Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2021, 09:14 AM

3,560 posts, read 3,499,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar80 View Post
Knoxville's skyline is more developed and has a golden disco ball.

Lexington, KY or Peoria, IL?
Peoria has a slightly more established and memorable skyline(even though I worry about Peoria's long term trajectory, and hope they don't ever pull an Evansville and tear down any of their highrises), so I'll pick that one. Lexington could use a few more highrises, to make its downtown skyline stand out a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Lexington, KY or Raleigh, NC?
Of these 2, I'll go with Raleigh. Lexington is fine for a smaller city, but it isn't on the level of Raleigh.

Kansas City, MO, or Columbus, OH?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2021, 10:00 AM

9,784 posts, read 9,632,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Peoria has a slightly more established and memorable skyline(even though I worry about Peoria's long term trajectory, and hope they don't ever pull an Evansville and tear down any of their highrises), so I'll pick that one. Lexington could use a few more highrises, to make its downtown skyline stand out a little more.

Of these 2, I'll go with Raleigh. Lexington is fine for a smaller city, but it isn't on the level of Raleigh.

Kansas City, MO, or Columbus, OH?
Kansas City due to having less gaps and a more complete skyline. The architecture of both is about even.

Providence, RI or Sacramento, CA?

Old 12-27-2021, 08:29 AM

10,274 posts, read 14,746,440 times
Quote:
Kansas City due to having less gaps and a more complete skyline. The architecture of both is about even.

Providence, RI or Sacramento, CA?
Providence is more interesting overall to me, but Sacramento is more dense, has more skyscrapers and looks bigger.

Greenville, SC or Asheville, NC?

Old 12-27-2021, 11:50 AM

4,029 posts, read 2,336,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Providence is more interesting overall to me, but Sacramento is more dense, has more skyscrapers and looks bigger.

Greenville, SC or Asheville, NC?
Greenville. Looks more dense to me. Wichita KS or Springfield MO?

Old 12-27-2021, 09:51 PM

374 posts, read 265,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Greenville. Looks more dense to me. Wichita KS or Springfield MO?

I really like Springfield's tallest building but otherwise it doesn't really have much of a skyline. Plus the tallest building in Wichita (and all of Kansas) is called the Epic Building and so that makes Wichita the winner by default here in my books. The view of Wichita along the river is also actually really nice.

Might be cheating with this one but which Springfield has the best skyline? Missouri, Ohio, Illinois, or Massachusetts?

Old 12-27-2021, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith32 View Post
I really like Springfield's tallest building but otherwise it doesn't really have much of a skyline. Plus the tallest building in Wichita (and all of Kansas) is called the Epic Building and so that makes Wichita the winner by default here in my books. The view of Wichita along the river is also actually really nice.

Might be cheating with this one but which Springfield has the best skyline? Missouri, Ohio, Illinois, or Massachusetts?
Springfield, MA looks the most urban. The architecture is also better.

Tampa, FL or Buffalo, NY?

Old 12-30-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Springfield, MA looks the most urban. The architecture is also better.

Tampa, FL or Buffalo, NY?
I like Tampa's design better, plus it's still adding towers. Ft. Lauderdale or Ft. Worth?

Old 12-31-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I like Tampa's design better, plus it's still adding towers. Ft. Lauderdale or Ft. Worth?
Ft. Lauderdale at this point. The towers are not as obstructed by interstate highways and appear to be more modern. Texas loves their interstates!

Jackson, MS or Tallahasee, FL?

Old 01-01-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Ft. Lauderdale at this point. The towers are not as obstructed by interstate highways and appear to be more modern. Texas loves their interstates!

Jackson, MS or Tallahasee, FL?
I prefer Tallahassee's architecture. Boulder CO or Wilmington DE?

Old 01-01-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I prefer Tallahassee's architecture. Boulder CO or Wilmington DE?
Wilmington has better architecture and a mix of old and new.

Tacoma, WA or Harrisburg, PA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City