Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 AM

110 posts, read 158,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
I have no clue how that relates to my previous statement. A person who is stuck in the desert, dieing with no water insight is pretty much out of luck?
Maybe on the last day he will go to heaven (Group 3), so he goes to hell, but maybe with prayers...of others on Heaven..God will send him on the last day to heaven...so no...he is not all together lost if he dies, he must have been either good or bad...if he was bad...then hell..if he was good (Have had the four sacraments in the right church) than heaven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 11:53 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West. View Post
Every Church that has not got 7 sacraments, is not a good church, or have them but dont use them in a proper way (Anglicanism).

Based on this, I only believe churches belong to
1. Eastern Orthodox
2. Oriental Orthodox
3. Catholicism

have the seven sacraments or use them in a proper way if they have them, all the others, including:

Assyrians, Anabaptism, Protestantism, Restorationism, Anglicanism, are not (true) Christians!!!

So again, first of all you must have 7 sacraments in your church/the church must have 7 sacraments, what do you think about that, do you agree?
True Christians are believers and followers of Jesus Christ (Hence the name Christian!). I am a Bible believing Christian. I don't add to or take away from the Bible. I believe what it states clearly and plainly. That makes me a Christian. Thank you very much for trying to push your viewpoints on other people, but you are in no position to judge who is and is not a Christian.

Judge not, lest you be judged!

Old 09-08-2008, 11:54 AM

I just want that every person will make it to heaven, I don´t want anyone go to hell.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:55 AM

Or everyone that has the possibility of entering hell and heaven, i want that they all, enter heaven, not hell.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,867,167 times
Quote:
Maybe on the last day he will go to heaven (Group 3), so he goes to hell, but maybe with prayers...of others on Heaven..God will send him on the last day to heaven...so no...he is not all together lost if he dies, he must have been either good or bad...if he was bad...then hell..if he was good (Have had the four sacraments in the right church) than heaven
Seriously, are you Catholic? Because you need to go back to Religious Education Classes. I am going to restate my comment from before...

WHAT ABOUT INNOCENT CHILDREN WHO DIE AND HAVE NOT RECIEVED ALL 7 SACRAMENTS? WHAT ABOUT THOSE IN RCIA WHO DIE BEFORE FINISHING?

I have never had the annointing of the sick nor am I planning on going into a holy order... Hmmmm... I have only been Baptized, Recieved Eucharist, and am Confirmed... been married... But gosh... I am missing some... shucks... looks like I am not making it to heaven... and I am Catholic...

Seriosly, get off your high horse and get real.

1,167 posts, read 1,520,246 times
Then tell them to read their Bibles. Don't throw crazy opinions out there that have no Biblical backing. The only thing that you have listed Biblical backing on is Baptism, which 99.9% of Bible believing churches practice.

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times
Quote:
The Bible says, none of us are good, not one. Only God is good, remember Jesus telling that to the rich young ruler?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:05 PM

Listen SKBS, how many times do I have to tell this, I am saying that only four sacraments are neccasery for Salvation, Not Seven,

The Church itself must have had Seven, but for you are four sacraments neccesary, if you are of the Roman Catholic Church, I suppose you are, you have to fullfill 4 sacraments, not 7.

Why must a Church have had the 7 sacraments, because God commands us to do so, so dont ask why, if a church has 6 or less or 8 or more, than it is not doing what God told us to do so, that´s why they are a lyer, all churches with no 7 sacraments, or with 7 sacraments, but dont use them in a proper way like the Anglicanism, they say that only 2 sacraments are neccesary for salvation, Baptism and the Eucharist, but It is not true, Confirmation and Penance also.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:07 PM

I have posted many things about Baptism.

Which of you which is Not Catholic or Orthodox (Oriental Orthodox, Eastern Orthodox, Catholicism), believes that Baptism is/must be a Sacrament.

Again, I am from the Syriac Orthodox Church of Antioch, an Oriental Orthodox Church, so a Church which you can Make it to heaven. I have family living in Minneapolis, I myself live in the Netherlands/Europe.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:08 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post
True Christians are believers and followers of Jesus Christ (Hence the name Christian!). I am a Bible believing Christian. I don't add to or take away from the Bible. I believe what it states clearly and plainly. That makes me a Christian. Thank you very much for trying to push your viewpoints on other people, but you are in no position to judge who is and is not a Christian.

Judge not, lest you be judged!
We are not to judge an individual's salvation but we can point out to him his walk with the Lord, that is one of our duties as Christians

"Many will say to Me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.

"Judge not, lest you be judged!" (HYPOCRITICALLY) We can judge and the bible says so as long as it is done correctly, being in a loving, non-hypocritical way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity