Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Boston 149 60.32%
Dallas-Fort Worth 98 39.68%
Voters: 247. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 03:39 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,409 times

Advertisements

I never said Dallas had worse traffic than LA. I stated the drivers were WORSE than LA/Vegas. Definitely worse driving related aggression, road rage and stupidity in Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 05:05 PM

504 posts, read 615,786 times
Since one obvious subject has not come up is interstates. I know Dallas has the High Five Interchange I thought I would show it in comparison to the South Bay Interchange in Boston.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:29 PM

6,724 posts, read 6,718,975 times
Women and Weather: Dallas.

Everything Else: Boston.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:46 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylover94 View Post
Since one obvious subject has not come up is interstates. I know Dallas has the High Five Interchange I thought I would show it in comparison to the South Bay Interchange in Boston.

Roads/highways are one area where Boston won't do so well against Dallas...that interchange looks like a nightmare though. It looks like the collection of people-movimg tubes from Futurama

Old 04-09-2013, 10:14 PM

933 posts, read 1,532,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Women and Weather: Dallas.

Everything Else: Boston.
I dunno, I'd give those first two to Boston.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyy View Post
these two (by csa) are roughly about similar in size, or will be at least in a year or two. Both cities go under the radar and both very respectable and nice cities.

criteria:
- weather
- scenery
- economy
- education
- parks
- waterfront
- nightlife
- safety
- downtown activity
- shopping
- diversity
- housing stock
- school systems (k-12)
- higher education (colleges & universities)
- mass transit
- niche industry (what are they for either?)
- pace of life
- quality of life
- cost of living
- dining scene

questions:
- which one would you rather live in? And why?
I prefer dallas as one can get live-in maids/driver in just $1200 per month.

TEXAS:
Gas is cheaper. No state tax. One can find cheap labor easily. Mild winters. No digging of car out of snow. Big cheaper houses. There are no tolls and no paid parking. No public transport rush and wait.No public transport timetables to follow in Texas. Texas have Huge roads/freeways with multiple lanes. Everything is big in texas. All houses come with standard AC and Heating. 24 hrs super centers and one can shop anything even in 3am in morning. DFW airport is international and very easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City