Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 11:41 AM

110 posts, read 158,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post
Here is my viewpoint. Absolutely every person in the universe has the chance to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven!

It is all a choice. I do not believe for one moment that any one denomination has more of a chance to get into Heaven than any other denomination. I see no support for this theory in the Bible!
See my comment above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 11:42 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,688 times
Neil! This is not a personal insult of any kind, but I am very glad that you are not the one who will be sitting in the Judgement Seat on Judgement Day. Many people can think many things, but you have not backed up any of your statements with scriptures and it seems very pretentious to me that you claim to know God's mind. You are treading in very dangerous waters trying to say that you know who is going to heaven and who is not. You are putting yourself up there with your Creator. Which, my friend is blasphemy!

Old 09-08-2008, 11:42 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West. View Post
I think and Sorry.

For Salvation, Again, there are five points important: So only four sacraments, and not all the seven.

I suppose, there are five points, which I think you can make it to heaven, I have said this one before, again i Say it, 4 sacraments are neccesary for salvation, not seven, but the church itself, must be/have 7 sacraments, that is point one/first of all:

1. First of all, You must be attached to a Church, who is belonging to the Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox or Oriental Orthodox, simply: you must be Catholic or Orthodox
2. Second you must have had the Sacrament of Baptism
3. Third of All you must have had the Sacrament of Confirmation
4. Fourd of All you must have had the Sacrament of Penance
5. Fifth of All you must have had the Sacrament of the Eucharist.
There is nothing we can do to enter heaven, absolutely NOTHING, since God descibes our good deeds as filthy rags.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 AM

The Baptism of John the Baptist

Howover this baptism came from heaven, it was still:

Luke 3:3

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

It was to the Jews to prepare them for the Messiah that they may accept him and it was simultanesously a sign of preparation for the christian baptism

Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:
Not every person. If you are not of an Eastern Orthodox Church, or Oriental Orthodox church or from a church that belongs to the Catholicism Christian Group, then you can forget it.
And I believe that statement is so far out there...I cannot even take this thread seriously... give me a break... that is crazy talk. Who are you to decide who makes it to heaven? Seriously? Where are these guidelines written out in black and white... those EXACT words that only those of Catholic/Orthodox origin of belief will make it through to the Kingdom of Heaven... God would not do that...those are not GOD'S Rules... AND THEY ARE NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH'S RULES... Please understand all Readers that this is NOT what the Catholic Faith Teaches... don't need crazy talk being used against the Catholic Church because of one out there statement....from someone who doesn't know what the heck they are actually talking about...these are rules he is pulling out of thin air... give me a break...really... That is so far fetched...As a Catholic I am SO annoyed right now.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
There is nothing we can do to enter heaven, absolutely NOTHING, since God descibes our good deeds as filthy rags.
Call for example an Roman Catholic Church Priest (Roman Catholics are part of a Good Church)

And have the Baptism, Confirmation, Penance, Eucharist, and know the meanings of all four of the sacraments, and take it with faith, hope and love. Than I think you will be saved.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
how do you know the thief was never baptized?

godspeed,

freedom
How do you know he was?

Old 09-08-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Call for example an Roman Catholic Church Priest (Roman Catholics are part of a Good Church)

And have the Baptism, Confirmation, Penance, Eucharist, and know the meanings of all four of the sacraments, and take it with faith, hope and love. Than I think you will be saved.
I have no clue how that relates to my previous statement. A person who is stuck in the desert, dieing with no water insight is pretty much out of luck?

Old 09-08-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
And I believe that statement is so far out there...I cannot even take this thread seriously... give me a break... that is crazy talk. Who are you to decide who makes it to heaven? Seriously? Where are these guidelines written out in black and white... those EXACT words that only those of Catholic/Orthodox origin of belief will make it through to the Kingdom of Heaven... God would not do that...those are not GOD'S Rules... AND THEY ARE NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH'S RULES... Please understand all Readers that this is NOT what the Catholic Faith Teaches... don't need crazy talk being used against the Catholic Church because of one out there statement....from someone who doesn't know what the heck they are actually talking about...these are rules he is pulling out of thin air... give me a break...really... That is so far fetched...As a Catholic I am SO annoyed right now.
Every Church that has not got 7 sacraments, is not a good church, or have them but dont use them in a proper way (Anglicanism).

Based on this, I only believe churches belong to
1. Eastern Orthodox
2. Oriental Orthodox
3. Catholicism

have the seven sacraments or use them in a proper way if they have them, all the others, including:

Assyrians, Anabaptism, Protestantism, Restorationism, Anglicanism, are not (true) Christians!!!

So again, first of all you must have 7 sacraments in your church/the church must have 7 sacraments, what do you think about that, do you agree?

Old 09-08-2008, 11:51 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,870,333 times
Quote:

Please, seriously, just stop... you are only harming the Catholic Church in this forum by posting this obnoxious nonsense... that is just not accurate... For everything that is good with our church we do not need you going around and throwing such insanity down for people to read and think it is a common belief of Catholics... IT ISN'T and I SUGGEST YOU KNOCK IT OFF... you are doing more harm than what good you might believe you are doing (though I don't understand how any good would come from your posts)... please just stop rambling on about such obnoxious nonsense...Your are giving The Chruch a black eye...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity