Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 03:28 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,445,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The reason people do not believe in the final salvation and reconciliation of all is because they truly do not believe the Gospel and it's good news. They do not truly believe that God justifies the ungodly:

Rom 4:5 and to him who is not working, and is believing upon Him who is declaring righteous the impious, his faith is reckoned--to righteousness:

If they did, they would know Jesus is the Saviour of the world:

1Jn 4:14 And we--we have seen and do testify, that the Father hath sent the Son--Saviour of the world;

What does any of this have to do with "souls" after life on earth?

Old 11-28-2009, 04:09 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,942,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
What does any of this have to do with "souls" after life on earth?
I'm worried about your soul...

You still have to tell me what happens...tell me...LOL

Old 11-28-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
I'm worried about your soul...

You still have to tell me what happens...tell me...LOL

Don't worry about mine brother, I am not worried about yours, but I am worried about the view you preach to the lost don't never accept Christ, especially here at this forum...there are many readers here that will never come to Christ because they feel they can live in their ways and still be saved in the end according to your views.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:48 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:
there are many readers here that will never come to Christ because they feel they can live in their ways and still be saved in the end according to your views.
How do you come to that conclusion ? . No one i know teaches or preaches you are saved no matter what , so live how you want. The good news is not a doctrine , it's a living word that changes us from the inside out.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:49 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,942,657 times
Quote:
Don't worry about mine brother, I am not worried about yours, but I am worried about the view you preach to the lost don't never accept Christ, especially here at this forum...there are many readers here that will never come to Christ because they feel they can live in their ways and still be saved in the end according to your views.
I was just having fun with you...

But in all seriousness, what you've said is not what I believe. I pray and hope that everyone comes to a full knowledge of the truth and to believe in the Gospel. My hope is for all to call on the name of Jesus (as Jehovah) for salvation and proclaim their faith in Him to all. Rom. 10:9-13.

But when the discussion turns to God's mercy and love for His creation, why should I deny it and say otherwise? The fact is, no one can come to Christ except through the drawing of the Father and Holy Spirit. Jesus told people this many times. Does this detract from their coming?

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 11-28-2009 at 06:42 PM..

Old 11-29-2009, 07:48 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,775,933 times
Quote:
Ironmaw...one question for you...

What and who does Rev 18:23 and 24 refer to?

It is not talking about people at all, it is talking about the mystery Babylon ...

Old 11-29-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
1 Peter 3:19 you look it up......
So if 1Pe 3:19 is referring to the fact that Christ preached to the spirits of dead people who were in hell that had died before he came to earth and not the fallen angels, and this is another reference to 1Pe 4:6 ... What about all the people on earth who died after Christ resurrected that had never heard the gospel, like the native Americans for example or many of the men and women in secluded tribes throughout the amazon even today, who would not hear the gospel preached until over a 1400 or more years later or who havent hear it yet even in our time? If that is only an event that took place in the past and cannot happen anymore as you stated above ... ?

Quote:
What does Revelation 20-22 preach about the wicked?
You look it up and study it well.
It teaches that they will be tested/purified(basanizo) by the lake of fire judgment. However the lake of fire is symbolic and not a literal eternally burning body of water on fire where people are tormented for ever or annihilated ...

Old 11-29-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
There are many readers here that will never come to Christ because they are told he will annihilate or torment the souls of their loved ones who never believed in the Gospel of Christ before they died and they are not willing to worship or bow down to someone like that, adn because they have a knowledge of what such beliefs cause men to do as the example of the inquisitions and the crusades bare witness of.

There are many who will come to Christ because they are hearing that God has saved will save their loved ones even though they didn't believe because he loves his enemies and devises means that his exiled be not banished from him(2Sa 14:14) ...

Whatever the case may be, all those who are chosen will believe ... And those who are not will not ... It is Christ in us that makes us believe and gives us faith and not our own carnal natures that believe and have faith.

You and all those who believe as you seek to extort the loyalty and conversion of men to Christ through threats and fear tactics, we seek to allow Christ to work through us to profess the love of God for all people and his desire to bring all people to the truth one way or another ...

Selah ...

Old 11-30-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
It is not talking about people at all, it is talking about the mystery Babylon ...
Let me rephrase;

Who is responsible for the blood of the prophets and saints, throughout scripture other than Mystery Babylon?

Last edited by sciotamicks; 11-30-2009 at 12:46 PM..

Old 11-30-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So if 1Pe 3:19 is referring to the fact that Christ preached to the spirits of dead people who were in hell that had died before he came to earth and not the fallen angels, and this is another reference to 1Pe 4:6 ... What about all the people on earth who died after Christ resurrected that had never heard the gospel, like the native Americans for example or many of the men and women in secluded tribes throughout the amazon even today, who would not hear the gospel preached until over a 1400 or more years later or who havent hear it yet even in our time? If that is only an event that took place in the past and cannot happen anymore as you stated above ... ?
Ironmaw..you have to hear the gospel first, then reject it.

Col 1:23 - Eph 1:13 - Col 1:5 - Heb 4:2

Quote:
It teaches that they will be tested/purified(basanizo) by the lake of fire judgment. However the lake of fire is symbolic and not a literal eternally burning body of water on fire where people are tormented for ever or annihilated ...
Basanizo? βασανίζω - Were not talking about Metal here, but souls. The application and exegesis of the subject is different from that of metal.

Like I said, I don't use fear tactics at all, but what I do here, is post the scripture, not the interpretation of men, either UR or not to proclaim the truth in it. Brimstone is Brimstone, and what you have as evidence to solidify what Brimstone has been applied to in the past scriptures, is that "nothing is left"...as in Sodom. Just smoke rising et al. Ashes...nada.

There are other definitions to βασανίζω which are used to apply to the souls of mankind, and that is "torture". Nothing more.

Your exegesis is erred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.