Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 01:49 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Okay, a question for you...how do you : "hear from the Spirit" ?
Million dollar question, my friend - how did Abraham, Noah, Nathan, David, Solomon, Samuel, Elijah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Jonah, Haggai, Zechariah, Mary, Jesus, Saul of Tarsus and others hear His voice? To think that He cannot commune with His people is incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 01:51 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
If Jesus came back in AD 70 then that's over 1000 years ago....

We would be in this period now

Revelation 21

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The last red marks sums it up...and people are still dying, crying, etc

That is basically the point.

The kingdom of God grows with the wheat and the tares on earth.

Its also kind of hard to explain this as going on in heaven isn't it? People live a long time but they still die. That is the difference between earth and heaven though they are both new.

Isaiah 65
17 “ For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create;
For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing,
And her people a joy.
19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem,
And joy in My people;
The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her,
Nor the voice of crying.
20 “ No more shall an infant from there live but a few days,
Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days;
For the child shall die one hundred years old,
But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 They shall build houses and inhabit them;
They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 They shall not build and another inhabit;
They shall not plant and another eat;
For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people,
And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labor in vain,
Nor bring forth children for trouble;
For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the LORD,
And their offspring with them.
24 “ It shall come to pass
That before they call, I will answer;
And while they are still speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
The lion shall eat straw like the ox,
And dust shall be the serpent’s food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,”
Says the LORD.
The new Covenant no longer had a separate nation as in Israel. All nations are in the kingdom side by side with those that do not believe. In Israel all were in the covenant while anyone not of Israel was out side the covenant thus the weeds and the tares grow side by side as in Matthew 13 today.

It is also what is meant here.

Isaiah 65
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,
The lion shall eat straw like the ox,
And dust shall be the serpent’s food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,”
Says the LORD.
The grain grows side by side with the tares and the lamb and the wolf feed together here on earth as in every nation. The Christian nation also differs from old Israel in that we do not overcome by war but the new nation has beat its swords to plow shares. Christianity conquers through faith.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:54 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,589,971 times
that's prophecy...hasn't happened yet!

People are still dying...and people are still crying...and we haven't seen Jesus come down.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
yep the Jewish leaders are to be blamed but the Jews will always be God's people.

All the Apostles were Jewish..everyone who has written the books in the bible are Jewish...the first people that were called Christians were Jewish..144k will be Jewish...disciples were Jewish..

Even the 2 last prophets that will come are said to be Jewish.
They were blamed. The true Jews gave us the Gospel. I am not at all concerned about the outward circumcision either for faith or wrath since it has no relevance to Christianity 2000 years hence..

Philippians 3
2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation! 3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit,[a] rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, 4 though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: 5of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; 6 concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel,

Old 11-12-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
that's prophecy...hasn't happened yet!

People are still dying...and people are still crying...and we haven't seen Jesus come down.
They are dying in Isaiah 65. Did you not see that?

"For the child shall die one hundred years old,"

Old 11-12-2008, 02:00 PM

In the end all israel will be saved.

Also, the rapture hasn't occured.

AGAIN

People are dying...and they're not supposed to!

Jesus didn't come back! He will return!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
They were blamed. The true Jews gave us the Gospel. I am not at all concerned about the outward circumcision either for faith or wrath since it has no relevance to Christianity 2000 years hence..

Philippians 3
2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation! 3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit,[a] rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh, 4 though I also might have confidence in the flesh. If anyone else thinks he may have confidence in the flesh, I more so: 5of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of the Hebrews; concerning the law, a Pharisee; 6 concerning zeal, persecuting the church; concerning the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel,

Old 11-12-2008, 02:49 PM

Betsey has already answered the question here about whether rapture has happened or not.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...take-quiz.html

Jesus did not come back in AD 70

caso cerrado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
They are dying in Isaiah 65. Did you not see that?

"For the child shall die one hundred years old,"

Old 11-12-2008, 03:44 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Million dollar question, my friend - how did Abraham, Noah, Nathan, David, Solomon, Samuel, Elijah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Jonah, Haggai, Zechariah, Mary, Jesus, Saul of Tarsus and others hear His voice? To think that He cannot commune with His people is incorrect.

Really!!! And you place yourself in the same category as the above?
As for myself and my brethren, we are content to stick to the scriptures that were once for all delivered to the saints, and that contains all things that pertain to life and godliness !
It boggles my mind that some think they are so special that they are getting direct messages from the Spirit, while others who obey all that they have been commanded, and have been added to the church, never recieve any direct messages from the Spirit....
Also that there are so many conflicting messages being given by the Spirit! The Spirit of God that I read of in the Holy Scriptures does not spread confusion!

Old 11-12-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Really!!! And you place yourself in the same category as the above?
As for myself and my brethren, we are content to stick to the scriptures that were once for all delivered to the saints, and that contains all things that pertain to life and godliness !
It boggles my mind that some think they are so special that they are getting direct messages from the Spirit, while others who obey all that they have been commanded, and have been added to the church, never recieve any direct messages from the Spirit....
Also that there are so many conflicting messages being given by the Spirit! The Spirit of God that I read of in the Holy Scriptures does not spread confusion!
Hi Marianinark,

Well you know its hard to say since I try not to judge a servant that is not my own. However I did have a relative who is really a very wonderful women but she was sure God told her she was having a son and was to name him John. He turned out to be a girl so even with 50/50 it did not work out so I like to go to the scripture for the most part as well.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:19 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
This maybe off topic, but God still communicates with us today, through His Word, The Holy Spirit, people, and circumstances. The question is, are we listening. John 14:26 tells us that the Holy Spirit will enable us to discern truth from error.
1 Corth 2:10 "But we know these things because God has revealed them to us by His Spirit and His Spirit searches out everything and shows us even God's deep secrets".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity