Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your Choice
West Coast 118 41.40%
East Coast 167 58.60%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:41 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Its funny how everyone's argument for the Westcoast is by using weather. If the weather is the only thing you can hold up an truly compare to the East then it must not be much of a competition. East wins in every category hands down! Including weather, 4 seasons for most of the coast, more people, more important, more historic, better universities, no comparison!

By the way: San Francisco weather is WACK! How do you get 55 degree days in June and July? That's not a real summer at all. And don't go talking about the East Coast humidity, can't take it? then keep yourself on the dry westside!
I was taking your comment seriously until you used the word "WACK." My God man, way to exclude yourself.

West is the Best. You must arise each morning, gargle with rocks in your mouth, and behave like a Beast to survive in the East.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:58 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,552,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
is this thread a joke? The east coast completely demolishes the westcoast monday-saturday and twice on sunday. Absolutely no contest other than scenery
Thank you! I dont understand these West Coast posters and their obsession with comparing it to the East. If scenery and weather is all you have to post about an entire coast of the country then go right ahead. The West Coast cannot compare to East in any other way. Not history, wealth, universities, culture, landmarks, monuments, location, etc.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:02 PM

5,864 posts, read 15,237,207 times
Default I love the west coast

Old 02-07-2011, 11:18 PM

940 posts, read 2,026,452 times
Quote:
Thank you! I dont understand these West Coast posters and their obsession with comparing it to the East. If scenery and weather is all you have to post about an entire coast of the country then go right ahead. The West Coast cannot compare to East in any other way. Not history, wealth, universities, culture, landmarks, monuments, location, etc.
The West can't "compete" with the East. I agree. We all agree. The OP even started off demonstrating how radically different they are in terms of GDP and population. I'll say it again: in a war, the East Coast wins. Ok? Is that good enough? YOU WIN.

It's just like saying Canada can't "compete" with the US. It'd get its ass handed to it.

Fortunately, however, we are all NOT AT WAR. We can live WHERE WE WANT for reasons totally apart from history, wealth, universities, landmarks, monuments. Notice I left out "culture" and "location." These happen to be two completely subjective factors, and are two of the main reasons people move to the West coast. They may not be as easy to measure as # of people, universities, gdp, etc. but they are very real reasons to move and live somewhere.

I much prefer the culture and location of the West Coast to the East. I also prefer the history (because personally I think that's subjective, too... but we won't get into that). I love the lifestyle here. Personally, I find it much more enjoyable and fulfilling than living in the East. I've lived on both coasts, and I have to tell you -- the history, wealth, landmarks, etc. never made my life better back there. I enjoy my life in the West and that's all that matters.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,552,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweebo2220 View Post
The West can't "compete" with the East. I agree. We all agree. The OP even started off demonstrating how radically different they are in terms of GDP and population. I'll say it again: in a war, the East Coast wins. Ok? Is that good enough? YOU WIN.

It's just like saying Canada can't "compete" with the US. It'd get its ass handed to it.

Fortunately, however, we are all NOT AT WAR. We can live WHERE WE WANT for reasons totally apart from history, wealth, universities, landmarks, monuments. Notice I left out "culture" and "location." These happen to be two completely subjective factors, and are two of the main reasons people move to the West coast. They may not be as easy to measure as # of people, universities, gdp, etc. but they are very real reasons to move and live somewhere.

I much prefer the culture and location of the West Coast to the East. I also prefer the history (because personally I think that's subjective, too... but we won't get into that). I love the lifestyle here. Personally, I find it much more enjoyable and fulfilling than living in the East. I've lived on both coasts, and I have to tell you -- the history, wealth, landmarks, etc. never made my life better back there. I enjoy my life in the West and that's all that matters.
Right which explains why all my West Coast friends want to move East, especially the ones in LA.

My whole point is this thread didn't even need to be started, but for some reason the poster felt the need to hold the West Coast up to the East and compare...Now that we are comparing East Coast wins, hands down in any way shape of form. Of course we all have a choice or preference of where to live, that still doesn't take away from the East Coast being better than the West in every category. It's no comparison, West Coast is great to visit though.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:31 PM

205 posts, read 298,432 times
Nice pics but please stop! I hate when threads are flooded with pictures. We know what San Francisco and Seattle look like.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:38 PM

205 posts, read 298,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I was taking your comment seriously until you used the word "WACK." My God man, way to exclude yourself.

West is the Best. You must arise each morning, gargle with rocks in your mouth, and behave like a Beast to survive in the East.

Garggling rocks is certainly better than arising each morning and stepping over the homeless, used needles, feces, meth addicts and needles on your way to work.

You see how ridiculous easy it was for me to generalize the entire West Coast like you did East?

Yea, garggling rocks is the way of life on Fisher Island, FL, Palm Beach, the Hamptons and Nantucket.

I think our friends back West are jealous of the the East's power, wealth, education and success. But moving out west with the rest of the freaks and being a bum is much easier than competing with the talent pool out east so I can see how the West is a better fit for some. In betwen trips to the methadone clinics at least you get to stare and climb up giant rocks all day, oh I mean precious "mountains"

Last edited by sputnikkk; 02-07-2011 at 11:46 PM..

Old 02-07-2011, 11:43 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,518,195 times
I voted for the East Coast....I just prefer it's cities and vibe....plus Manhattan and center city Philadelphia seal the deal.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:44 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,747,106 times
Quote:
Right which explains why all my West Coast friends want to move East, especially the ones in LA.

My whole point is this thread didn't even need to be started, but for some reason the poster felt the need to hold the West Coast up to the East and compare...Now that we are comparing East Coast wins, hands down in any way shape of form. Of course we all have a choice or preference of where to live, that still doesn't take away from the East Coast being better than the West in every category. It's no comparison, West Coast is great to visit though.

Yeah the east coast is a great place to visit too especially in spring and fall.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 PM

818 posts, read 1,387,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I voted for the East Coast....I just prefer it's cities and vibe....plus Manhattan and center city Philadelphia seal the deal.
Manhattan is head and shoulders above everything else but Center City Philadelphia does not beat San Francisco's Financial District or Chicago's Loop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City