Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do if you began to have visions from God?
I'm a Christian and I would share them 35 61.40%
I'm a Christian and I would not share them 7 12.28%
I'm not a Christian, but I would still share them 4 7.02%
I'm not a Christian, and I would not share them 2 3.51%
I don't believe in God or visions 9 15.79%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,455,611 times

Advertisements

I do not believe there is anything in Bible Scripture about 1111. If anyone knows of any such scripture, please post. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:56 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,650,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
I read most of the site you listed. Does it say anything in the bible about this? I've been looking and have been unable to find it since last night. I believe everything that is believed should be scripturally based, as i'm sure you do also. Just point me to it. And I will read.
That's my concern with it also. The site seems to be more about karma than God's angels or God. I mean, where did they get this information? When I said I was going to do research, I meant Biblical research. But just because there is not a specific reference to that specific number, does not mean that it isn't from God. I think it is a warning of some sort, and plenty of people are seeing it but severely misunderstanding and making up stuff as to what it means.

Now Sherry, let's talk about this biblically based thing. You're being a little contradictory in your posts. Can you say that every single dream you have had that you shared and came true was biblically based? I think you may be walking a fine line between two spiritual realms, and one is not of God. I think it might be wise to do as one poster suggested, and pray for God to take away the ones that are not of Him. Predicting the future through dreams that have nothing to do with God are highly questionable.

I'm not trying to be critical, but there is definitely some inconsistency in what you are saying. I think you may have a gift, but it needs to be refined through much prayer. I do not feel I have a gift in this area, my experiences are extremely isolated. But I do feel like part of what I was given needed to be shared, after much prayer. If God gives me more, then that's fine, I'm not discounting it. But that doesn't mean I'll share it. God will not take away your gift unless you misuse it. Be careful, that's all I'm saying. God bless.

Old 11-17-2008, 03:55 PM

852 posts, read 1,368,296 times
I don't feel I've misused it. I genuinely feel that even the first dreams were from God. Although they were not what I would call biblical in nature. He made his point by showing that what he gave me could truely come true. Now as I received this other dream which is definitely biblical in nature I do not see how I can even possibly consider that it won't happen since he has already proved to me that each dream he gave me in the past did come true. As my pastor pointed out to me it doesn't state in the bible that each dream given to a person will be biblical, it simply states that people will be able to prophecy. I don't have all the answers. I only know what has happened to me. I know that since my pastor has said this to me that I can think of at least 4 people who have started coming to church because I had told them of a dream before it actually happened. This is great. This is wonderful. At the time that I had told them, I had not even really considered that it was a gift from God. I just knew that sometimes that happened to me. They and my pastor are the ones who said I should consider this a possibility. After considering this possibly, then I received the other dream. Coincidence? Don't know for sure. But does anyone. I do agree on one thing though. I believe since these people on this website don't really know me, it is not a good place to talk about them. I can even see that you would really have to know me to see that what I'm saying is true. I made a thread just for people who had dreams that came true in order to see if any other people had even had this happen to them. So far no one has responded--except smart alecks, so I am assuming it is not very common at all. I will definitely take the advice of praying about the dreams. I do so everyday anyway. It is not a matter that I take lightly at all. I have never prayed that if they were not from God to take them away though. I just assumed that they were.
I am going to ask my pastor what he thinks of the numbers 1111. Maybe he will have some insight---and maybe not---but it won't hurt to ask.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:30 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,165,756 times
I just did a google search on the number 1111, and that is what I found. I posted 2 different sites listing anything having to do with "visions" or the number itself. Sorry if I confused anyone, but maybe God is trying to tell you something that you don't "see" as Truth? Is there more to it? Or is it a "devils" vision not having anything at all to do with God, and Satan is trying to stir up your heart? I honestly don't know, but pray in all earnestly for the answers.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I don't feel I've misused it. I genuinely feel that even the first dreams were from God. Although they were not what I would call biblical in nature. He made his point by showing that what he gave me could truely come true. Now as I received this other dream which is definitely biblical in nature I do not see how I can even possibly consider that it won't happen since he has already proved to me that each dream he gave me in the past did come true. As my pastor pointed out to me it doesn't state in the bible that each dream given to a person will be biblical, it simply states that people will be able to prophecy. I don't have all the answers. I only know what has happened to me. I know that since my pastor has said this to me that I can think of at least 4 people who have started coming to church because I had told them of a dream before it actually happened. This is great. This is wonderful. At the time that I had told them, I had not even really considered that it was a gift from God. I just knew that sometimes that happened to me. They and my pastor are the ones who said I should consider this a possibility. After considering this possibly, then I received the other dream. Coincidence? Don't know for sure. But does anyone. I do agree on one thing though. I believe since these people on this website don't really know me, it is not a good place to talk about them. I can even see that you would really have to know me to see that what I'm saying is true. I made a thread just for people who had dreams that came true in order to see if any other people had even had this happen to them. So far no one has responded--except smart alecks, so I am assuming it is not very common at all. I will definitely take the advice of praying about the dreams. I do so everyday anyway. It is not a matter that I take lightly at all. I have never prayed that if they were not from God to take them away though. I just assumed that they were.
I am going to ask my pastor what he thinks of the numbers 1111. Maybe he will have some insight---and maybe not---but it won't hurt to ask.
I don't think it's all that common either, but that doesn't stop all of these wannabes from pretending that they can see into people's futures just to make a buck!! I've never experienced what you have, so I can't judge or really have good advice that will help...but I DO believe you have a gift that can be used for God's purpose so talking with your Pastor is the best thing possible in this case.

