Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 11:32 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,793,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I tried to warn you.
People need to get a sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 11:40 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,715,115 times
^
I agree wholeheartedly.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:57 AM

31 posts, read 41,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
It's no big deal to see Angels, I have seen them many times. In fact, thousands of people see them almost every day. Even newspapers and TV have reported on them and almost every day there are newspaper articles and TV reports about them, with pictures and live footage of Angels. In fact, I have seen Devils and even Satan himself. I don't understand why these would be considered "visions" though, it's very real. It would be like seeing a rattlesnake in the desert and saying it's a "vision" - no, it's not just a vision, it's very real.
ok I'll bite....what did Satan look like?

Budhabee

Old 05-19-2009, 07:22 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,307,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findaway View Post
Has anyone ever had a waking vision and if you have, could you please share what you saw and what it meant? I've heard of people that have seen angels before they died, told to me by their family members. Anyone that thinks they have seen an angel could you share. I'm interested in waking visions and angel experiences.
Well, I can't say that I have had a vision, but I took a picture one day of my living room and thought nothing of it. Then a couple of days I looked and stared at the picture and say a face. You could see the nose, eyes chin, hair. I asked everyone that I really knew what they saw and they said that they saw a face. I think that it might have been an angel. Sadly I can't find my phone to this day. I continue to look for my phone and hope that I find it one day.

I have also seen and heard angels in my dreams and I had heard them singing beautiful songs that I have never heard of in my life. I have even woke up singing the songs that I heard.

I have also seen demons in my dreams and they are very ugly and horrible looking.

I have friend that have seen demons in real life in their house and outside of the house. They have also seen angels outside of their door protecting them.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:07 AM

31 posts, read 41,344 times
Quote:
Has anyone ever had a waking vision and if you have, could you please share what you saw and what it meant? I've heard of people that have seen angels before they died, told to me by their family members. Anyone that thinks they have seen an angel could you share. I'm interested in waking visions and angel experiences.
Howdy Findaway....First of all I should say that this will get a lot of flack jack cause people dont believe in visions in GENERAL. Their are a few exceptions of course. I do not know what the church (all denominations) say about them really as to weather they believe they are possible or not so PLEASE PEOPLE....this is not to dump on your religion. I do not believe in prophetic visions of doom. I reckon I should admit that up front. But Angel Visions and OTHER visions are aok by me. I believe the people really had them and that they are possible. The reason I believe in them is because I have had them. I should tell you I am 60 years old. This has given The Creator lots of time to decide when and where and why to give them to me. But they have never been prophetic. Also I am talking about WAKING visions. I am not talking about visualization as in visualizing something which is all well and good for ideas of say...... painting a picture or say.....design. These visions were for PERSONAL development and for calm and comfort on occasion. Nothing more. No fiery hellish scenes of poor people condemmed because they didn't believe in Jesus. No end of the world judgements sorry to dissappoint. Gonna have to go somewhere else for that.

Budhabee

Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 AM

4 posts, read 6,246 times
in response to the initial thread, I had quite a striking visions some years ago ( 1983 ) this was a waking vision, an amazing looking man appeared, a flood of "higher vibrations" precipitated his coming, the whol;e thing was incredibly dramatic, he was very tall and thin with the most striking eyes you could ever imagine, these eyes were blazing with untold power, understanding and total, unconditional love, his look seemed to cut right through every defense, every blockage, he seemed to know who I was completely, from my very inception, through and through, he seemed to know everything I had ever thought or felt or done, his face was very striking, his long flowing white hair and beard, seemed to be flowing in the wind, and he seemed to be standing on some sort of mountain top,....
I n a dramatic blaze of glory, somehow in response to my tears, which came in the wake of his unbounded compassion he lifted up an arm and from his hand came a stream of shimmering silvery/white/golden light which entered my heart and washed away all tears and self loathing
the closest resemblance to this man would seem to be a mixture of people I have discovered along the way, ..the face from the Turin shroud / Osho Rajneesh / Meher Baba / Gurdjieff / J Krishanmurti. It might seem srange but this person seemed to be a mixture of all these people.
To those who would discount this, all I can say is that the reality of this was greater and more real that our ordinary day-to-day reality.
which seems impossible but was nontheless the case, in these situations all your entire existence is perceived all at once, all you are is shown in an instant, this is a measure of the reality / intensity of this reality.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:09 PM

74 posts, read 264,889 times
Thank you Jerry for sharing. For the jokers it cleary states in the Bible that there shall be mockers in the last days.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:46 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,524,138 times
Quote:
Thank you Jerry for sharing. For the jokers it cleary states in the Bible that there shall be mockers in the last days.

which should not stop any visions nor good visionaries altogether.

peace!

Old 06-16-2009, 05:18 AM

4 posts, read 6,246 times
thanks for the comment Ilene, I think you're correct in what you say, ( that it was Jesus )there certainly was no doubting at the time, the resemblance to the face in the Turin shroud was remarkable, ...The underlying message ( from Him ) seemed to be be that " whenever you are in great need, I will be there, to give love always and forever "
My problem was in feeling unworthy of such overwhelming love and compassion.
The feeling of reverence in me was immediate and total, I was less than dust under his feet, and the innate feeling pervaded in me that all one could and should do is serve the Lord totally always and forever.
It seemed strange that before this, there was no hint of such a being, but then, immedialtely, on seeing Him there was a kind of instant subservience to such a person, an immediate recognition that this was a great being who was to be surrendered to without question or doubt of any kind.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:32 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,629,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRY 302199 View Post
thanks for the comment Ilene, I think you're correct in what you say, ( that it was Jesus )there certainly was no doubting at the time, the resemblance to the face in the Turin shroud was remarkable, ...The underlying message ( from Him ) seemed to be be that " whenever you are in great need, I will be there, to give love always and forever "
My problem was in feeling unworthy of such overwhelming love and compassion.
The feeling of reverence in me was immediate and total, I was less than dust under his feet, and the innate feeling pervaded in me that all one could and should do is serve the Lord totally always and forever.
It seemed strange that before this, there was no hint of such a being, but then, immedialtely, on seeing Him there was a kind of instant subservience to such a person, an immediate recognition that this was a great being who was to be surrendered to without question or doubt of any kind.
You're welcome. I can see how we all might have trouble believing it was Jesus.....I don't feel worthy of such a visitation either. But the truth is (I'm still learning to accept this too) we are worthy now that we are in His Kingdom.

I love what you said about "instant subservience"...that's profound and priceless!! Hence the verse:

Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "

Once all experience Him, even those in hell will feel His love and power and will not have to be forced to fall to their knees in servitude. I'm still waiting for my dream of Jesus, but I did see His white horse!!

Here's a link to the dream I had:

I Was Visited by a White Horse Last Night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity