Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:06 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,535,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

You just answered your own question with the above quote.

Why would a Christian want a non believer to be condemned by their own ignorance? That doesnt sound much like love but hate.
In order to let God do the work on their heart first. Jesus didn't point out her sin and the ones who tried ran off... Jesus did more for her by NOT pointing out her sin than the others did by pointing it out. Had they killed her would they have been right to do so?

It is not your place to point out another person's sin unless you can provide a list of your own for comparison!

I was taught these principals in Sunday School as a child but then as an adult the story seems to have lost its effectiveness I guess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 04:07 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,151,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Last night I was reading a book on Evangelism. I found a short story by pro-life activist Penny Lea. Some may have heard this story and some may not. While this story is given to be against abortion it speaks volumes to everything else that is sin and is now accepted by many who call themselves Christians. If you think this story is false I encourage you to Goggle this story and research it before you condemn it. Below is a link.

SING A LITTLE LOUDER

Here after a speech an old man approaches Penny Lea.

I lived in Germany during the Nazi holocaust. I considered myself a Christian. I attended church since I was a small boy. We had heard the stories of what was happening to the Jews, but like most people today in this country, we tried to distance ourselves from the reality of what was really taking place. What could anyone do to stop it?

A railroad track ran behind our small church, and each Sunday morning we would hear the whistle from a distance and then the clacking of the wheels moving over the track. We became disturbed when one Sunday we noticed cries coming from the train passing by. We grimly realized that the train was carrying Jews. They were like cattle in those cars!

Week after week that train whistle would blow. We would dread to hear the sound of those old wheels because we knew that the Jews would begin to cry out to us as they passed our church. It was so terribly disturbing! We could do nothing to help these poor miserable people, yet their screams tormented us. We knew exactly at what time that whistle would blow, and we decided the only way to keep from being so distrurbed by the cries was to start singing our hymns. By the time that train came rumbling past the church yard, we were singing at the top of our voices. If some of the screams reached our ears, we'd just sing louder until we could hear them no more. Years have passed and no one talks about it much anymore, but I still hear that train whistle in my sleep. I can still hear them crying out for help. God forgive all of us who called ourselves Christians, yet did nothing to intervene.

Now so many years later, I see it happening all over again in America. God forgive you as Americans for you have blocked out the screams of millions of your own children. The holocaust is here. The response is the same as it was in my country--- Silence!

Now I agree this is from an abortion speaker. Christians you know abortion is a sin. Below is a link with the stories of abortion survivers. Gianna Jensen stands out as a miracle. Read her story!

Abortion Survivors

But how many other sins roam amongst us? What have we allowed to be placed under the cross of our Christ? Adultery, Fornications, Theft, Lies, False Teachings, Cursing, Lusting, Murder..................
THESE ALL LEAD TO DESTRUCTION!!!!

1 Peter 2:1 Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.

Christ Jesus came and died for our sins. Does this mean we can continue to sin? Does this mean we can love sin? We must cast it off. Can we do so by our own power? NO!!!!! If you have tried and failed you know this. When faced with sin pray to Jesus! When faced with temptation pray to Jesus! When mocked for believeing the truth of scripture pray to Jesus! And if you dont have Jesus....

GET HIM NOW!!!! NOT AFTER DINNER, NOT TOMORROW, AND CERTAINLY NOT WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT!!!!

If you need help knowing him here is a link. BUT USE A BIBLE AS YOU STUDY IT! PRAY TO GOD FOR HIS TRUTH IN CHRIST JESUS WHO WILL SEND THE HOLY SPIRIT TO YOU IF YOU BELIEVE!!!

Got Jesus?

This is the way to eternity. It is the first step on a long path! Here are some of the ways one can not get to eternity!

17 Ways No-one Will Go to Heaven

Christians the time is drawing to a close. Reach out to the lost. Pray for them, but more importantly witness to them. However, one must always remember even when not witnessing, how we act in even the slightest manner is a witness of Christ, this is the truth of sin below.

If you get a complimentary cup at McDonalds for water, but choose soda instead you are a THIEF!!!!!!

How small that act may seem, but how large is the sin we do in the eyes of our God believing Christians. I am guilty, you are guilty, and I assure you Unbeliever as well..... YOU ARE GUILTY!!!

Take heart and know the truth.....

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Christians I pray that even one here will be revealed His truth. There is always one searching while the rain yet falls. Even the lowest of us can be a witness for Christ. In humility brothers and sisters of Christ I exhort you to stand fast for the truth of the Lord. He will not fail you!!!!!

May The Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth!
Hello friend,

I haven't been around for awhile since my sister passed away and have been going through some pretty difficult issues myself. This post is really good and it opened up my eyes to the error of my own thinking and ways. Thank you for your post and for giving your heart to this forum.

Sincerely,
Raelyn

Old 03-03-2010, 04:10 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,839,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
In order to let God do the work on their heart first. Jesus didn't point out her sin and the ones who tried ran off... Jesus did more for her by NOT pointing out her sin than the others did by pointing it out. Had they killed her would they have been right to do so?
Scripture please. No because they did not present the man.

