Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:20 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times

Advertisements

Co-Savior Theology is the term I used to describe any doctrine whereby someone believes that in order to be saved it requires your own choice to accept Jesus Christ as savior.

This is a theology that is contrary to God's Word. Is your theology - co-savior theology?

Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 08:12 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Co-Savior Theology is the term I used to describe any doctrine whereby someone believes that in order to be saved it requires your own choice to accept Jesus Christ as savior.

This is a theology that is contrary to God's Word. Is your theology - co-savior theology?

Paul
Well no one is born a Christian, we have to make a choice, Jesus or no Jesus. But this does not mean I am a co savior.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:14 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:

Paul
How is it contrary to God's word?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
It's not.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Well no one is born a Christian, we have to make a choice, Jesus or no Jesus. But this does not mean I am a co savior.
It is if you believe it is YOUR choice. Does anyone really believe it was Pharoh's choice to let the Israelites go?

Paul

Old 08-06-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Because the carnal mind HATES God. So if we are Carnal there is NO CHANCE that we are going to ACCEPT God. Something has to change that comes EXTERNALLY.

Paul

Old 08-06-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
It's not.
Then tell me how does a carnal mind accept Christ?

Paul

Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Then tell me how does a carnal mind accept Christ?

Paul
The Holy Spirit

Old 08-06-2009, 08:42 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
All I know is this: Salvation comes by faith, and that not of itself; it is a gift from God.

Ok, fine, but what does that all mean?

The word most often translated as "faith" in the New Testament is the Greek word Pistis, which means to be persuaded of the truth of something. It's root word is Peitho, which means to be persuaded by the evidence. The analogy would be as in a court of law, where the jury looks at all the evidence and decides which side is telling the truth, based upon a preponderance of the evidence.

Therefore, true, saving faith is an intellectual decision arrived at by examining all the evidence of the existance of God, the veracity of Scripture and the reality of Jesus Christ. Having looked at that evidence critically, one must decide, or chose, to believe it and take action based upon that choice.

So, how is that a gift from God? Because all the evidence you need to make that decision is provided by God as a gift to anyone who will examine it. From the natural world to His Word to the changed lives of others to archaeology, He has provided enough evidence to put us all in the position of either chosing to believe it, or chosing to ignore it.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
The Holy Spirit
Sure but HOW does one get the Holy Spirit?

Paul
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity