Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 12:46 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Marianinark,

It is from a site called Biblegateway and they are embedded cross references. Perhaps I should make a change down the road. My Apologies if it is difficult to read.
Oh, okay. Biblegateway is a good site. Don't worry about me. It is probably not difficult for those with younger eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Not to distract from the thread, but if I really wanted to interpret end times, I surely wouldn't get bogged down in a religious course - rather hear from the Spirit.
Okay, a question for you...how do you : "hear from the Spirit" ?

Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
ok back on topic..

the rapture will be coming soon as a lot of signs haven't happened....and most important of all

Nobody saw Jesus return the same way he went up...

Old 11-12-2008, 01:12 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Sure let us.

The op begins:

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee (from) the (hour (Greek, hora- season) of (temptation (Greek, peirasmos- adversity or tribulation) which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Now imagine receiving this letter in Philadelphia.

Church in Philadelphia - Seven Churches - Biblical Anatolia (http://www.meandertravel.com/biblicalanatolia/biblical_anatolia.php?details=churchinphiladelphia &m=2&md=sc2 - broken link)

Revelation 3
7"And to the angel of the church in (T)Philadelphia write: (U)He who is holy, (V)who is true, who has (W)the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this: 8'(X)I know your [a]deeds Behold, I have put before you (Y)an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and (Z)have not denied My name.
9'Behold, I will cause those of (AA)the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie--I will make them (AB)come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that (AC)I have loved you.
10'Because you have (AD)kept the word of (AE)My perseverance, (AF)I also will keep you from the hour of (AG)testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole (AH)world, to test (AI)those who dwell on the earth.
11'(AJ)I am coming quickly; (AK)hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your (AL)crown.
12'(AM)He who overcomes, I will make him a (AN)pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the (AO)name of My God, and (AP)the name of the city of My God, (AQ)the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My (AR)new name.
13'(AS)He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'

So now basically we are to believe that this letter was not to them? How would you feel if someone sent you a letter saying they will do something for you while in reality they meant for it to be extracted from an archeology site or some such in a 1000 years, even while addressing you by name, that it was for another? I even noticed a few people in this thread were uncomfortable for even an hour waiting for a response. How by making this a promise to us by not even mentioning us BTW, does it not break a promise made directly to them?

So in reality what we have is those under persecution in the early days as we can plainly see get nothing while a wonderful reward is saved for us. How nice for us and with color TV too. Surely we are the first fruits.... especially in God's country the US of A.
Then it looks like some Jews are going to get whacked pretty hard. Jews that saw Jesus perform wonders? No. Jews that persecuted Christians? No. Jews that turned Jesus over to the Romans to be killed? No, Just some Jews today are going to get the utmost just because. Why exactly the utmost?

Old 11-12-2008, 01:17 PM

I agree with Mari...

It's hard to understand what you're writing, and what you're even writing about. I use bible gateway and when i pull up verses or chapters those symbols/commentaries do not appear.

Concerning the rapture..I know the 144k will be Jewish.

Quote:
Sure let us.

The op begins:

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee (from) the (hour (Greek, hora- season) of (temptation (Greek, peirasmos- adversity or tribulation) which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Now imagine receiving this letter in Philadelphia.

Church in Philadelphia - Seven Churches - Biblical Anatolia (http://www.meandertravel.com/biblicalanatolia/biblical_anatolia.php?details=churchinphiladelphia &m=2&md=sc2 - broken link)

Revelation 3
7"And to the angel of the church in (T)Philadelphia write: (U)He who is holy, (V)who is true, who has (W)the key of David, who opens and no one will shut, and who shuts and no one opens, says this: 8'(X)I know your [a]deeds Behold, I have put before you (Y)an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have kept My word, and (Z)have not denied My name.
9'Behold, I will cause those of (AA)the synagogue of Satan, who say that they are Jews and are not, but lie--I will make them (AB)come and bow down at your feet, and make them know that (AC)I have loved you.
10'Because you have (AD)kept the word of (AE)My perseverance, (AF)I also will keep you from the hour of (AG)testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole (AH)world, to test (AI)those who dwell on the earth.
11'(AJ)I am coming quickly; (AK)hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your (AL)crown.
12'(AM)He who overcomes, I will make him a (AN)pillar in the temple of My God, and he will not go out from it anymore; and I will write on him the (AO)name of My God, and (AP)the name of the city of My God, (AQ)the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God, and My (AR)new name.
13'(AS)He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'

So now basically we are to believe that this letter was not to them? How would you feel if someone sent you a letter saying they will do something for you while in reality they meant for it to be extracted from an archeology site or some such in a 1000 years, even while addressing you by name, that it was for another? I even noticed a few people in this thread were uncomfortable for even an hour waiting for a response. How by making this a promise to us by not even mentioning us BTW, does it not break a promise made directly to them?

So in reality what we have is those under persecution in the early days as we can plainly see get nothing while a wonderful reward is saved for us. How nice for us and with color TV too. Surely we are the first fruits.... especially in God's country the US of A.
Then it looks like some Jews are going to get whacked pretty hard. Jews that saw Jesus perform wonders? No. Jews that persecuted Christians? No. Jews that turned Jesus over to the Romans to be killed? No, Just some Jews today are going to get the utmost just because. Why exactly the utmost?

Old 11-12-2008, 01:27 PM

Default here it is one more time

let's hope everyone sees it

Jesus going up!!!!!

Acts 1
10And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Jesus coming down

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I agree with Mari...

It's hard to understand what you're writing, and what you're even writing about. I use bible gateway and when i pull up verses or chapters those symbols/commentaries do not appear.

Concerning the rapture..I know the 144k will be Jewish.
Hi renriq02,

What version are you using? The ASV seems to have the cross references. I don't necessarily endorse entirely the mss behind it but i prefer it to the NIV or KJV which I view as poor. Perhaps I will move to a NKJV there since I tend to like the Majority script as well as the eclectic perhaps even more so..

Old 11-12-2008, 01:31 PM

Default here's what happens afterwards

If Jesus came back in AD 70 then that's over 1000 years ago....

We would be in this period now

Revelation 21

1And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

The last red marks sums it up...and people are still dying, crying, etc

Old 11-12-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
let's hope everyone sees it

Jesus going up!!!!!

Acts 1
10And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Jesus coming down

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
20And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.
This is in judgment. This is quite a contrast to eagerly awaiting for salvation.

It seem pretty obvious who this is

Revelation 16
“ You are righteous, O Lord,
The One who is and who was and who is to be,
Because You have judged these things.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets,
And You have given them blood to drink.
For it is their just due.”

Luke 11
47 Woe to you! For you build the tombs of the prophets, and your fathers killed them. 48 In fact, you bear witness that you approve the deeds of your fathers; for they indeed killed them, and you build their tombs. 49 Therefore the wisdom of God also said, ‘I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they will kill and persecute,’ 50 that the blood of all the prophets which was shed from the foundation of the world may be required of this generation, 51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah who perished between the altar and the temple. Yes, I say to you, it shall be required of this generation.
52 “Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and those who were entering in you hindered.”
53 And as He said these things to them,[h] the scribes and the Pharisees began to assail Him vehemently, and to cross-examine Him about many things, 54 lying in wait for Him, and seeking to catch Him in something He might say, that they might accuse Him.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:47 PM

yep the Jewish leaders are to be blamed but the Jews will always be God's people.

All the Apostles were Jewish..everyone who has written the books in the bible are Jewish...the first people that were called Christians were Jewish..144k will be Jewish...disciples were Jewish..

Even the 2 last prophets that will come are said to be Jewish.

Quote:
This is in judgment. This is quite a contrast to eagerly awaiting for salvation.

It seem pretty obvious who this is

Revelation 16
“ You are righteous, O Lord,
The One who is and who was and who is to be,
Because You have judged these things.
6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets,
And You have given them blood to drink.
For it is their just due.”
Luke 11
47 Woe to you! For you build the tombs of the prophets, and your fathers killed them. 48 In fact, you bear witness that you approve the deeds of your fathers; for they indeed killed them, and you build their tombs. 49 Therefore the wisdom of God also said, ‘I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they will kill and persecute,’ 50 that the blood of all the prophets which was shed from the foundation of the world may be required of this generation, 51 from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah who perished between the altar and the temple. Yes, I say to you, it shall be required of this generation.
52 “Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and those who were entering in you hindered.”
53 And as He said these things to them,[h] the scribes and the Pharisees began to assail Him vehemently, and to cross-examine Him about many things, 54 lying in wait for Him, and seeking to catch Him in something He might say, that they might accuse Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity