Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 08:09 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,754,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtutaaa View Post
If any body has a inferiority complex , it should be you. Philadelphia is a great place to live and work and great things a happening here . University of Penn has developed cures for blood cancer and doing cellu
lar engineering to combat disease and genetic mutations . Children' s Hospital of Philadelphia is the world's leader in finding cures for childhood disease . Twenty percent of all Doctors in the U.S. get there training from the 7 medical schools in Philadelphia . Over 120 colleges and universities in the Philadelphia region including two ivy league schools. World class art museum ect. So what is Tennessee doing that so great ?
No. There is only one Ivy League school in Phila.: the Univ. of Pa. And 5 medical schools in Phila.: Penn, Jefferson, Temple, Drexel, PCOM(Phila. College of Osteopathic Medicine).

All great institutes, as you post, but no need to exaggerate and inflate the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 11:35 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
No. There is only one Ivy League school in Phila.: the Univ. of Pa. And 5 medical schools in Phila.: Penn, Jefferson, Temple, Drexel, PCOM(Phila. College of Osteopathic Medicine).

All great institutes, as you post, but no need to exaggerate and inflate the truth.
Yeah, I was wondering. Two Ivy League schools? Huh? Drexel, Villanova and Temple aren't close to Ivy League.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:42 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,511,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Yeah, I was wondering. Two Ivy League schools? Huh? Drexel, Villanova and Temple aren't close to Ivy League.
I think he meant Princeton which is 25 minutes up 95, but we really don't need to start this debate of what Mercer County is more connected too because it has nothing to do with the OP's question.

Sick picture of Toronto above.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:49 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I think he meant Princeton which is 25 minutes up 95, but we really don't need to start this debate of what Mercer County is more connected too because it has nothing to do with the OP's question.
Mercer County, NJ is part of the NYC metro, so there's nothing to debate. It would be like including Penn for the NYC metro, because it's close by.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:25 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,511,932 times
Quote:
Mercer County, NJ is part of the NYC metro, so there's nothing to debate. It would be like including Penn for the NYC metro, because it's close by.
That is moronic, considering for 300 plus years it was part of the Philly msa, but okay.

If you really want to debate it there is like 7 threads on the topic on here: https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...ladelphia.html

Back to the topic at hand though, Do people consider DT Atlanta to be the undisputed king of the south?

I think this is a good report for US cities: http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/r...c2010sr-01.pdf

Starting on page 21 it does explain there methodology and they have stats and things scattered throughout the next few pages about DT.

I would still say the cities with the largest DT's are as followed: 1.NYC, 2.CHI,3.SF/PHI/DC 4. BOS/MIA/SEA buts that just me.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:30 PM

312 posts, read 268,268 times
Quote:

Technically, Princeton is both part of the NY Metro and Philly Metro. It is equal distance between the to but it is closer to Philly by like 2 miles. So technically, the Philly metro has 2 Ivy leagues (PENN and Princeton) and so does NYC (Columbia and Princeton).

Old 04-26-2015, 03:16 PM

34 posts, read 62,735 times
I would say the largest downtowns besides nyc and chicago are..

SanFran's, Philly's, L.A.'s, Miami's and Houston's

(Not in order)
I know people underestimate the size of L.A.'s downtown but its pretty expansive and looks very piwerful and soulful to me.. it may not be as big as nys or chitown's but its again a very powerful and soulful skyline. And its getting bigger and bigger. Plus they building the tallest building on the west coast right now which will only make the skyline even better along with Metropolis and Fig Central. L.A. is just continuing to expand its beautiful big downtown skyline. L.A. is also 14th in the world when it comes to shear number of highrises. But the building boom in L.A. is on and strong to say the least.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:01 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,689,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizilicious View Post
I would say the largest downtowns besides nyc and chicago are..

SanFran's, Philly's, L.A.'s, Miami's and Houston's

(Not in order)
I know people underestimate the size of L.A.'s downtown but its pretty expansive and looks very piwerful and soulful to me.. it may not be as big as nys or chitown's but its again a very powerful and soulful skyline. And its getting bigger and bigger. Plus they building the tallest building on the west coast right now which will only make the skyline even better along with Metropolis and Fig Central. L.A. is just continuing to expand its beautiful big downtown skyline. L.A. is also 14th in the world when it comes to shear number of highrises. But the building boom in L.A. is on and strong to say the least.
I think I would put DC, Boston and Seattle before LA, Miami and Houston. Downtown LA is certainly booming right now though for sure.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:49 PM

313 posts, read 336,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post

Rowan University has two medical schools in Camden county N.J. ,one in Camden which is one subway stop from Center City and the other in Statford N.J. I chose to use the words Philadelphia region which includes Mercer county N.J. . The term msa and csa are recent inventions of the Census Bureau which is a very narrow definition mostly used by government to appropriate federal funds . So in the term Philadelphia region ,yes Princeton is included .
Childrens and Penn both have outpatient facilities in Ocean and Mercer counties .

Last edited by kingtutaaa; 04-26-2015 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: correct spelling

Old 04-27-2015, 12:39 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post

Technically, Princeton is both part of the NY Metro and Philly Metro. It is equal distance between the to but it is closer to Philly by like 2 miles. So technically, the Philly metro has 2 Ivy leagues (PENN and Princeton) and so does NYC (Columbia and Princeton).
No it's not. Impossible.

Also no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City