Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2012, 06:43 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,934,989 times

Advertisements

I hear many christians say
The Lord gave them a Vision about something.

As, them EnVisioning it in their Mind.
Which is not the same thing as a Vision.

- And when those of Bible times spoke of Visions?

It was an Event of the supernatural Spirit World
becoming Visable to their eyes and or to their ears.
Even sometimes other seeing and or hearing the Vision as well.

So when a christian says The Lord gave them a Vision?
Ask them what the Event was
which they saw with their eyes and or, heard with their ears.

Because those of Bible times did not use the word Vision
for events Imagined/Envisioned.

- The reason the usage of the word Vision has become a study word for me?
Is because over the years I've seen Visions with my eyes and or heard with my ears.
And a couple of times even the people with me saw them too.

And although the reason for this events may not have been known to me at the moment?
I kept asking The Lord why and what this was that kept happening to me.

Last week it came to me that it was because, I was Experiencing Visions from The Lord.

So me and some others started looking up the usage of the word Vision in the Bible.
Only to find out that Visions were always about spiritual events being real.
They did not use the word Vision to express an Idea of what they intended to do for God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 04:32 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,024,985 times
One vision Simon Peter had in Acts 10 : 9-18.... Peter went up on the housetop to pray about the sixth hour, were he became very hungry, and would have eaten, but while they made ready, He fell in to a trance...... And saw heaven open and a certain vessel descending in to him , as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth .... Where were all manner of four footed beast of the earth nd wild beast, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.... And there came a voice to him . Rise, Peter , Kill, and eat..... But Peter said Not so Lord for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean...And a voice spoke to him again a second time ....``What God has cleaned, that call not you common``....... See this vision from God was teaching Simon Peter to change a doctrine that he had which says ``Only Jews could be saved , and the rest of the people or gentiles were unclean and not acceptable to the Lord ``....... For the Gentiles which were not Jews were being Cleansed and saved through Jesus Blood ......... When we get visions from God then they would be in color and you probably will remember the vision........ When the dark spirit of demons gives visions and dreams there could be a lead into sin or deception and many are in black and white ...... Then there are occult spirits and gnosis spirit which bring vision in color , but need to discern the message for righteousness , and these messages could bring lying spirits or deception , best to rebuke all vision in Jesus name and ask Jesus spirit for discernment ...... Where if the Lord visions then He could teach something for His interest and your interest , which will lead you in to a working faith

Old 06-18-2012, 06:02 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,841,188 times
While studying Daniel this past week, I wondered why Daniel received some visions (End Time and other) ... that were subsequently explained by God (eg; Chapter 7- nations). I thought, 'Why not simply go to the revealed prophecy, and bypass what often seems like an obscure vision?' Then it occurred to me that Biblical visions are a lot like 'signs' that point to something else, but, are not themselves the event.

Also, Biblical visions, particularly in escatology, are a type of 'spiritual shorthand' that explain a circumstance or event ... without an extensive detailed explanation. For example, there are many visions, signs and symbols in Revelation that convince some that "Revelation is just too complicated to understand." Yet, almost every one is explained elsewhere in scripture, if one knows where to look.

Perhaps terms like 'visions', 'Word of Knowledge' and 'prophecy' are over-used in some circles today, but, remember, we are living in an interesting and exciting time, during which many ancient 'End Time' prophecies are being fulfilled.

Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
One vision Simon Peter had in Acts 10 : 9-18.... Peter went up on the housetop to pray about the sixth hour, were he became very hungry, and would have eaten, but while they made ready, He fell in to a trance...... And saw heaven open and a certain vessel descending in to him , as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth .... Where were all manner of four footed beast of the earth nd wild beast, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.... And there came a voice to him . Rise, Peter , Kill, and eat..... But Peter said Not so Lord for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean...And a voice spoke to him again a second time ....``What God has cleaned, that call not you common``....... See this vision from God was teaching Simon Peter to change a doctrine that he had which says ``Only Jews could be saved , and the rest of the people or gentiles were unclean and not acceptable to the Lord ``....... For the Gentiles which were not Jews were being Cleansed and saved through Jesus Blood ......... When we get visions from God then they would be in color and you probably will remember the vision........ When the dark spirit of demons gives visions and dreams there could be a lead into sin or deception and many are in black and white ...... Then there are occult spirits and gnosis spirit which bring vision in color , but need to discern the message for righteousness , and these messages could bring lying spirits or deception , best to rebuke all vision in Jesus name and ask Jesus spirit for discernment ...... Where if the Lord visions then He could teach something for His interest and your interest , which will lead you in to a working faith
- Glad for the interest.
And we've talke about 'familar spirits' of 'mediums'.
The Medium of EnDor.

- But I don't know of any scripture of evil spirits
showing God's people visions, do you?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
While studying Daniel this past week, I wondered why Daniel received some visions (End Time and other) ... that were subsequently explained by God (eg; Chapter 7- nations). I thought, 'Why not simply go to the revealed prophecy, and bypass what often seems like an obscure vision?' Then it occurred to me that Biblical visions are a lot like 'signs' that point to something else, but, are not themselves the event.

Also, Biblical visions, particularly in escatology, are a type of 'spiritual shorthand' that explain a circumstance or event ... without an extensive detailed explanation. For example, there are many visions, signs and symbols in Revelation that convince some that "Revelation is just too complicated to understand." Yet, almost every one is explained elsewhere in scripture, if one knows where to look.

Perhaps terms like 'visions', 'Word of Knowledge' and 'prophecy' are over-used in some circles today, but, remember, we are living in an interesting and exciting time, during which many ancient 'End Time' prophecies are being fulfilled.

Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions.
- Over used, yes. And mis-used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity