Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 05:32 AM

757 posts, read 1,025,089 times

Advertisements

Here is something for the die hard faithful out there who believe in miracles and divine intervention. It’ll further fortify your faith and warm your heart. God and His angels are really out there helping ordinary people like you and I in needed in the physical world. Great evidence for believers and non-believers.

Harrison Odjegba Okene survives three days at bottom of Atlantic, rescued after finding air pocket in tugboat | National Post

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 10:25 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
Here is something for the die hard faithful out there who believe in miracles and divine intervention. It’ll further fortify your faith and warm your heart. God and His angels are really out there helping ordinary people like you and I in needed in the physical world. Great evidence for believers and non-believers.

Harrison Odjegba Okene survives three days at bottom of Atlantic, rescued after finding air pocket in tugboat | National Post

What does a believe in a god have to do with this.

It is wonderful that he survived. It is also totally explainable by physics.

Where was that god for those that did not survive? Where were their miracles?

Old 12-05-2013, 05:17 AM

757 posts, read 1,025,089 times
Pessimistic souls who are incapable of seeing the silver linings dwell in the dark side of every tragedy. Their cups of life will always be half empty.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:58 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

and when you asked that question ... how did you answer?

You already have made up your mind about things so your question becomes a challenge... almost a call out. There is never gonna be an appropriate or acceptable answer when you do not have faith. If you can't see beyond what your eyes can see then your heart remains blind.

Nothing mean intended... just my experiences

Old 12-05-2013, 08:06 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,058 times
Quote:

AWEsome story of God's saving hand. It literally gave me goose bumps. Thank you for sharing!

Old 12-05-2013, 12:38 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,913 times
I do believe God had His hand in this, but I have that bothersome voice too that says what about the others? What made this guy special?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:43 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:

God let them die. Why? No idea. He is in charge, though--he does what he wants. But he was kind to this one man and he let him live. Why? No idea.

God is good, though. He gives us what we don't deserve.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:17 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:

It is an awesome story. But the truth of the matter is that God intended for this man to not only live but for the others to die. God intended for the rescue and for every detail. And that is the same for all of us, whether a believer or not. God makes the unbeliever just as He makes the believer. ALL are under His control and serving His purpose. Look at some of Paul's perils:

2Co 11:21 I speak as concerning reproach, as though we had been weak. Howbeit whereinsoever any is bold, (I speak foolishly,) I am bold also.
2Co 11:22 Are they Hebrews? so am I. Are they Israelites? so am I. Are they the seed of Abraham? so am I.
2Co 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
2Co 11:24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
2Co 11:25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
2Co 11:26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
2Co 11:27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
2Co 11:28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
2Co 11:29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
2Co 11:30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.
2Co 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.
2Co 11:32 In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:
2Co 11:33 And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.

The great thing is that these perils give us a chance for us to demonstrate our Faith in God but also to demonstrate the Spirit we have been given by Christ in providing care and compassion to those in need.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:

God controls belief and disbelief whether you believe that or not - ;-)

Old 12-05-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I do believe God had His hand in this, but I have that bothersome voice too that says what about the others? What made this guy special?
That is a great and thoughtful question. It is a rational and logical question that should be asked. The answer is provided in the scriptures that God is a respector of NO ONE. But that God will harden who He desires and have Mercy on whom He desires.

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity