Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2022, 07:44 AM

10,273 posts, read 14,760,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Seattle for me. I think it has passed Boston. Seattle's skyline has grown nicely. I cannot wait to what it will look like in a few years.

Phoenix, AZ or Charlotte, NC?
Definitely Charlotte here. Phoenix has a ways to go with both infill and height. They have started building some taller towers downtown, but definitely have a smaller skyline for a metro of 5 million.

Phoenix or Indianapolis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 06:10 PM

4,034 posts, read 2,342,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Definitely Charlotte here. Phoenix has a ways to go with both infill and height. They have started building some taller towers downtown, but definitely have a smaller skyline for a metro of 5 million.

Phoenix or Indianapolis?
Indianapolis in my opinion. Taller buildings and more dense. Ft. Wayne IN or Evansville IN?

Old 02-17-2022, 06:39 PM

9,788 posts, read 9,644,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Indianapolis in my opinion. Taller buildings and more dense. Ft. Wayne IN or Evansville IN?
Ft. Wayne is more attractive. They appear to be building more, so it might get some new towers. Evansville is just starting to gentrify.

Minneapolis, MN or Dallas, TX?

Old 02-18-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Ft. Wayne is more attractive. They appear to be building more, so it might get some new towers. Evansville is just starting to gentrify.

Minneapolis, MN or Dallas, TX?
Dallas barely edges Minneapolis for me. It has a more interesting skyline, overall, in terms aesthetics.

Louisville, KY or Hartford, CT?

Old 02-18-2022, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Dallas barely edges Minneapolis for me. It has a more interesting skyline, overall, in terms aesthetics.

Louisville, KY or Hartford, CT?
Both are beautiful at night. Louisville wins for me due to greater architectural variety and drama approaching and leaving the skyline. Like Cincinnati, the skyline has great balance and appears to be bigger than it really is.

Birmingham, AL or Des Moines, IA?

Old 02-20-2022, 09:43 PM

4,034 posts, read 2,342,077 times
Quote:
Both are beautiful at night. Louisville wins for me due to greater architectural variety and drama approaching and leaving the skyline. Like Cincinnati, the skyline has great balance and appears to be bigger than it really is.

Birmingham, AL or Des Moines, IA?
I like Des Moines better. Midland TX or Wichita KS?

Old 02-21-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I like Des Moines better. Midland TX or Wichita KS?
Midland. Another underrated skyline. I like it better because it has better architecture and neater layout.

Kansas City, MO or Baltimore, MD?

Old 02-21-2022, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Midland. Another underrated skyline. I like it better because it has better architecture and neater layout.

Kansas City, MO or Baltimore, MD?
I like Baltimore for its density but Kansas City for its architecture, a bit more.

So my slight favor goes to Kansas City--just slightly though.

Kansas City or Nashville?

Old 02-27-2022, 07:38 PM

3,560 posts, read 3,504,509 times
Quote:
I like Baltimore for its density but Kansas City for its architecture, a bit more.

So my slight favor goes to Kansas City--just slightly though.

Kansas City or Nashville?
I'm sure some Nashville boosters might hate me for this answer(but I don't care), but I like Kansas City's skyline a little better. The only problem with a lot of the new buildings going up in Nashville, is that too many of the buildings are more glassy looking than I prefer. And Kansas City has a mix of old buildings and new buildings, that I personally like better. If some like the style of buildings in Nashville more, fine with me. But that isn't the opinion I hold.

Now to compare 2 cities that are rarely brought up, in this thread. First one is very infrequently brought up, but I can't remember the last time the latter city was brought up: Wichita, KS, or Billings, MT?

Old 02-27-2022, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'm sure some Nashville boosters might hate me for this answer(but I don't care), but I like Kansas City's skyline a little better. The only problem with a lot of the new buildings going up in Nashville, is that too many of the buildings are more glassy looking than I prefer. And Kansas City has a mix of old buildings and new buildings, that I personally like better. If some like the style of buildings in Nashville more, fine with me. But that isn't the opinion I hold.

Now to compare 2 cities that are rarely brought up, in this thread. First one is very infrequently brought up, but I can't remember the last time the latter city was brought up: Wichita, KS, or Billings, MT?
Wichita is nicer and has a better layout. I like the bridge going into downtown.

Tacoma, WA or El Paso, TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City