Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tampa FL vs Phoenix AZ summer weather
Tampa 81 62.79%
Phoenix 48 37.21%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 07:45 PM

8,683 posts, read 10,232,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Actually, metro Miami is 5,9 mil. It was probably 5 mil in 2010. PHX is a lot smaller, more comparable to Tampa Bay.

I'll take 90's with the option of swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving in Miami than 110F dry/low humidity air in Phoenix. I've experienced 110F+ before and it's no fun either..
According to estimated 2014 MSA populations:

Miami - 5,929,819
Phoenix - 4,489,109
Tampa - 2,915,582
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 07:22 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,189,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
According to estimated 2014 MSA populations:

Miami - 5,929,819
Phoenix - 4,489,109
Tampa - 2,915,582
2,9 mil is just 2 1/2 counties in Tampa Bay(Hillsborough, Pinellas and some of Pasco). The entire area is larger.

From Wiki: "A 2012 estimate shows the Tampa Bay area population to have 4,310,524 people and a 2017 projection of 4,536,854 people."

Old 07-22-2015, 09:17 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,500,466 times
Easily Tampa because I love humid heat and thunderstorms.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:49 AM

135 posts, read 139,482 times
It's fun to watch people in Arizona act like humidity is such a horrible, awful thing.

I always get a chuckle out of people who hate rain, too. Rain cools things off, cleans things off, and promotes lush vegetation.

I have no dog in this fight, mainly because this fight is dumb. I've been to Phoenix, and I visit my bro-in-law in Tucson occasionally. Neither do it for me. That said, I don't plan on staying in Florida for much longer, either (if I can help it).

Old 07-23-2015, 05:16 AM

8,683 posts, read 10,232,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogler View Post
It's fun to watch people in Arizona act like humidity is such a horrible, awful thing.

I always get a chuckle out of people who hate rain, too. Rain cools things off, cleans things off, and promotes lush vegetation.

I have no dog in this fight, mainly because this fight is dumb. I've been to Phoenix, and I visit my bro-in-law in Tucson occasionally. Neither do it for me. That said, I don't plan on staying in Florida for much longer, either (if I can help it).
I rarely hear people in AZ complain about the rain. However, it does get muggy during Monsoon season.

While waiting in line for my flight to Chicago from Phoenix the other day, I overheard some visitors from Chicago talking about the heat. They agreed it was hotter in Phoenix, but at least it wasn't regularly humid like Chicago.

This is something that people outside of AZ speak about just as much as people in AZ.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:39 AM

135 posts, read 139,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
I rarely hear people in AZ complain about the rain. However, it does get muggy during Monsoon season.
It's not so much that they complain about the rain in Arizona, it's that a lot of folks out there (and some even in this thread) use AZ's relative dearth of rain compared to FL as a one-up talking point. Rain is a wonderful thing. It keeps things nice and lush. Just a personal preference. I don't care much for AZ's barren brown desert landscape. Sure wish FL had mountains, though. Might be a bit more tolerable down here, lol.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:52 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,039,625 times
Quote:

I've become a humidity wuss since I moved to Phoenix. It's not like I was never exposed to humidity, I was born and grew up in Tampa. I used to skateboard with my friends all day in the summer with no complaints.

Yesterday was humid outside, like 99 degrees with 25% humidity. I was whining like a #!@ch, "my shirt is soaked!" I spent the rest of the day in AC.

But today, it will dry out, and shoot back up to a nice 109.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:36 PM

5,649 posts, read 6,012,744 times
Quote:
It's not so much that they complain about the rain in Arizona, it's that a lot of folks out there (and some even in this thread) use AZ's relative dearth of rain compared to FL as a one-up talking point. Rain is a wonderful thing. It keeps things nice and lush. Just a personal preference. I don't care much for AZ's barren brown desert landscape. Sure wish FL had mountains, though. Might be a bit more tolerable down here, lol.
Rain is a pain in the arse. I cant stand it. I do like it when it rains in Phoenix, because it is a nice change of scenery, per se. However, when I lived in TN, rain was so aggravating. It rained year round, seemingly every other day. You couldnt plan outdoors stuff for half the time because rain always threatened. 4th of July fireworks? Rained out. Baseball game? Rained out. Trip to Nashville to sightsee? Run from building to building to avoid being soaked. Hiking? Rained out. Quad riding? Always a muddy mess because the woods NEVER dried out. All rain did there in Tennessee was tick me off because it ruined the day, raised the humidity, and brought out even more mosquitos.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:16 PM

2,068 posts, read 2,944,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Rain is a pain in the arse. I cant stand it. I do like it when it rains in Phoenix, because it is a nice change of scenery, per se. However, when I lived in TN, rain was so aggravating. It rained year round, seemingly every other day. You couldnt plan outdoors stuff for half the time because rain always threatened. 4th of July fireworks? Rained out. Baseball game? Rained out. Trip to Nashville to sightsee? Run from building to building to avoid being soaked. Hiking? Rained out. Quad riding? Always a muddy mess because the woods NEVER dried out. All rain did there in Tennessee was tick me off because it ruined the day, raised the humidity, and brought out even more mosquitos.
Is this a sincere opinion, or a sour grapes at the fact that desert areas like Phoenix lack the bountiful rains needed to sustain rich amounts of life?

Old 07-27-2015, 09:17 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,084,572 times
Tampa...the beaches make hot weather completely worth, and Tampa's are gorgeous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City