And because people are coming to church because you shared what you did.....well, that's confirmation right there that your gift is from God. I just know how Satan can try to mess with our thoughts but you sound like you know what to do to keep that from happening to you. Don't worry about the sarcasm and snide remarks from the other thread because there are lurkers waiting to pounce on something like that...trust me, I know!! You keep doing what you are doing, and you will use your gift in the way God intended.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:07 PM

852 posts, read 1,368,296 times
TDOL
Thank you for those encouraging words. After a day like today all I wanted to do was cry. And I really don't see how you kept from it. I went to bed earlier and prayed (silently). I thought about it again and I got up and went to another room and prayed audibly--isn't there sopposed to be a difference? And are prayers sopposed to between only you and God? --prayers like these, I mean. I am always on edge and am always wondering what will happen tonight when I go to sleep. That's silly I know as the dreams don't happen on what I'd call a regular basis. Through prayers and studying I will get through this. This is something that I have wanted to happen. why? I don't know. Every since I was little I always prayed that the only thing I wanted to do in life was help people. By seeing things I could help many people---those people who want to be helped that is. I just pray he picked the right person to do the job...that I am strong enough to stand up against the scoffers...who are downright brutal at times. It hurts my heart when I hear one denounce faith in God. I do not want to drive people to do that. That is why I feel maybe I shoudn't be posting here. Like I said before, the people who know me know what is happening from a first hand experience and when they tell others I am never met with "hatred." Some may patronize me I'm sure....but never hatred. They all know me as an intelligible Christian business person with a loving family.

okay okay...enough of the whoa is me. Tomorrow will be a better day in a different light.
I was serious about looking up the 1111 though. Surely there has to be something in the Bible referring to it. Maybe not in that specific number formation. I've thought a little. You know there are four angels who go to the four corners of the world...just a thought--first thing that popped into my head. He will send them out one at a time. Have you thought anymore about it?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
TDOL
Thank you for those encouraging words. After a day like today all I wanted to do was cry. And I really don't see how you kept from it. I went to bed earlier and prayed (silently). I thought about it again and I got up and went to another room and prayed audibly--isn't there sopposed to be a difference? And are prayers sopposed to between only you and God? --prayers like these, I mean. I am always on edge and am always wondering what will happen tonight when I go to sleep. That's silly I know as the dreams don't happen on what I'd call a regular basis. Through prayers and studying I will get through this. This is something that I have wanted to happen. why? I don't know. Every since I was little I always prayed that the only thing I wanted to do in life was help people. By seeing things I could help many people---those people who want to be helped that is. I just pray he picked the right person to do the job...that I am strong enough to stand up against the scoffers...who are downright brutal at times. It hurts my heart when I hear one denounce faith in God. I do not want to drive people to do that. That is why I feel maybe I shoudn't be posting here. Like I said before, the people who know me know what is happening from a first hand experience and when they tell others I am never met with "hatred." Some may patronize me I'm sure....but never hatred. They all know me as an intelligible Christian business person with a loving family.

okay okay...enough of the whoa is me. Tomorrow will be a better day in a different light.
I was serious about looking up the 1111 though. Surely there has to be something in the Bible referring to it. Maybe not in that specific number formation. I've thought a little. You know there are four angels who go to the four corners of the world...just a thought--first thing that popped into my head. He will send them out one at a time. Have you thought anymore about it?
Hey Sherry,
Don't think I didn't cry....when I first started the other thread where I actually shared my vision, if you read any of the responses you know it was unbelievably brutal. CD actually came to me and asked if I wanted to close it because of the horrible responses. I'm glad this one was left open though so we have had a chance to discuss all of this.

Is this the right place to share something like that? I think it most definitely is now, but going through all of that at the time put serious doubts in my mind. But we all know that was just Satan at his worst using those people, and after time I came to realize that God put me at this forum for a reason. I'm just the messenger and so are you, but that doesn't mean people won't want to shoot us!!!

Let me tell you what I have gained from CD and maybe that will help. I'll be honest, when I first started I would get so horribly offended and it would make me feel terrible and I would cry. I went through thoughts of "God wouldn't want me to put myself through this" or "these people have hardened hearts and God has turned them over to their sin so there's no use", or "I'm wasting my breath because absolutely no one is listening or reading".

I stepped away, but I kept being pulled back. What I found is my skin had thickened. I wasn't taking it so personal anymore. The only time I really get offended or angry is at blasphemy against God. I have a sharp tongue and can be full of sarcasm, so I've learned to reel that in somewhat unless it's justified holy anger. I've learned the difference between Holy anger and fleshly anger. Still fall victim to my flesh sometimes, but CD let's me know by way of infractions when I do that.

Overall I think God has meant for it to be a growth experience for me in so many ways. I'm also here to spread the gospel, and I don't hold back anymore. God is so wonderful, and it never ceases to amaze me how He can turn something so ugly into something so beautiful.

Then, I started getting confirmation from the true Christians on the board, and found that it's a small group but there are some fantastic people here. God prompts them sometimes to come to the board to rescue other Christians who are getting bombarded, kind of like you did with me in that other thread in the R&P. Yes, I noticed, and thank you. ILNC has done that for me several times, and I try to do it for others also.

Then, I started getting rep points from people reading the board who aren't even members!! Some days it's full of the Spirit of God and it's wonderful, but most days (sadly) it's full of the devil. Then I started noticing the amount of posts in a thread as opposed to the number of readers. It's a stark contrast, and I came to realize that it takes a whole lot of "holy guts", if you will, to even post on this board. It's like throwing a lamb into a lion's den. People are indeed full of curiosity, so this board is being read by thousands of people, all over the world!!! How amazing is that? I've even received dm's from people around the world who encourage me, but do not participate.

So what I'm saying is you have a lot to offer, and you've shown courage and "guts" just by becoming a member and not holding back in posting what you really believe. Don't let this extreme negativity keep you away....let that be God's decision, and He will take care of the rest. The minute I feel God wants me to leave this alone is the minute I will. But no devil of a poster is going to be the cause of it because that's just giving Satan more power.

