Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is the capital of Black America in your opinion?
NYC Area 66 4.89%
Phil 25 1.85%
DC 121 8.96%
Atlanta 807 59.78%
Memphis 21 1.56%
New ORleans 33 2.44%
Houston 29 2.15%
Seattle 14 1.04%
Chicago 35 2.59%
Detroit 84 6.22%
Other (include in your reply) 14 1.04%
There is none. 101 7.48%
Voters: 1350. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:30 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8t View Post
I find it stupid that certain closet racist poster would try to patronize the Atlanta posters by claiming there is nothing but "black music" in Atlanta, as if so called "black music" even exist and subsequently implying all black people only like what is portrayed as "black music" ( rap, r&b) which is a lie at best; meanwhile Atlanta has a very diverse music scene from hip hop to metal to trance to noise and everything in between. Nice try though.
there is so much more about Atlanta than just rap. I mean Martin Luther King anybody?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 09:12 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,797,456 times
You know,when I was writing this I thought about the strange similarities.Someone also Repped and said the same about you.oddly enough they left no name.I guess they thought I would be two faced.
So sad some people need to resort to such low and childish games.It's just a forum for gods sake!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:12 PM

908 posts, read 1,829,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
LOL! Try again.

You could not possiby be more insulting if you tried, which I'm sure you will.
I have said my piece. I just think it is sad that in 2010 some still equate Black with Bad. Atlanta is firmly the Black Capital of America whether some want to accept it or not. Being Black does not make it a bad place, it is what has made it such a successful place for African Americans and I only see its Black population growing. Using terms like "Ghetto" are just code words for Black neighborhoods. I just hope the racism one day ends and we can all live in harmony. Who cares if a place is majority black, it is not a stain on you. We are all human after all. Good day, and please stop accusing me of being other posters, it is childish and not why I joined this forum.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:10 AM

320 posts, read 717,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Everything else you wrote is true except the bolded. It's Chicago or NYC kind of cold, but we do in fact have a winter here. It's not anything like the "year round warm weather" you would find in California, Florida or south Texas.
BET and TV one is based in the DC area and Ebony/Jet is based in Chicago. What do you mean I'm wrong?

Old 10-21-2010, 12:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,285 times
Default "Music"?

Sums it up right there.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:31 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,066,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWigg View Post

Sums it up right there.
Are you a John Coltrane fan?

Old 10-21-2010, 05:20 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,100,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleanstopics View Post
New Orleans hands down....Has any of these cities listed maintained the music from Africa like New Orleans? Don't forget New Orleans has the oldest Black neighborhood in the United States and Oldest Black Operating church in America too....These videos below are proven proof why New Orleans is the real Black capital of the United States.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qBO0w5bVyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qBO0w5bVyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krJW2...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Nwv...x=0&playnext=1
Savannah, GA
Charleston, SC

The Gullah/Geechee Culture of coastal SC and GA has preserved African Heritage very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkyUI-J_Nkg

Old 10-21-2010, 05:21 AM

442 posts, read 828,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
I have said my piece. I just think it is sad that in 2010 some still equate Black with Bad. Atlanta is firmly the Black Capital of America whether some want to accept it or not. Being Black does not make it a bad place, it is what has made it such a successful place for African Americans and I only see its Black population growing. Using terms like "Ghetto" are just code words for Black neighborhoods. I just hope the racism one day ends and we can all live in harmony. Who cares if a place is majority black, it is not a stain on you. We are all human after all. Good day, and please stop accusing me of being other posters, it is childish and not why I joined this forum.

You know that is not what we are talking about. We are obviously saying that Atlanta is more then just "black folk" and so called "black music".

Old 10-21-2010, 07:59 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,997,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_boy View Post
BET and TV one is based in the DC area and Ebony/Jet is based in Chicago. What do you mean I'm wrong?
About it being warm year round in Atlanta. A very key "not" was left out of that post.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:09 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,797,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8t View Post
You know that is not what we are talking about. We are obviously saying that Atlanta is more then just "black folk" and so called "black music".
Hes is pandering,He knows exactly what was said.Just stirring up trouble.Seems like he is the only one who got that out what was said.Either he is "slow" or just being a trouble maker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City