Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do if you began to have visions from God?
I'm a Christian and I would share them 35 61.40%
I'm a Christian and I would not share them 7 12.28%
I'm not a Christian, but I would still share them 4 7.02%
I'm not a Christian, and I would not share them 2 3.51%
I don't believe in God or visions 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:43 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,135 times

Advertisements

It took me eight years before I made my decision. I knew that everybody would question. I figure since we are in the 21st century that it was time, but there is a problem with, these visions are very, very strong. I always try to ask God about them. I keep hearing, to use my own instincts over and over again. If I had something imports that belongs to the people do they not have the right to hear them. I am not a fortuneteller I am human just like you with many faults. I too love Jesus Christ is it so wrong to love you as well. Maybe I must to handle this without thinking but something has to be right. I feel that there is a huge boat sailing towards us and we missed the boat will be stranded. Am I not my brother's keeper.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:46 AM

322 posts, read 737,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
It took me eight years before I made my decision. I knew that everybody would question. I figure since we are in the 21st century that it was time, but there is a problem with, these visions are very, very strong. I always try to ask God about them. I keep hearing, to use my own instincts over and over again. If I had something imports that belongs to the people do they not have the right to hear them. I am not a fortuneteller I am human just like you with many faults. I too love Jesus Christ is it so wrong to love you as well. Maybe I must to handle this without thinking but something has to be right. I feel that there is a huge boat sailing towards us and we missed the boat will be stranded. Am I not my brother's keeper.
I think we should not overburden ourselves. The LORD does not give us gifts for the purpose of weighting us down to the point of utter despair.

Consider Noah, who received grace, and who prepared the ark in the midst of a wicked and perverse people. None of them had the foggiest clue that their life would soon end by an overwhelming flood. GOD kept it hidden from their eyes.

Noah must have felt sorry for them. But he knew he had his orders and had to stay focused on the task at hand. We do for others what we can, but trust the LORD, that He rules over all creatures and will have mercy upon whom He will have mercy.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:53 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,567 times
Blessings to you all dear brothers and sister in Christ Jesus. First of all, what I'm doing up so late is beyond me (smile) but there is something I would like to share. I'm reading through this entire post and I'm crying while posting. I'm crying for two reason: One, throughout this entire post, there's such an agreement about dreams and visions, a oneness. For the most part, everyone has given some great advice and there was'nt discord among the brethrens. Glory to God. Two, a sought of sadness for the unbelievers that just won't commit their lives to Christ.

I too stand in agreement with others, that we must first seek the advice of the Holy Spirit, and our pastors as to what we are to say and do about our vision and dreams. But don't waste time in doing so, something is coming. I have been feeling like this for quite a while, it's even more intensified with the passing of my mom. I thought it was the actual death of my mother, that was this impending thing that I was feeling, but it's not. I am so grateful that the Lord has seen it fit to take mom now. Do you understand where I'm coming from? I keep hearing these words, "Woe be unto you, inhabitants of the earth." So I looked it up and it read in it's entirety: " Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time." (Rev. 12:12).

Friends, it's not by coincidence or chance that we all are feeling the same thing. Time is short....people. Clocks ticking down.

Oh Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder, consider all the worlds Thy hand have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, Thy pow'r throughout the universe displayed.
Then sing my soul, my Saviour God to Thee, How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sing my soul, my Saviour God to Thee, How great Thou art , How great Thou art!!!!!

We are almost home. Glory to the Most High! We must tell others, I urge you. I don't know about you, but I can't be worried about what people think about me. Thats not important right now. Don't hesitate to share what the Lord has laid on your hearts. God does'nt wish that any should perish. No not one, so if you can reach one, bring them in. Come while there's still time. While we are still under grace. God bless you all.

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 11-02-2008, 08:45 AM

Lightbulb Obama

Hello and greetings to you

It is Sunday morning and about 4 a.m. two days away the next president to be elected. I had another vision this time it was him Obama,I saw him laying in a hospital bed and he was wounded there were two with three people with Him, as he was laying in bed we were watching the television, as I watched the television I saw public figures, they set we will elect a new president. I looked at Obama and I said they are talking about you again and they want to replace you. He got upset and got off the bed and got dressed and rushed to a huge building, as he approached it the public figures they came out and said we will support you. Then he set I will take up to the sky and run the country from their. What does it mean there are two left before election?

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-02-2008 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: Adjusting letter

Old 11-02-2008, 09:09 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
It took me eight years before I made my decision. I knew that everybody would question.

I figure since we are in the 21st century that it was time, but there is a problem with, these visions are very, very strong. I always try to ask God about them. I keep hearing, to use my own instincts over and over again. If I had something imports that belongs to the people do they not have the right to hear them. I am not a fortuneteller I am human just like you with many faults. I too love Jesus Christ is it so wrong to love you as well. Maybe I must to handle this without thinking but something has to be right. I feel that there is a huge boat sailing towards us and we missed the boat will be stranded. Am I not my brother's keeper.
I'm confused.

You said in one post that you got saved in 2002.
Then, you said in another post that you'd been in seminary for 8 years... studying Greek Theology.
For one thing, from 2002 until 2008 is not 8 years.

You must have been having strong "visions" while in seminary (at the Radio School of the Bible in Oakland, California) studying Greek and Christian Theology
- prior to getting saved.

I'm just trying to understand.

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-02-2008 at 10:35 AM..

Old 11-02-2008, 09:44 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,140 times
...If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. REVELATION 3:3

A little over three years ago, the Holy Spirit began to tell my husband to quit his job and to move us to this area that we now live. My husband did not want to move or quit his job. So we began to fast and pray to see if he was hearing from the Holy Spirit. The more we prayed the more convinced we became that he was hearing from the Holy Spirit. So we started looking into this area, where we had never been before. Two years later we finally found a place we believed the Holy Spirit was leading us to. We put all of our savings down on the property and in faith we bought things for our new place. The deal fell through. We lost all our money and we thought we had missed God. A lot of tears and heartache! Long story short, 10 months later we moved into the very same house for less money than originally we were going to pay. We have seen the hand of God in this through the whole trial.

Just yesterday my husband met a guy at the grocery store. He was from Memphis and as they talked he said the Lord had sent him here because of the judgements about to fall on America and the world. I would encourage everyone to prayerfully listen to the Holy Spirit and to any dreams or visions you may have. God may be trying to save you or someone else. God bless.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:50 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Amen, sandgirl.

I absolutely believe in visions and dreams, the Gifts of the Spirit and in the leading of the Holy Spirit in a believers life.
I have known His presence and His leading in my life for many years.
I've seen visions and I've had dreams that were from God.

But, I also know this.

We are to judge all things by the Word of God.

In God there is no darkness.

God is not the author of confusion.

Last edited by World Citizen; 11-02-2008 at 10:09 AM..

Old 11-02-2008, 11:17 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Okay, this is going to sound truly horrible, but...

My best friend had visions three years ago. They were as clear as day and happened while she was fully awake. It turns out she had a brain tumor. It was benign. She had most of it removed.

Yes, you may be having visions, but truly, for your own health, you should get yourself checked out physically, just in case.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:59 AM

Lightbulb Born again

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I'm confused.

You said in one post that you got saved in 2002.
Then, you said in another post that you'd been in seminary for 8 years... studying Greek Theology.
For one thing, from 2002 until 2008 is not 8 years.

You must have been having strong "visions" while in seminary (at the Radio School of the Bible in Oakland, California) studying Greek and Christian Theology
- prior to getting saved.

I'm just trying to understand.
My daughter was born in the year 1997 three years have passed on the third year in the spring of 2002 I had this discerning urge to confess. In year 2002 that the year I gave myself to Christ's, but in the year 1999 the visions began. The one I just posted was in the year 2002 since then they got more intense until today and have not stopped. In year 1998 I began my studies, In year 2002 I enrolled in the Bible classes. So in this sense it is about eight years. Look like Satan is trying to destroy me, not you put him.

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-02-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: Adjusting Spelling

Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Okay, this is going to sound truly horrible, but...

My best friend had visions three years ago. They were as clear as day and happened while she was fully awake. It turns out she had a brain tumor. It was benign. She had most of it removed.

Yes, you may be having visions, but truly, for your own health, you should get yourself checked out physically, just in case.

You always have such fascinating stories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.