Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:50 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Thanks kat. I `ve always been interseted in NDE. It is intriguing that some seem to have out of body experiences and others don`t remember anything. I read a book once about it. An emergency room doctor set up experiments in hospitals rooms where patients were terminal. He placed cameras and items near the ceiling. Places where the person would have to be actually above the room near the ceiling to see them. He thought some NDE`s, where people would recall things that went on in the room, may have been from remembering what the doctor looked like or just not totally gone so they could still hear. But some people actually mentioned items that were hidden near the ceiling. They could have only have seen it from above. One guy mentioned an item that the doctor put out high on the ledge outside of the room. Another recalled what his family was doing and saying at their house miles away. I tend to believe that when you die, you cease until the resurrection,spiritually. It could be right after you die. When a person dies, they are outside of time. So I`m giving some considerable thought to the idea that everyone`s resurrection happens at their death. For example, when I die, it will be the resurrection for everyone, even the people who are still alive. I will see people that haven`t died yet being resurrected because I will be outside of time.
It`s like our memories can take us back in time but our bodies can`t go. Our mind can take us to another place in time but we are stuck in our bodies which are bound in time.
I`m not really sure what to make of NDE experiences. It just seems strange that some people don`t have them while others do. Like the doctor who wrote that book on NDE experiences. How could those people have seen and described items that could not be seen from the hospital bed? But others didn`t remember anything. I find death and life after death a very interesting topic.
I would agree that the resurrection is likely to play out the way you imagine...
It is interesting and utterly futile at the same time! I was googling and found this website. I haven't read through it all yet but the opening statement intrigued me:

"There is nothing more important to us as living beings than that we have something we can describe as a soul that continues to exist after physical death and is everlasting. For without this, it is all for naught and there was no point in existing at all for ultimately it does not matter if we live for a year or a trillion years if we do not have immortality. And in fact not having such would really be the ultimate cruelty."

The site is: Life after Death

Like I said... I haven't read it all so don't blame me if it is crazy...LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 12:33 AM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I would agree that the resurrection is likely to play out the way you imagine...
It is interesting and utterly futile at the same time! I was googling and found this website. I haven't read through it all yet but the opening statement intrigued me:

"There is nothing more important to us as living beings than that we have something we can describe as a soul that continues to exist after physical death and is everlasting. For without this, it is all for naught and there was no point in existing at all for ultimately it does not matter if we live for a year or a trillion years if we do not have immortality. And in fact not having such would really be the ultimate cruelty."

The site is: Life after Death

Like I said... I haven't read it all so don't blame me if it is crazy...LOL
Thanks for the link. I`m always interested in reading and learning what others have to say. If you come across anymore please post them. I pretty much know everything the church teaches on the matter. I was part of it for over 40 years. But in the last several years God has set me free from churchology and I want to learn the deeper spiritual things of God. A lot of the questions I`ve had for years have been answered once I gave up modern church teachings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity