs. There are some very nice neighborhoods nearby and some rough areas too. Since you mentioned the dog problem in Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights, the areas I listed before are some possibilities for houses inside Cleveland that are close to the Clinic and within walking distance of restaurants, shopping, public transportation, parks, and more. You might also be able to find an entire house for rent in Little Italy (another Cleveland neighborhood near the Clinic) but this is probably going to be alot harder.

Are you and your husband going to have a chance to visit and look around before signing a lease?

Old 03-04-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na zdrowie View Post
No it shouldn't, just make sure you don't send money without signing a lease. It's customary as you might know for landlords here to ask for a deposit equal to a month's rent upfront. (In other states or cities it can be common to ask for a month or more rent to be prepaid on top of the deposit.) Just make sure the terms are clearly noted in the lease. Also, most good landlords will ask for some kind of reference or will conduct a credit check on future tenants.

Something to keep in mind if looking close to the Clinic - there's a wide range of housing/neighborhoods nearby - both in Cleveland and the bordering suburbs. There are some very nice neighborhoods nearby and some rough areas too. Since you mentioned the dog problem in Cleveland Heights and Shaker Heights, the areas I listed before are some possibilities for houses inside Cleveland that are close to the Clinic and within walking distance of restaurants, shopping, public transportation, parks, and more. You might also be able to find an entire house for rent in Little Italy (another Cleveland neighborhood near the Clinic) but this is probably going to be alot harder.

Are you and your husband going to have a chance to visit and look around before signing a lease?

Well, I don't think we could visit the city before we move, because he is working 24/7 right now and the only free week that he will have would be the last one of June (when we are planning to move to Cleveland, since he is starting his fellowship in July 1st)....

I've been looking for houses in Little Italy, but nothing came out till now....

Old 03-04-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seller1546 View Post
My neighborhood is very pet friendly. Look at my listing at Howard Hanna. Ernie Cahoon is the realtor. 1546 Oakwood Drive 15 minute drive to the Clinic's main campus.

UAU!!! Your house is stunning!!! The view is wonderful!!
Although, we are looking for a rental, buy a house is not an option right now....

Old 07-06-2011, 01:31 PM

9 posts, read 15,855 times
I just wanted to check in on this thread to see what ended up happening with the move.

My husband and I are looking to move to the east side of Cleveland soon and I have been noticing a lot of regulations on dogs, only having two in a house. We have three, two little, and a medium size. I am concerned about the dog issue because we also have a cat and my mother, who will be moving in with us, has a cat as well.

Any more information would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows how strict say, Cleveland Heights or Shaker Heights is on the pets. We are focusing more on that area because we love the old houses and yes it has to be east side because of my grandparents and mother and other family.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksovich View Post
I just wanted to check in on this thread to see what ended up happening with the move.

My husband and I are looking to move to the east side of Cleveland soon and I have been noticing a lot of regulations on dogs, only having two in a house. We have three, two little, and a medium size. I am concerned about the dog issue because we also have a cat and my mother, who will be moving in with us, has a cat as well.

Any more information would be greatly appreciated if anyone knows how strict say, Cleveland Heights or Shaker Heights is on the pets. We are focusing more on that area because we love the old houses and yes it has to be east side because of my grandparents and mother and other family.

hi!!!

We just moved last week to Lyndhurst, it's a great place for dogs, in my street almost every family has 2 dogs, i also saw one house with 3 litle dogs.
I've been looking for any restrictiona regarding the number of dogs in Lyndhurst and I didnt find anything. I also asked my landlord and she said she doesn't know anything about it. But I have to say that that is a women who told me about an existing regulation in the city, but I think if this realy exist, should be on the city web site regulation.
So, i don't believe we'll be having some problems in the future (at least, I hope not!!)

Regarding Cleveland Heights ans Shaker Heights, you should not move there. This 2 cities have clear regulation about number of pets. Look at the web site city.

In my search I found South Euclid, Mayfiel Heights, University Heigts, Cleveland, as cities where do not say anything regarding the number of pets per family.

I hope this information help you!!!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:57 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,833 times
Default Just Saying

The part of Woodland Avenue that is now known as Larchmere was my childhood neighborhood , way back ( well maybe not that long ago) but
I did see Captain Penny every Christmas for years at Shaker Square
The name changed happened when Friends of Shaker Square Organation
begain , It's great to see the old hood comeback so strong!
Still no Halle's Bros. Department store , anyone know what is in that
building? Tommy's Records very important to the rock scene .
I can say it is a very walkable area.

[quote=Na zdrowie;18078394]. Plus no dog limit in Cleveland!

although Larchmere is mostly Cleveland. They're both within walking distance to Shaker Square with its shops and restaurants and the Rapid (train) lines that go west to downtown Cleveland and the west side and east to Shaker Heights. There's also a bus route from Shaker Square to the Clinic. The neighborhoods are close to the Shaker Lakes park system with its running paths, lakes, and nature center. Larchmere also has its own restaurants, cafes, and shops (along Larchmere Blvd.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland