Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,756,953 times

Advertisements

BigLake, why can't you leave dementor a.k.a sockpuppet alone? Just pay a bit attention and you'll notice his trace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
I know what you meant. And again, there is no way in heaven, if you've ever been to Chicago, you'd have the audacity that Manhattan is the equivalent of 4-5 downtown Chicago's (clear enough for you?).

Additionally, and to help provide you with some linear thinking, comparing Manhattan to downtown Chicago (no matter how many) is apples and oranges. If you've noticed, we've spent the last 3-4 pages of this thread on tha fact that Manhattan is not a "downtown".

Again, I'll assume you've never been to Chicago and are simply acting out of pride and arrogance in your city.

EDIT: And btw-- I just noticed you edited your post and called me a dipstick. Call me a name again and I'll report you and get you banned. Understand?

Do you understand me?

Old 02-25-2010, 12:48 PM

6 posts, read 5,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
BigLake, why can't you leave dementor a.k.a sockpuppet alone?
Funny, Big Lake plays with a sock puppet? Seems about right. His sock puppet must be telling him that Chicago's downtown is close in size to Manhattan and other fairy tales.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:52 PM

2,581 posts, read 3,672,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marionluigi View Post
Ooooooo. you'll report me. oooooooo.
Typical. You are definately a transplant to Chicago, excuse me, Oak Park. The ones who give Chicagoans a bad name. Stop speaking for us you maroon. NYC has over 8000 buildings in its commercial/buisness center and even if you don't consider Manhattan as an "according to hoyle" downtown, whatever that means, it still is endless in comparison to Chicago's downtown. Chicago has just over 1000 buildings inside about 6 square miles. Impressive, for the midwest.
There is no doubt in MY mind that it is YOU who have never left the midwest.
You know what? I think you may simply be another dementor alias. I also think you're typing from your parent's basement in White Plains, NY. Since you're likely young and "testing" out message boards and are posting with the anonymity of a keyboard, you probably are just learning your way. You're off to a pretty sh&tty start judging from your first five posts on the board.

But hey, no hard feelings.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:55 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,545,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
You know what? I think you may simply be another dementor alias. I also think you're typing from your parent's basement in White Plains, NY. Since you're likely young and "testing" out message boards and are posting with the anonymity of a keyboard, you probably are ust learning. You're off to a pretyy sh&tty start judging from your first five posts on the board.

But hey, no hard feelings.
You "think" it may be another dementor alias!? Come on bud! Get on your game! Basically any new user on this forum who enters a Chicago thread is dementor.

I just don't understand why he keeps coming back after all this time.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:28 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,219,767 times
^^ I've got no idea.

I actually have no idea why or how message boards entered my life and why City-data became a daily routine for me and has decreased my work performance ha ha.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 PM
eek

3,568 posts, read 7,784,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I actually have no idea why or how message boards entered my life and why City-data became a daily routine for me and has decreased my work performance ha ha.
lol. +1.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:42 PM

3,647 posts, read 8,366,613 times
Quote:
^^ I've got no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
lol. +1.
lol same here!

Old 02-25-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
^^ I've got no idea.

Yea I was searching for something about Boston about a year ago on Yahoo...happened to stumble upon an Atlanta vs Boston thread and a year later here I am. According to my profile I average over 6 1/2 posts per day. Sweet mother of mercy.

Sometimes I'm in the office for an hour before I actually do work. That's definitely not good haha. I'm not sure what addiction is the worse: City Data or Call of Duty haha.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:48 PM

3,647 posts, read 8,366,613 times
^ probably call of duty.

but yeah i found this site back in 07 cause i was looking for stats for a project on cities( it was about cities and which is dirtier) then "WALA" i found this site
i didnt bother to make a SN till last year

mas23

Old 02-25-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
^ probably call of duty.

but yeah i found this site back in 07 cause i was looking for stats for a project on cities( it was about cities and which is dirtier) then "WALA" i found this site
i didnt bother to make a SN till last year

mas23
Yea Call of Duty basically consumes my soul. I never thought I would get into so many heated arguments in my life regarding things like the square mileage of different metro areas in the country. Very, very odd.

For those reasons and more, I think NY's downtown is superior to Chicago's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City