Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is #1?
Philadelphia 146 58.17%
Pittsburgh 105 41.83%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 07:27 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,892,055 times

Advertisements

I wonder how many of the Philly Homers have actually even spent significant time recently in Pittsburgh to really give Philly this overall glowing endorsement....I think you'd be surprised about the similarities....Hell if Pittsburgh did cheesesteaks just as well, Philly Homers would feel damn near at home...Minus the Crime problems.

This is really coming down to the fact there are more Philly Homers in City vs City than there are Pitt homers so Philly is going to win....only a small few on here have shown to be really unbias and giving an honest opinion..

Old 07-07-2010, 08:19 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
I wonder how many of the Philly Homers have actually even spent significant time recently in Pittsburgh to really give Philly this overall glowing endorsement....I think you'd be surprised about the similarities....Hell if Pittsburgh did cheesesteaks just as well, Philly Homers would feel damn near at home...Minus the Crime problems.

This is really coming down to the fact there are more Philly Homers in City vs City than there are Pitt homers so Philly is going to win....only a small few on here have shown to be really unbias and giving an honest opinion..

How so, I have been to Pittsburgh and really like the city, but in all honesty when I rated the two Philly edged out Pittsburgh in many categories. That doesn't mean Pittsburgh does not excel in many, I IMHO choose Philly. What areas specifically do you believe that Pittsburgh excels beyond Philly based on the criteria?

Old 07-07-2010, 08:26 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,091,987 times
Quote:

I'm not sticking up for any "Philly Homers" but I just did a view of your recent posts and they show that you are clearly a "Pittsburgh Homer." All of your recents posts are defending Pittsburgh and/or putting other cities down to make Pittsburgh look good. You are clearly not unbiased yourself.

I have no doubt there are many similarities between the two and what could have been a decent thread has become a back-and-forth argument between children.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:57 AM

I defend Pittsburgh because its get an underseved bad wrap from people who know very little about the present day Pittsburgh you know like Philly Homers bashing it in this thread and putting false information forth regarding Philadelphia to prop it up...Yes you Rainrock....

I'm not putting any other city down, just telling the truth about city's that I've lived in and spent significant amounts of time in to make valid compairsons to....Sorry if this doesnt jibe with all the Philly Cheerleading going on here....

Old 07-07-2010, 09:02 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Quote:
I defend Pittsburgh because its get an underseved bad wrap from people who know very little about the present day Pittsburgh...
That's the Pittsburgh Paradox for you: people who are ignorant about Pittsburgh implying that Pittsburghers are ignorant.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
I defend Pittsburgh because its get an underseved bad wrap from people who know very little about the present day Pittsburgh you know like Philly Homers bashing it in this thread and putting false information forth regarding Philadelphia to prop it up....

I quite like Pittsburgh, but you are comparing two cities that are fairly different in size, like comparing Philly to NY, yes Philly has many great attributes but on a smaller scale etc.

Just because one has more and better restaurants etc, well it is should it is much larger

Get over it...

Old 07-07-2010, 09:25 AM

More OK - Better is subjective to ones opinion....Like i said every type of resturant you find in Philly you can find in the Burgh accept for a true cheesesteak and scrapple....This is a Fact!

Bigger doesnt equal Better!....Philly is also bigger than Atlanta, Boston SF and DC does that make it better....i think NOT!

Just admit it, Philly Homers cannot stand being compared to a smaller city that rivals it on many scales, and to be honest is getting way more media attention than Philadelphia...

Last edited by Blackbeauty212; 07-07-2010 at 09:35 AM..

Old 07-07-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
More OK - Better is subjective to ones opinion....Like i said every type of resturant you find in Philly you can find in the Burgh accept for a true cheesesteak and scrapple....This is a Fact!

Bigger doesnt equal Better!....Philly is also bigger than Atlanta, Boston SF and DC does that make it better....i think NOT!

Just admit it, Philly Homers cannot stand being compared to a smaller city that rivals it on many scales, and to be honest is getting way more media attention than Philadelphia...

ok

Old 07-07-2010, 10:05 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,533,309 times
this thread needs some pics..
here's one from Temple Univ..i rarely see views from N. Philly
I know Pitt has some real breathtaking views as well

Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,211,391 times
I like both of these cities, but Philly is a couple of tiers over Pittsburgh as a city. Pittsburgh wins when it comes to safety, friendly people, cost of living, and maybe sports. Philly clearly on everything else to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City