Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 12:53 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Unless jerey has an active studio, ppl can still go to. Than the whole fiml thing is mute. Queens created films back in the day,the silent era, and continues till this day. Making it more relevant to 2010
Huh????????
It's NOT mute. You refuse to give Jersey credit where credit is due. That is all NJ ever asks for. That is what is annoying about NY types who are quite vanilla & feel the need to be Rah Rah. We leave the self indulgent insecurities for the lame NY'ers who use their zip code as a crutch. It is your little personality blanket. It's also straight comedy. NJ does not care. You have to go further out of town for that to mean anything. We just laugh at you when you get on that BS.
Be serious.......................

KONY is still mad Jersey dudes said they don't care about the Bronx. Which is true............ NJ does not take a shower, get dressed on a Friday night with the intention of hitting up the Damn Bronx (or Queens, Def not Staten Island).
We use Manhattan & then go home. Simple.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:03 AM

14 posts, read 11,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Huh????????
It's NOT mute. You refuse to give Jersey credit where credit is due. That is all NJ ever asks for. That is what is annoying about NY types who are quite vanilla & feel the need to be Rah Rah. We leave the self indulgent insecurities for the lame NY'ers who use their zip code as a crutch. It is your little personality blanket. It's also straight comedy. NJ does not care. You have to go further out of town for that to mean anything. We just laugh at you when you get on that BS.

KONY is still mad Jersey dudes said they don't care about the Bronx. Which is true............ NJ does not take a shower, get dressed on a Friday night with the intention of hitting up the Damn Bronx (or Queens, Def not Staten Island).
Yeah, that's because you are just a weekend New Yorker. Actual New Yorkers know that true Italian dining is in the Bronx, real oriental food in Flushing and Williamsburg is the place to have fun... I have friends all over the city and there is no part I have never been to... C'mon, after all Shea and tennis US Open are in Queens, Yankees and the Zoo are in the Bronx.
If you never set foot outside of Manhattan you are like those transplants from Ohio or Texas tourists who believe New York ends at East River.
Manhattan is full of tourist attractions and that's exactly why I avoid it on the weekend as much as I can. I don't want to stand in long lines for anything... You simply have no idea how much is going on in the boros. If anything this thread proved it.

Last edited by nofunintrolling; 01-04-2010 at 01:12 AM..

Old 01-04-2010, 01:09 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
Huh????????

Na we dont use it as a crutch(like your entire state does NY), its in us,in our soul. Only ppl who think like that are people that come from cities where nothing is popping. Thats there defense mechanism against people that do come from places that pop. Nj laughing at ny Is in itself laughable.

Now jerseyans trying to clown any part of NYC including staten island. Is the real thing thats laughable. You see jersey plates hard in every borough. I see them in my neighborhood ,in the bronx, all the time. I see them at fordham,the bx zoo,yankee stadium,grandconcourse etc. So ya do hit up the bronx,aswell as brooklyn and the others.

The whole purpose of this thread was to show that the boroughs were more relevent,thus its laughable for jerseyans to try and diss them.Tommyc compared the bronx to the whole northern nj. Safe to say this ones a lil more even

Old 01-04-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofunintrolling View Post
you are like those transplants from Ohio or Texas tourists who believe New York ends at East River.
Nah....................... I've been everywhere in the tri state, many, many, many times over, when I have a reason to be. Friends who live all over the outer boroughs, Philly, Conn, upstate, ect.
Other than that, I don't care.
I can get quality Italian food in NJ, you understand?
Sorry, I'm just not enthralled with you.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
You see jersey plates hard in every borough. I see them in my neighborhood ,in the bronx, all the time. I see them at fordham,the bx zoo,yankee stadium,grandconcourse etc. So ya do hit up the bronx,aswell as brooklyn and the others.
Likewise............................ NYC be crawling all over North Jersey. Yall dudes be every damn where.
Taking up parking spots from Jersey City to Hackensack!
Every back street & highway, NYC loves Jerz.
NY'ers claim to hate malls & all of that, but fill the Garden St Plaza, Bergen Mall, Paramus Park like they are about to close (Hippocrates). Every weekend. NY plates on the turnpike. NY plates on 21, 4, 17, 80, 46, on the back streets of Edgewater, Teaneck, Irvington, Paterson, Englewood, Newark, North Bergen, Harrison, ect, ect.
It's hilarious how much you claim to hate Jersey, but be out here so much.
Ehhh............................. You tell me.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Nah....................... I've been everywhere in the tri state, many, many, many times over, when I have a reason to be. Friends who live all over the outer boroughs, Philly, Conn, upstate, ect.
Other than that, I don't care.
I can get quality Italian food in NJ, you understand?
Sorry, I'm just not enthralled with you.

Sure, sure.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Likewise............................ NYC be crawling all over North Jersey. Yall dudes be every damn where.
NY'ers claim to hate malls & all of that, but fill the Garden St Plaza, Bergen Mall, Paramus Park like they are about to close (Hippocrates). Every weekend. NY plates on the turnpike. NY plates on 21, 4, 17, 80, 46, on the back streets of Edgewater, Teaneck, Irvington, Paterson, Englewood, Newark, North Bergen, Harrison, ect, ect.
Well we do gotta get through jersey to get anywhere else in the states

Old 01-04-2010, 01:56 AM

Quote:
I noticed that, too. Since NJ car insurance rates went up there are a lot of people in Jersey driving cars with NY plates. Don't fool yourself there is no good reason for us to come to Newark, Harrison or Hackensack. The malls are a different story. And we don't hate New Jersey, we just think it is damn boring.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Well we do gotta get through jersey to get anywhere else in the states
YHEA!
You are officially C-D's resident NY lame. For real, I'm being serious. I'm asking a real question.
My dude...................... Be honest for one second. Is that your response to my notion that most / if not all, extra PROVINCIAL NY'ers are dry, bland, extra boring, vanilla, try wayyyy to hard, have zero personality types who rely on their zip code for "cool points"?
I'm truly pondering why I should respond to you at this point.

Are you REALLY tying to ride for Staten Island. *chuckle*.
Now I know you are stuck on stupid.
Take a step back & think about what you are doing.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
YHEA!
You are officially C-D's resident NY lame. For real, I'm being serious. I'm asking a real question.
My dude...................... Be honest for one second. Is that your response to my notion that most / if not all, extra PROVINCIAL NY'ers are dry, bland, extra boring, vanilla, try wayyyy to hard, have zero personality types who rely on their zip code for "cool points"?
I'm truly pondering why I should respond to you at this point.

Are you REALLY tying to ride for Staten Island. *chuckle*.
Now I know you are stuck on stupid.
Take a step back & think about what you are doing.
Staten island is a part of newyork ?no?

Whos the bad guy? you claim jerseyans could careless about anywhere in the city not named manhattan. Yet new yorkers are supposedly all over these jersey towns ive never even heard of. Come on my dude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City