Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:00 PM

74 posts, read 264,691 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever had a waking vision and if you have, could you please share what you saw and what it meant? I've heard of people that have seen angels before they died, told to me by their family members. Anyone that thinks they have seen an angel could you share. I'm interested in waking visions and angel experiences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2008, 08:36 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
My daughter had 3.2 (stage) hodgkins disease when she was 17 years old..They used very aggressive chemotherapy on her because one tumor was pushing against her heart and another was just above her diaphragm..She was very sick and weak..While we were awaiting the results of her biopsies to stage the disease was the first time we saw it..One morning I was sitting in the living room facing the small hallway that led to two bedroons, a bath and a closet and another door that led to the stairway..I glanced towards Diana's bedroom door and I saw what we(the rest of the family) came to refer to as a white misty shadow..I was not afraid, shocked or amazed by what I was seeing..I had a tremendous sense of calmness, comfort and peace..It hovered near her door, then disappeared when I took my eyes away..We often saw this "angel" in Diana's room either at the head of her bed or at the foot near her closet, over the next year and a half until she went into remission..It brought her peace in her sickest, and most discouraging moments, and brought me comfort in knowing that whatever the outcome, my baby would never be alone..

Old 06-12-2008, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 15,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findaway View Post
Has anyone ever had a waking vision and if you have, could you please share what you saw and what it meant? I've heard of people that have seen angels before they died, told to me by their family members. Anyone that thinks they have seen an angel could you share. I'm interested in waking visions and angel experiences.
I, for the first time of in my life, had an experience, a waking experience seeing an angel, on different occasions, last night. I am still very shaken up about it, don't know quite who to talk to about it. I did speak with my husband, naturally, plus my parents and my sister... I am very amazed. I was very frightened, but at the same time, especially now being a little removed from the situation for some hours, trying to understand it. I wrote as much as I could remember down, which was a lot, as soon as I got up this morning. We adopted a child from Russia on March 25, 2006, her birthdate being June 12, 2004 and today is her birthday. Last night I let her sleep with us/she got to stay up super-late and it was about 12:15 that we went to bed....I excitedly cheering that it was her birthday and what not, just celebrating the moment and telling her that 6/12/04 was the best day of my life, the day that she was born, etc. Just a few hours later I had the experiences, two of them. If you want to call me, just send me an email and we can make arrangements to talk. I've taken some of the day off from work/I am an attorney/self-employed to spend with my child in celebration of her day and really now/to try to re-group, understand, and appreciated the gift of what I saw though have always been Christian and truly felt God's sunlight upon my face when I adopted, but my goodness what I saw was real, it was true, it is something that I many never be able to prove to impress upon someone as true, but it happened. I saw this threat in my I suppose-trying to ascertain the permaneters or what I experienced.... I do believe that the man that approached me woke me up/though I don't remember being poked or anything of that nature naturally. He was very distinguished/he had a "shroud" on/beautiful white layered clothing on... He looked about 40-42ish, pretty eyes, hair not quite to his shoulders but half-way there really,layered hair...sharp cheekbones, very distinguished. He was hovering above me about 10-13ish inches from my face, or so it seemed... It was silverish/shimmery in view-the entire experience-that I viewed. I do beleive that I saw some beams of light in conjunction therewith-anyway, I do believe with all sincerity that he wanted to speak with me, on both occasions. I got this because of the direct eye contact and his sense of wanting to speak with me which I got... But I was just so frightened. I am very disappointed in myself for my response, I was just so frightened/it was like my old brain just couldn't process the information. In any event, it happened to me. Maybe you and I could talk so you could help me understand what took place or what is going to further take place??? I'm not sure. My gut instinct is that this either angel, or someone who has passed...my gut instinct is that it is an angel... We have never had anything go on in the house/have lived here since 1999, the builder is our neighbor who was the only prior resident and he lived here with his family until they moved next door/their new house/lived here roughly 12ish years....? They are great people and in fact- good friends of ours. My gut instinct is that my little's birthday, she now being 4, we having her roughly 2 years/the angel or passed being, whom I did not recognize, was there to check on her/see her on her birthday. I'm not sure what they wanted to say to me. Just very coincidental timing/her birthday. Feel free to email me.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:19 PM

74 posts, read 264,691 times
Thank you for sharing Idean1973. There are many people that claim that they are seers and can see in the spirit realm. I've asked a couple of them if they see it right in front of them or just in their imagination? Almost all of them see in their imagination. No condemnation. I think thats great if it is from God and the gift is being used for his kindom. I however have had several waking visions. When I was a child the night my dad passed away there were lights moving in a circle in my room. I've read this may be angels. I didn't know I was ten. This experience was real and it means more to me now as an adult than when I was a kid. In the past I've had several awake visions. Some of them brought me great comfort. I pray that you increase in the seeing of angels and awake visions as I believe it is a gift from God. If he wants to speak to you this way you can be sure to see them again. Be blessed.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:28 AM

2 posts, read 15,838 times
I would love to send you my notes of what happened. This is the only time that this has happened to me. For the past two nights I have been with all of the lights on and struggling, to be honest with you, -struggling with the fear of an unworldly sight. When you say my imagination, I tell you that it was real, and that the angel, or so I believe him to be, looked human and as real as if he were right in front of me. With the fear somewhat subsiding, I have prayed about it extensively...I remembered one detail that I failed to process really at the time of my post or when it happened really. I do remember the 2nd time that a circle (or bubble sort of speak)-it was like a face that appeared to the right of the angel (much smaller in size), the angel looking more like a t.v. screen with him just there/pretty large, and by the way-I have a canopy bed, so when I say that he was hovering above me, I suppose it wasn't that high up to the ceiling b/c my canopy bed has a cloth covering on it, etc... So I believe that when they were leaving, I being in absolute fear and screaming....I did see a face, another man's face----I don't think that he was an angel, but maybe someone who had passed/I didn't recognize him, I believe that he was vising, maybe on little Aliona's b-day, I'm not sure. Could we speak it about on the phone? I think that this will help me process it. How do I handle the fear? Will the angel come back/or he? What does this mean for me, why me, why my life.... I have always been a Christian and Lord knows I'm not perfect, but I wouldn't characterize myself as a troubled soul by any means, just a working mother who loves her children (b/t/w: I got pregnant right after my husband and I adopted )), literally right after, after years of trying to have a child, with losses and what not, and after vast medical treatment and infertility treatments....
Something else has been on my mind too... I had literally 2 hours of sleep the night before, because of the fear of the unworldly sight...and I had avery busy day yesterday, very rough day...and throughout the day though I wondered, why don't atheists see these sights? Why me, who does believe? I would characterize myself as a very spiritual person, no question about that, but I have a friend that I grew up with in school who had a very troubled upbringing, and he is an atheist. Why not him? Why not this friend of mine who I have tried to touch, tried to help...
I would love to speak with you and send my notes that I typed up after getting out of the bed on Thurs. morning...
I thank you,
Leslie

Old 06-14-2008, 07:29 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,038 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by findaway View Post

My brother on his dying bed;
spoke of demonic imps that must have been short, and grotesque in statures
taunting him and harassing him, telling him to come with them down (him describing this as it was happening) somewhere in the floor, as he lay there pointing in the same dark corner each time. and cursing them out.
After we prayed with him, he managed to accept Christ, and I was told by my other family members that he didn't say anything else about or to these demons
But died in peace and unafraid (he was horrified by seeing them before this)

Old 03-14-2009, 02:15 PM

2 posts, read 15,234 times
I have had waking visions start just a few times when I was in my teens, then 3 yrs ago, god turned on this ability full time! Over the past 3 yrs, I have had over 800 of these and I have seen warrior angels once, many demons, and even neon color energies that try to write words to me. I have kept a journal of all these encounters and would love to write a book based on my journal. Just need someone who would help write this story for me. please reply

Old 03-14-2009, 02:26 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,518,757 times
no one to welcome this new aspiring member?

the smoking elder statesman i sometimes refer to says folks with visions should go see a doctor.

dunno if public opposition is opportune here.

oh, btw, perhaps Alpha, the kindest of all moderators here, can help you, he mentioned keeping a scrap book, not too long ago.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:44 PM

2 posts, read 15,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by effie briest View Post
no one to welcome this new aspiring member?

the smoking elder statesman i sometimes refer to says folks with visions should go see a doctor.

dunno if public opposition is opportune here.

oh, btw, perhaps Alpha, the kindest of all moderators here, can help you, he mentioned keeping a scrap book, not too long ago.

It is a God thing, and you would not know unless it happens to you. Pitty it didn't.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:02 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,518,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy1959 View Post
It is a God thing, and you would not know unless it happens to you. Pitty it didn't.
such god things do have a way of translating beforehand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity