Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Boston 149 60.32%
Dallas-Fort Worth 98 39.68%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:21 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I went to north dallas too. I stayed for a week down there in Dallas, and it was a waste of money.
You should've went to South Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 05:25 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Awwwwwww......I should have shown you around LOL

Dallas isn't bad you just have to know where to go.
No thanks, I won't return again to waste my money on there.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:28 PM

6,693 posts, read 9,939,641 times
Quote:
No thanks, I won't return again to waste my money on there.
I thought the same thing about Houston and Baltimore. I thought Houston and Baltimore was BORING, but I went back and had a very good time.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:30 PM

6,693 posts, read 9,939,641 times
It's gonna take awhile for Dallas to be a world class city. NYC, LA, and Chicago wasn't always a world class city, it took years.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:38 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
I didn't say you were... See, you do want to bash me, But I went to restaurants and lounges.

Fuse Restaurant & Lounge

Dallas Zoo

Dallas City Hall, Main street etc.. This was in the downtown of dallas so yes I went to a lot of places while I was there.

Yeah.......right.....

Old 02-01-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Yeah.......right.....
If you do not believe me then that is up to you, but I know where I went.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:07 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,972 times
Quote:
If you do not believe me then that is up to you, but I know where I went.
Maybe, but judging by what you say, Im not sure you've ever left the Bronx.

Im not a Texan, and have never had anyone come here and not go away with something good to say?!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:33 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
Quote:
I went to north dallas too. I stayed for a week down there in Dallas, and it was a waste of money.
I dont think anyone has a right to say this. There is always a lot going on around Dallas. The difference with this area is that not everything is concentrated which is why its called the Metroplex. Its a whole different animal from the traditional downtown vs burbs of other cities. It functions more like the LA area does on a smaller scale of course. Dallas may be different from Boston, but it is still a very nice area with a lot going for it.
It being a newer type city it is growing and evolving now as Boston has had a lot more time to mature.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I dont think anyone has a right to say this. There is always a lot going on around Dallas. The difference with this area is that not everything is concentrated which is why its called the Metroplex. Its a whole different animal from the traditional downtown vs burbs of other cities. It functions more like the LA area does on a smaller scale of course. Dallas may be different from Boston, but it is still a very nice area with a lot going for it.
It being a newer type city it is growing and evolving now as Boston has had a lot more time to mature.
Why don't anyone has a right to say this? It was my money that I spent when I went to Dallas If I would have known that Dallas was not all "that." Then I would spent my money in another city. If in the future Dallas becomes more developed then I would visit the city, but as of right now, Dallas is not on Boston's level at all.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:49 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
Quote:
Why don't anyone has a right to say this? It was my money that I spent when I went to Dallas If I would have known that Dallas was not all "that." Then I would spent my money in another city. If in the future Dallas becomes more developed then I would visit the city, but as of right now, Dallas is not on Boston's level at all.
Well of course you have the right to your own opinion. I just meant that that is not a fair judgement of Dallas. It's just a different type of city than what you'd see in the Northeast. When I go up North, I'm not like ewww its old and gross and not like the South. I appreciate the different type of place it is. Which is what I feel people should open their minds and do anytime they visit a totally different region of the our country or another country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City