Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Philadelphia regain its #5th rank?
Yes, Philly will overtake Phoenix 46 29.87%
No, Phoenix will remain the 5th city 108 70.13%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:59 PM

7,529 posts, read 10,285,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Again, why do you find it necessary to bring up or even quote other people's far-fetched opinions of a city you haven't even visited? Who cares what "other people" commonly describe Phoenix as or are you not capable of forming your own opinions yourself?...and if you can't form your own opinions, is it that difficult to just not say anything either way (good or bad)?
I've visited Phoenix 3 times. I think phillies2011 has nailed it pretty well so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 03:01 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,026,267 times
Quote:
Again, why do you find it necessary to bring up or even quote other people's far-fetched opinions of a city you haven't even visited? Who cares what "other people" commonly describe Phoenix as or are you not capable of forming your own opinions yourself?...and if you can't form your own opinions, is it that difficult to just not say anything either way (good or bad)?
i'm capable of forming my own opinions, but considering i've never been there i was deferring to people who have been there and described it as such.

but if you want me to just form my own opinions based on facts. then fine.

phoenix has a population density of about 3,000 per sq mile. that is less than philadelphia suburbs of west chester and springfield where my parents and grandparents moved respectively to "get out of the city".

these are suburban towns. they boast a greater population density than your "city".

you guys don't have single building over 500 ft tall and you only have two over 400 ft. ONLY 2 over 400 feet. that's laughable.

your sports teams are awful and can't even attract fans even when they are good.

the only culture your city has is it's native american culture which is being totally erased in the face of extreme racism.

phoenix is hot bed of tea baggers

phoenix is hardly even a city, i mean look at it's skyline. it's a big overgrown suburb who's main industry is the building of houses for retired people.

it's a joke. and there's a reason why so many people bash it.

a lot of people trash cities here with high murder rates and poverty, detroit, memphis, new orleans, but honestly i've been to all three of these cities and they all at least had culture, had an identity, or had a reason to exist.

phoenix is souless. even when compared to other sun belt cities like houston and san antonio, etc.

there you go, those are some opinions all of my own

Old 03-11-2011, 03:06 PM

8,655 posts, read 10,188,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
i'm capable of forming my own opinions, but considering i've never been there i was deferring to people who have been there and described it as such.

phoenix has a population density of about 3,000 per sq mile. that is less than philadelphia suburbs of west chester and springfield where my parents and grandparents moved respectively to "get out of the city".

these are suburban towns. they boast a greater population density than your "city".

you guys don't have single building over 500 ft tall and you only have two over 400 ft. ONLY 2 over 400 feet. that's laughable.

your sports teams are awful and can't even attract fans even when they are good.

the only culture your city has is it's native american culture which is being totally erased in the face of extreme racism.

phoenix is hardly even a city, i mean look at it's skyline. it's a big overgrown suburb who's main industry is the building of houses for retired people.

a lot of people trash cities here with high murder rates and poverty, detroit, memphis, new orleans, but honestly i've been to all three of these cities and they all at least had culture, had an identity, or had a reason to exist.

phoenix is souless. even when compared to other sun belt cities like houston and san antonio, etc.

Thanks for proving what you are.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
I've visited Phoenix 3 times. I think phillies2011 has nailed it pretty well so far.
Who cares what you think? I think you've proven your credibility (or lack thereof) already.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:09 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,026,267 times
Quote:
Thanks for proving what you are.
what am i? right?

also here's another one, phoenix wikipedia page mentions an "historic district" which includes early 20th century victorian houses and mid 20th century modern architecture. my oh my. how historic. haha

Old 03-11-2011, 03:11 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,194,496 times
Quote:

Whoa, I wouldn't take it that far. Im sure there is probably some cool or unique things about phoenix. I personally don't know about them because I never been there (besides changing flights).

Old 03-11-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Whoa, I wouldn't take it that far. Im sure there is probably some cool or unique things about phoenix. I personally don't know about them because I never been there (besides changing flights).
Let's not feed the troll anymore.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:

Yep - thats the city i visited. Well done.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:50 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,369,955 times
Funny how population figures are "meaningless" when Phoenix passed Philadelphia, but suddenly we see that was not the case and Philadelphia rejoices at their protected ranking.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:45 PM

Phoenix's journalists will tell the truth, even if their CD homers won't: Phoenix may be losing people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City