Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your Choice
West Coast 118 41.40%
East Coast 167 58.60%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:35 PM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times

Advertisements

If I ever moved to the west coast, I'd probably run out of anything interesting to discuss with anyone. Scenery and weather gets old very quickly. As do sterile cities.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:57 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If I ever moved to the west coast, I'd probably run out of anything interesting to discuss with anyone. Scenery and weather gets old very quickly. As do sterile cities.
The contrasting bitterness and arrogance that defines seemingly every Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern city gets old, too. People are rude and spiteful but somehow that's twisted as "genuine" and preferable to mountains and sunshine. Keep living a lie if you want to.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:30 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:

Keep on telling yourself that......

Great scenery and great weather never gets old.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:30 PM

940 posts, read 2,026,452 times
Quote:
What do you mean? When we start to get bored by the weather and scenery, we call each other from our convertibles to talk about the new menu at applebees.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:50 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,344,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweebo2220 View Post
What do you mean? When we start to get bored by the weather and scenery, we call each other from our convertibles to talk about the new menu at applebees.
Ew, so tacky. On the east coast, they communicate via carrier pigeon to discuss hot dog carts. That's like so much more history and culture, ya know?

Old 02-07-2011, 05:20 PM

205 posts, read 298,432 times
The West Coast is so weird and boring.

In high school we went camping and hiking in Northern California and it was one of the most traumatizing things I've done in my life. I'll die happy if I never see the "scenic wilderness" ever again.

The people are "different" and don't dress well and lack proper east coast (NE/NE) social ettiquite, culture, tradition. Also, as someone who likes to travel, I find it too isolated. Something about that region just feels so lonely.. I wasn't suprised to read that the West had the highest suicide rate in the US.

No thank you.

Old 02-07-2011, 05:50 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
Let's see California has faced the most severe problems imaginable everything from almost complete economic collapse,natural disasters, to run away illegal immigration,noticable infrastucture decay..yet all the while still maintains the highest number of high dollar properties and the most billionaires. That's just sex appeal.I would love to see any other state still even remain on it's knees after such damning issues....Proof that beauty as vapid as it may be still holds the upper hand.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:12 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
East coast is my home,likely for life, so i had to go with it. the West coast is beautiful and San Francisco is gorgeous, but the culture is very different, and home will always be home.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
The West Coast is so weird and boring.
I know! I love how much excitement and vibrancy there is everywhere you go on the East Coast.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:21 PM

Let's face it, everyone in the US lives in boring-ass suburbia. I'd rather live in boring-ass suburbia in the beautiful West (and have a chance of walking to something since the houses are much closer together out west) than boring-ass suburbia in the East.

Also, since the metros are less sprawling in the West, there's less unspoiled nature than out here. In California, I really like being able to go to places where no-one lives for miles and miles around, which was really hard when I was living in the Northeast near Boston. But that's just my personal preference, I would imagine other people like having more room and more everyday access to suburban-style nature like you get out East (small segments of forests in the back yard, stuff like that).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City