And about the 1111 thing.....I'm going to get to the bottom of it, and so is PG77. We will not let this turn into some kind of "karma and reincarnation thing" because that's not what it is. And what you said about the four corners of the earth and the angels really makes sense so I'm going to go in that direction and see where God leads me. I think PG77 was right about it having to do with Angels, but heavenly Angels not some spiritual nonsense that has nothing to do with God. Hang in there, kiddo....we all experience the same feelings and emotions, it's just really hard to see it in typed words. : cool: I mean, these help, but not a whole heck of a lot.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:24 PM

Numbers 11:11

So Moses said to the LORD, "Why have You afflicted Your servant? And why have I not found favor in Your sight, that You have laid the burden of all these people on me?

hmmm,,maybe "called"

Old 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Numbers 11:11

So Moses said to the LORD, "Why have You afflicted Your servant? And why have I not found favor in Your sight, that You have laid the burden of all these people on me?

hmmm,,maybe "called"
Maybe? In the research that I've done so far which is not much, I have found that this 1111 thing is a worldwide phenomena. It's HUGE. I'm relieved in a way because it's not just me or PG77, it's millions it seems. There's definitely something to it, but I'm leaning towards the Angels being really close now, and it's their way of communicating with us to be looking up, our time draws near.

I said in another post (somewhere) that I can feel their presence and that there is great commotion in heaven taking place right now, and I really feel that and believe it. It's what all of us (Christians) have been feeling, and some have even started threads about it. It IS in the air, literally.

There's a pretty good Christian site that I found, but they are also too accepting of the numerology and "new agey" thing as I found out by further reading of their site. But the first page was a good start and really all that needs to be read. Something really weird happened when I found what I thought might be a ligitimate site....I immediately got knocked off-line. That NEVER happens, because I have high-speed cable. I was immediately able to sign back on, but I could not find the site again and I looked through 50 pages of google stuff!!! Weird.

Just to highlight how huge this really is:
I found 2 songs so far with the title "11:11"
There is a movie titled 11:11
I found 4 or 5 sites (so far) dedicated solely to 1111 (not good, mostly numerology sites)
1111 is associated with terrorism
1111 has high importance in numerology
1111 is associated with Angels~~~~THIS ONE IS CORRECT IMO

No doubt people are seeing/experiencing it, but they are grossly misinterpreting it because they do not have God in their lives. I believe it's affirmation for the believer and a warning for the non-believer.

Doggonit, as soon as I find that site I'll post it. I'm not giving up that easy.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Maybe? In the research that I've done so far which is not much, I have found that this 1111 thing is a worldwide phenomena. It's HUGE. I'm relieved in a way because it's not just me or PG77, it's millions it seems. There's definitely something to it, but I'm leaning towards the Angels being really close now, and it's their way of communicating with us to be looking up, our time draws near.

I said in another post (somewhere) that I can feel their presence and that there is great commotion in heaven taking place right now, and I really feel that and believe it. It's what all of us (Christians) have been feeling, and some have even started threads about it. It IS in the air, literally.

There's a pretty good Christian site that I found, but they are also too accepting of the numerology and "new agey" thing as I found out by further reading of their site. But the first page was a good start and really all that needs to be read. Something really weird happened when I found what I thought might be a ligitimate site....I immediately got knocked off-line. That NEVER happens, because I have high-speed cable. I was immediately able to sign back on, but I could not find the site again and I looked through 50 pages of google stuff!!! Weird.

Just to highlight how huge this really is:
I found 2 songs so far with the title "11:11"
There is a movie titled 11:11
I found 4 or 5 sites (so far) dedicated solely to 1111 (not good, mostly numerology sites)
1111 is associated with terrorism
1111 has high importance in numerology
1111 is associated with Angels~~~~THIS ONE IS CORRECT IMO

No doubt people are seeing/experiencing it, but they are grossly misinterpreting it because they do not have God in their lives. I believe it's affirmation for the believer and a warning for the non-believer.

Doggonit, as soon as I find that site I'll post it. I'm not giving up that easy.
I am interested in this as well, as my "kinda" believing brother has had this phenom for many years now. He see this everywhere, and it seems that when he looks at a clock, at the time it always is 11:11. He has dreams about it, see receipts with it, and has his gas stop on more than one occasion at $11.11, and he has asked me about what it means. So, I am paying attention to what you all find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity