Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The following city has the greatest influence on the rest of the U.S.A...
New York City 502 68.30%
Los Angeles 233 31.70%
Voters: 735. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 09:18 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,024,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
You obivously didn't read my post. I Am not trying to compare Los Angeles landmarks to New York I Am trying to show the annoying troll who made that fake account that LA has landmarks too so stop acting like you know everything. Also if LA can't beat Chicago's lanmarks why didn't you name one. Cause you can't. Chicago has nothing iconic. If the Chinese theater is only a "building" why did you state another building in New York (Radio City) which I doubt is iconic I never even heard of it, ever saw Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown LA? Your contradicting yourself. Everyone knows the Hollywood sign and the Hollywood star and I belive New York has a big sign as well labeling a area across it's old buildings Times Square. You think Washington D.C. is better they're not even original. A big obelisk for a monument copyed from the egytains those collumed buildings copyed from the Greeks big domed Capitol building copyed from Rome, yeah real iconic.
What youve never heard of the World famous Radio City Music Hall at Rockefeller Center. It hosts the World Famous Christmas Spectacular.

Heres a pic ive taken

Radio City Music Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Radio City Music Hall is an entertainment venue located in New York City's Rockefeller Center. Its nickname is the Showplace of the Nation, and it was for a time the leading tourist destination in the city. Its interior was declared a city landmark in 1978.

Radio City Christmas Spectacular - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The Radio City Christmas Spectacular is an annual musical holiday stage show presented at Radio City Music Hall in New York City. The show features over 140 performers, lavish sets and costumes and an original musical score. The 90 minute revue combines singing, dancing and humor with traditional scenes in spectacular stage settings. The star performers are the women's precision dance troupe known as the Rockettes. Since the first version was presented in 1933, the show has become a New York Christmas tradition seen by more than a million visitors a year. In 2008, it ran from November 11 through December 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 09:21 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,270,011 times
Wink Your complaing Washington is not orginial but LA's big "landmark" is a sign!

Quote:
You obivously didn't read my post. I Am not trying to compare Los Angeles landmarks to New York I Am trying to show the annoying troll who made that fake account that LA has landmarks too so stop acting like you know everything. Also if LA can't beat Chicago's lanmarks why didn't you name one. Cause you can't. Chicago has nothing iconic. If the Chinese theater is only a "building" why did you state another building in New York (Radio City) which I doubt is iconic I never even heard of it, ever saw Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown LA? Your contradicting yourself. Everyone knows the Hollywood sign and the Hollywood star and I belive New York has a big sign as well labeling a area across it's old buildings Times Square. You think Washington D.C. is better they're not even original. A big obelisk for a monument copyed from the egytains those collumed buildings copyed from the Greeks big domed Capitol building copyed from Rome, yeah real iconic.
Hollywood wrote "You think Washington D.C. is better they're not even original. A big obelisk for a monument copyed from the egytains those collumed buildings copyed from the Greeks big domed Capitol building copyed from Rome, yeah real iconic".

The buildings "copyed" from the "egytains" and the Greeks are both beautiful and internationally famous. Probably more famous than the orginials and even more beautiful. Nor are they all directly copied from the Greeks (and Romans) but are influenced by their architecture. Does the White House look like something from ancient Greece?

Off the top of my head here are some Washington landmarks:

The Capitol Building
The White House
The Lincoln Memorial
The Vietnam Memorial
The Jefferson Memorial
The Smithsonian Institution (many buildings)
The Washington Monument
Union Station

Plus nearby
Mount Vernon
Arlington House

You see? These are landmarks. Not a theater that you and I may know but most people off city data probably never heard of.

Last edited by LINative; 07-01-2009 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: changed the word momuments to landmarks

Old 07-01-2009, 09:24 PM

804 posts, read 2,403,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
What youve never heard of the World famous Radio City Music Hall at Rockefeller Center. It hosts the World Famous Christmas Spectacular.

Heres a pic ive taken

Radio City Music Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Radio City Christmas Spectacular - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Naw...I Know Radio City I was just doing that for spite. It is very well known too. The VMA's (Video Music Awards) are going to be held there this year.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Hollywood wrote "You think Washington D.C. is better they're not even original. A big obelisk for a monument copyed from the egytains those collumed buildings copyed from the Greeks big domed Capitol building copyed from Rome, yeah real iconic".

The buildings "copyed" from the "egytains" and the Greeks are both beautiful and internationally famous. Probably more famous than the orginials and even more beautiful. Nor are they all directly copied from the Greeks (and Romans) but are influenced by their architecture. Does the White House look like something from ancient Greece?

Off the top of my head here are some Washington landmarks:

The Capitol Building
The White House
The Lincoln Memorial
The Vietnam Memorial
The Jefferson Memorial
The Smithsonian Institution (many buildings)
The Washington Monument
Union Station

Plus nearby
Mount Vernon
Arlington House

You see? These are landmarks. Not a theater that you and I may know but most people off city data probably never heard of.
You serious? You mean to tell me you never heard of Grauman's chinese theatre" It's obviously known by us westerners. It's even a landmark model at legoland.

I find it hard to belive you don't know this.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:29 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,024,113 times
Quote:
Naw...I Know Radio City I was just doing that for spite. It is very well known too. The VMA's (Video Music Awards) are going to be held there this year.
Again, yes ima try to go just because its here.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Again, yes ima try to go just because its here.

I wish I could go!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,270,011 times
Quote:
You serious? You mean to tell me you never heard of Grauman's chinese theatre" It's obviously known by us westerners. It's even a landmark model at legoland.

I find it hard to belive you don't know this.
Did you not read my last sentence?

And are you really trying to compare a theater to all those Washington DC landmarks?

Finally I must say it is just a little...just a tad... ironic that you think Washington copied all its buildings off ancient Greece & Egypt but you don't say nothing about the Chinese theatre!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Did you not read my last sentence?

And are you really trying to compare a theater to all those Washington DC landmarks?

Finally I must say it is just a little...just a tad... ironic that you think Washington copied all its buildings off ancient Greece & Egypt but you don't say nothing about the Chinese theatre!
And exactly what dose that theater look like to you in china? I find it funny that you keep thinking I am comparing LA landmarks to other cities.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:00 PM

938 posts, read 4,096,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
LA live??? Santa Monica??? Venice beach??? Beverly Hills ??? where do you go? I'm curious, because LA is overwhelmingly ghetto and crime ridden.
Quote:
I repeat that I doubt you ever lived in LA.. Lets go by regions shall we.

The San Fernado valley...... Ghetto.

The West Side.... half ghetto

Hollywood....Ghetto

The east Side.....Ghetto ( Boyle Heights)

Venice beach...mostly ghetto

Westchester....Ok not ghetto

The entire south side all the way to San Pedro.....Ghetto.

Downtown....mostly ghetto although it has improved... not enough to remove the ghetto label.

Mostly all of the nice parts aren't even in LA..they are in other cities like Santa Monica, Malibu, Redondo Beach etc....
Do us all a favor and stop spewing out your bull**** and other inanities. Its painstakingly obvious you don't know a damn thing about LA with you making terrible sweeping generalizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
LAmexican whose lived in LA stated hollywood was seperate from the actual city of los angeles. IDK though the whole layout of what is and isnt los angeles city confuses me
I wonder if he actually lived there? Hollywood is about as LA as it gets. Oh, and somebody who says such factually incorrect statements like that, wouldn't have a shred of credibility from me, LOL.

Quote:
Los Feliz isn't their hipster ara. That part lies more in the West side, near the grove.
Gritty in LA??? not anymore.
LOL, hipsters on the Westside?! Except for the aforementioned Venice, they don't exist over in those parts. Not that I'd expect somebody like you to know, but the hipsters are in places like East Hollywood, Silverlake, Echo Park, Koreatown, Highland Park and Los Feliz. The ahead of the curve ones are already in Boyle Heights. Smart Guy.

And no grit in LA?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! You've got to be kidding me. That's all I ever take pictures of! I'll tell you politely, there's NO SHORTAGE of grit in LA.

Look no further: http://www.flickriver.com/photos/15316475@N04

Last edited by King0fthehill; 07-02-2009 at 05:19 PM..

Old 07-02-2009, 05:19 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,708,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
Do us all a favor and stop spewing out your bull**** and other inanities. Its painstakingly obvious you don't know a damn thing about LA with you making terrible sweeping generalizations.

I wonder if he actually lived there? Hollywood is about as LA as it gets. Oh, and somebody who says such factually incorrect statements like that, wouldn't have a shred of credibility from me, LOL.

LOL, hipsters on the Westside?! Except for the aforementioned Venice, they don't exist. The hipsters are in places like East Hollywood, Silverlake, Echo Park, Koreatown, Highland Park and Los Feliz. Smart Guy.

And no grit in LA?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! You've got to be kidding me. That's all I ever take pictures of! I'll tell you politely, there's NO SHORTAGE of grit in LA.

Look no further: Flickriver: Photos from KingoftheHill (taking a break)
it seems that you are frustrated lol.... and why you seem so offended when you have LA sucks under your citydata name?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City