Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2022, 03:29 PM

9,788 posts, read 9,644,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
San Francisco, by far, for me. San Francisco is iconic, and is only going taller and becoming more dense over time.

Vancouver has a phenomenal skyline as well, and their density is absolutely impressive. Exciting to watch this one too, but it is a notch below San Fran, in my opinion.

Vancouver, BC or Dallas, TX?
Vancouver. Dallas looks small for its size. Also, the building architecture is not everyone's cup of tea. Vancouver has better scenery as well.

Portland, OR or Austin, TX?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2022, 09:25 PM

4,034 posts, read 2,342,077 times
Quote:
San Francisco, by far, for me. San Francisco is iconic, and is only going taller and becoming more dense over time.

Vancouver has a phenomenal skyline as well, and their density is absolutely impressive. Exciting to watch this one too, but it is a notch below San Fran, in my opinion.

Vancouver, BC or Dallas, TX?
Vancouver. The sheer amount of buildings alone. Just repetitive architecture. Continuing with the theme what about Honolulu or Vancouver?

Old 04-04-2022, 07:02 AM

10,273 posts, read 14,760,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Vancouver. Dallas looks small for its size. Also, the building architecture is not everyone's cup of tea. Vancouver has better scenery as well.

Portland, OR or Austin, TX?
Austin, TX has the more dynamic and overall larger skyline with many more buildings. I do like Portland's overall aesthetic though, and its surroundings much better.

I'd give Austin the edge, though, overall.

Cincinnati or Nashville?

Old 04-04-2022, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Austin, TX has the more dynamic and overall larger skyline with many more buildings. I do like Portland's overall aesthetic though, and its surroundings much better.

I'd give Austin the edge, though, overall.

Cincinnati or Nashville?
I like both but Nashville looks bigger and still a lot more buildings on the drawing board. Honolulu or Vancouver?

Old 04-13-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I like both but Nashville looks bigger and still a lot more buildings on the drawing board. Honolulu or Vancouver?
I'd go with Vancouver with this match-up. Both have terrific density and are in beautifully gorgeous geographic locations.

But Vancouver seems to have a "tighter" skyline, with a bit more height, overall.

Nashville or Cleveland?

Old 04-13-2022, 10:00 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,015,734 times
Cleveland, since its buildings win at street level and have a bigger variety of architectural eras/styles, as well as a Great Lake fronting it. (See previous posts in this thread, of which there are at least three for more details).

Hollywood or Westwood? (Both in L.A.)

Old 04-13-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borntoolate85 View Post
Cleveland, since its buildings win at street level and have a bigger variety of architectural eras/styles, as well as a Great Lake fronting it. (See previous posts in this thread, of which there are at least three for more details).

Hollywood or Westwood? (Both in L.A.)
I'm gonna go with Westwood. Taller towers, more sleek. Hollywood's skyline has grown though, and is looking better and better.

Long Island City, Queens or downtown Brooklyn?

Old 04-13-2022, 08:40 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna go with Westwood. Taller towers, more sleek. Hollywood's skyline has grown though, and is looking better and better.

Long Island City, Queens or downtown Brooklyn?
Downtown Brooklyn. More towers although Long Island City doesn't look bad. Phoenix or Tampa?

Old 04-13-2022, 09:16 PM

9,788 posts, read 9,644,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Downtown Brooklyn. More towers although Long Island City doesn't look bad. Phoenix or Tampa?
Phoenix but Tampa is catching up. Phoenix has nice height but could use more distinctive architecture.

Nashville, TN or Oakland, CA?

Old 04-13-2022, 09:39 PM

474 posts, read 542,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Phoenix but Tampa is catching up. Phoenix has nice height but could use more distinctive architecture.

Nashville, TN or Oakland, CA?
On municipalities alone I’m inclined to go with Nashville. It has the more iconic building out of the bunch (the AT&T / “Batman” Building). That said Oakland wins points for a greater variety of vantage points - you have the skyline from the Bay, from Lake Merritt, or in the hills looking down. The latter is a killer view especially with SF across the water in the background - though perhaps for the sake of this exercise we’re assuming anything past Oakland is just white space.

Grand Rapids or Lansing, MI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City