Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 AM

110 posts, read 158,879 times

Advertisements

This is a question, and I Will Try to answer it, and I want to start a discussion about it with you guys and everyone.

First of all, I I will hurt anyone, I Ask the Almighty God to forgive my sins, and Everything is I Think...

I will now start and answering this question.

In Christianity, Anno 2008, there are about 204 christian denominations, who call themselves Churches or Christians, for example, the Roman Catholic Church.

In Christianity there are 8 Big Groups:

1. Anabaptism, for example Amish
2. Anglicanism, for example American Anglican Church
3. Assyrian, for example the Assyrian Church of the East,
4. Catholicism, for example the Roman Catholic Church
5. Eastern Orthodox, for example the Russian Orthodox Church
6. Oriental Orthodox, for example my church, the Syriac Catholic Church of Antioch
7. Protestantism, for example Reformed
8. Restorationism, for example Jehova´s Witnesses

Okay, these are the 8 Groups of Christianity, that Combine Christianity Altogether.

I belief, that every church, that has not 7 sacraments, in its belief, it is not the true church or church of God, and with that Church you cannot enter Heaven.

I think, and I think I am Right, that only the churches of Group 4 (Catholicism), Group 5 (Eastern Orthodox) and Group 6 (Oriental Orthodox) do have a proper use of the Seven Sacraments in their Church, with other sayings, I Mean, If a Church doesn´t have 7 sacraments, then with that church you cannot enter heaven, and I do belief so that only Catholic and Orthodox People (Group 4, 5, 6) can enter Heaven, based on the Seven Sacraments.

The One, who is in Group 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, are in great danger, I suppose, there are five points, which I think you can make it to heaven

1. First of all, You must be attached to a Church, who is belonging to the Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox or Oriental Orthodox, simply: you must be Catholic or Orthodox
2. Second you must have had the Sacrament of Baptism
3. Third of All you must have had the Sacrament of Confirmation
4. Fourd of All you must have had the Sacrament of Penance
5. Fifth of All you must have had the Sacrament of the Eucharist.

I want to explain to you, with Bible citations, why the Church, has got 7 sacraments, because Jesus Himself is the Establisher of the Sacraments of the Church, I belief.

Im looking forward to your replys, also tell me in which of the eight groups you are in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 10:14 AM

6. Oriental Orthodox, for example my church, the Syriac Catholic Church of Antioch

My church is the Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch, and I do not mean the Syriac Catholic Church, that is another Church, belonging to Catholicism.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:14 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,289,082 times
Who Has Got the Possibility of Entering Heaven?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I have to keep it simple because I don't know a lot of fancy terms. I didn't even know there were 8 groups.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:24 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,626,871 times
Ah yes, you are the young man who believes that only Catholics and Orthodox will go to heaven. Well, you are obviously very sincere, and certainly, you are entitled to your beliefs, but, oddly enough, I have never read in scripture where Jesus said that. In fact, he never mentioned denominations, or sacraments, at all, much less as prerequisites to get into heaven. I find it rather strange that, if Catholic and Orthodox churches were the only way to get to heaven, that Jesus didn't say exactly that.

However, in all fairness, I would be curious to read your arguments. I'd like to see where you get the idea that we must have seven sacraments, and be a Catholic or Orthodox. I'm always curious about what other people believe and why. By the way, what, exactly, is the difference between Catholic and Orthodox?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,583,497 times
Man! I think I will join Islam, it is much easier than this.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:30 AM

537 posts, read 1,324,165 times
God is in no group!!

Act 10:34Then Peter opened [his] mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Rev 18:4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:33 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,560,365 times
Please give scripture, chapters and verses. for "7 sacraments". Or even a scripture that mentions anything called a 'sacrament'.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:02 PM

Ok.

We will begin with the baptism.

Baptism is mainly based on this:

I think/Sorry

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Do you all believe this??

Old 09-04-2008, 12:05 PM

And tomorrow I will fly to Switserland, there is a Wedding, my Cousin, i will return on sunday, i think i will post more when it is monday ok...this is the first about the baptism, what do you all think about this, do you believe this one? OR NOT? and why you do or why you don´t?

Think/Sorry

Old 09-04-2008, 12:27 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,626,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West. View Post
Ok.

We will begin with the baptism.

Baptism is mainly based on this:

I think/Sorry

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Do you all believe this??
Baptism is an outward symbol; it has nothing to do with salvation. The thief on the cross was never baptized, and yet was assured by Jesus that he would be with him in Paradise. I see no indication in the passage you quoted that Jesus is telling anyone that they must be baptized in order to enter heaven. What I see is Jesus telling his disciples to baptize believers, and to teach them obedience. He said nothing about baptism being a sacrament, or a necessity for salvation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity