Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Metro has the Best Shopping?
New York Metropolitan Area 81 54.36%
Los Angeles Metropolitan Area 30 20.13%
Chicago Metropolitan Area 12 8.05%
Other 26 17.45%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
NY metro of course. NYC is a trendsetter. So many types of superb clothes can be found at NYC.
Actually most major cities and even minor cities are fashionable today. No city really has a unique style lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 02:41 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,008,520 times
Strongly disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Actually most major cities and even minor cities are fashionable today. No city really has a unique style lately.

Old 08-15-2009, 02:48 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I disagree. Then why is it millions and millions of people come to NYC to buy clothes? Also, Why the fashion of "I love NY" was adapted in the other states? For example, I saw people wearing t shirts of "I love Atl", "I love SF", why? This was a part of the fashion style that was in NYC, then other states adapted it. Lastly, there are more fashion trends that are from NYC that other people adapt.

Also when New Yorkers are out of town they are easily spotted by the way they dress. So no city really has a unique style lately? I disagree.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:31 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Of course I do, and I think that Dallas has a larger amount of upscale stores than Atlanta. Maybe I should name some....
Here are some.........Texas Flagship Barneys New York,Gucci,Neiman Marcus,Saks Fifth Avenue,Ed Hardy,Diesel,Coach,Tiffiany & Co,Burberry,7 for all Mankind,Donney & Bourke,MaxMara,Giorgio Armani,Anthropologie,Kenneth Cole,Oscar de la Renta,Baliey Banks & Biddle,Luis Vuitton,David Yurman,Cole Haan,Kate Spade,Tod's,De Berrs,Hugo Boss,Billy Reid,Versace,Valentino,Gregory's, and Cartier. These are just some of the high-end stores.

Old 08-15-2009, 06:36 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,008,520 times
You need do more research. Atlanta has most of the stores you mentioned. You honestly think a city deemed excellent in shopping doesn't have a Coach store? Come on, every mall in US has that. Even Gainesville, FL has that. When I said you didn't keep good track of Atlanta, I expected you to know better. Gucci, Burberry, Neiman Marcus, Saks, Ed Hardy, Diesel etc.. Atlanta has them and I've been to them. I don't know how you came to the list but the safest way to check is go to the brand's website and use store locators. At least you should check the two most famous malls in Atlanta, Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza.

Edit: On another note, I saw you are not the same person who said he'll name some store present in Dallas but not in Atlanta and he kept good track of Atlanta stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Here are some.........Texas Flagship Barneys New York,Gucci,Neiman Marcus,Saks Fifth Avenue,Ed Hardy,Diesel,Coach,Tiffiany & Co,Burberry,7 for all Mankind,Donney & Bourke,MaxMara,Giorgio Armani,Anthropologie,Kenneth Cole,Oscar de la Renta,Baliey Banks & Biddle,Luis Vuitton,David Yurman,Cole Haan,Kate Spade,Tod's,De Berrs,Hugo Boss,Billy Reid,Versace,Valentino,Gregory's, and Cartier. These are just some of the high-end stores.

Last edited by fashionguy; 08-15-2009 at 06:56 AM..

Old 08-15-2009, 07:30 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
I disagree. Then why is it millions and millions of people come to NYC to buy clothes? Also, Why the fashion of "I love NY" was adapted in the other states? For example, I saw people wearing t shirts of "I love Atl", "I love SF", why? This was a part of the fashion style that was in NYC, then other states adapted it. Lastly, there are more fashion trends that are from NYC that other people adapt.

Also when New Yorkers are out of town they are easily spotted by the way they dress. So no city really has a unique style lately? I disagree.
Yeah well I see no other city dressing dramatically different than any other city.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:47 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,833,569 times
Quote:

Although I hate contributing to the swelling head of some New Yorkers, I unfortunately have to agree the rican. New York is the primary outlet for American fashion and retail. Many if not most urban trends started up there.

But don't for one second think that y'all got the market cornered on looking good, because there are some serious fashion plates in other metros that would give a NYer a run fo' dey money.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:48 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Atlanta has most of those stores that you have listed with the exception of only four stores.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:59 AM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Atlanta has most of those stores that you have listed with the exception of only four stores.
All of these except Saks Fifth Avenue are at Northpark Center there were more stores but I got tired of typing.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:03 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,833,569 times
Quote:
Well I know that Atlanta only has one Neiman Marcus and I think Dallas got 2 or 3 of them. Dallas also has Barneys New York which is a MAJOR high end department store. Neither Houston or Atlanta has one. This is a store that will only be found in the top fashion cities. I don't even think Chicago has one (don't quote me on that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City