Quote:
It is not your place to point out another person's sin unless you can provide a list of your own for comparison!
Scripture Please.

Quote:
I was taught these principals in Sunday School as a child but then as an adult the story seems to have lost its effectiveness I guess!
What principles? Scripture Please.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:43 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,766,535 times
Quote:
Scripture please. No because they did not present the man.

Scripture Please.

What principles? Scripture Please.

Is your sin any less than any others in the eyes of God? Or do you claim to never sin?

Old 03-03-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Is your sin any less than any others in the eyes of God? Or do you claim to never sin?
No and No.

I do reflect on my own sins and repent before I address anothers sin in love.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:29 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,766,535 times
Quote:
No and No.

I do reflect on my own sins and repent before I address anothers sin in love.
My point is regardless of what you think about others, we are all guilty the same before God. Homosexuality is no more a sin than any other ... I don't condone homosexuality but i realize that it is not necessarily any more the fault of the individual who is so inclined than it is the fault of any of us who are inclined to sin in any other way. I know quite a few homosexuals and most of them are honest kindhearted people who are not attracted to the opposite sex and that is simply all there is to it.

Quote:
"Adultery, Fornications, Theft, Lies, False Teachings, Cursing, Lusting, Murder"
Paul was a mass murderer ... David was an adulterer and a murder. Peter was a liar and a bigot. Peter also was guilty of teaching others to prefer the circumcision by his own example and thus in some way at one time was a false teacher. God knows we all curse(use profanities), God knows all of us men have lust, for power, food, money, women ... I just think its funny how people sit on their high horses in judgment of others when they stand just as guilty as anyone else in the eyes of God. In my opinion Hypocrisy is one of the greatest sins of all, along with pride and bigotry ...

God bless ...

Old 03-03-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
My point is regardless of what you think about others, we are all guilty the same before God. Homosexuality is no more a sin than any other ... I don't condone homosexuality but i realize that it is not necessarily any more the fault of the individual who is so inclined than it is the fault of any of us who are inclined to sin in any other way. I know quite a few homosexuals and most of them are honest kindhearted people who are not attracted to the opposite sex and that is simply all there is to it.
I understand your perspective and I am not here to attack any particular sin and I believe all sin is equal in Gods sight.

Quote:
Paul was a mass murderer ... David was an adulterer and a murder. Peter was a liar and a bigot. Peter also was guilty of teaching others to prefer the circumcision by his own example and thus in some way at one time was a false teacher. God knows we all curse(use profanities), God knows all of us men have lust, for power, food, money, women ... I just think its funny how people sit on their high horses in judgment of others when they stand just as guilty as anyone else in the eyes of God. In my opinion Hypocrisy is one of the greatest sins of all, along with pride and bigotry ...
I agree but there is a difference between those who repent and those who dont. Jesus said to remove the beam from your own eye before you attampt to point out the speck in anothers but he never said live and let live.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:43 PM

696 posts, read 916,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Hello friend,

I haven't been around for awhile since my sister passed away and have been going through some pretty difficult issues myself. This post is really good and it opened up my eyes to the error of my own thinking and ways. Thank you for your post and for giving your heart to this forum.

Sincerely,
Raelyn
Welcome back sister. Take heart I have not forgot your pains and more importantly Christ has not either. I have been waiting for you in this post as I know you suffer these days. You are still in my prayers and thoughts.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I understand your perspective and I am not here to attack any particular sin and I believe all sin is equal in Gods sight.

I agree but there is a difference between those who repent and those who dont. Jesus said to remove the beam from your own eye before you attampt to point out the speck in anothers but he never said live and let live.
The point is clear for Christians. The key to the whole message is 1 Peter 2:1.

The point is also clear for Non Christians in Romans 5:8.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

This is not a correct assessment and if you were taught this in Sunday School I can furthur see why you say things you say. I have seen you speak against your former church as why you left it for UR. But here you give it tribute to your beliefs. It is somewhat problematic. In respect C.S. Lewis openly speaks of such claims in his work of fiction "The Screwtape Letters". There are also books of fact who speak of this error.

By scripture Christians can point out sin and in evangelizing are required to do so to illuminate why Christ is needed. However, that being said Christians can not condemn sin, but to think they can not shed light on darkness is totally contrary to scripture. If you notice I am first calling out the sins wholly accepted among Christians. In a nice way I am calling out hypocrisy which The Lord God Jesus Christ called out quite often.

However, I am also calling out unbelief to a lesser extent, but with no less passion. All those hypocrisies allowed by Christians will be burnt away in the testing of their works. However, unbelief has no such claim. Of course you openly claim UR as such you can not accept here what I have said.

Robin69 is in fact correct in what he claims and how he applies it.

P.S. The McDonalds story is a true story of a Pentacostal who was prosecuting sin, but committing sin himself. I as a Christian called him out on his error and he and I were the closer for it. He denied it for some time. If I do this for a brother Christian how much more must I do this for a unbeliever? This is why Christianity and Christ is so much more than love as is claimed in this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity