Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2023, 12:00 PM

4,085 posts, read 910,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSong View Post
Thank you ShanaBrown and Struggling Christian for your great posts as well my friends, God blesses all of you

2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering towards us, not willing that any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance."

All will have faith and be saved. That is, believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone to be saved. Repentance means when a person recognizes that they have sin against the Lord and thus recognize their need for a saviour. Everyone will recognize Jesus Christ as their Saviour, thus have faith in Christ Jesus and be saved.
You preach against Jesus who says to repent of your SINS.

This is what Jesus says after ascending to heaven...he tells us plainly that repent is to stop sinning.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.
21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

Jesus says plainly REPENT is of the WORKS of OUR HANDS, of worshiping those besides Jesus, and REPENT of MURDER, and MAGIC ARTS, and SEXUAL IMMORALITY, and of THEFTS.

Jesus says to REPENT of DEEDS, the THINGS DONE.

No such thing what you teach about faith alone and repent not meaning to stop sinning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2023, 12:01 PM

660 posts, read 269,195 times
1 Corinthians 15:22: "As in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive."

Christ will save everyone. Have faith alone in Jesus and be saved, amen.

What is the best version of the Bible?

Well, that would be the original Hebrew, Koine Greek and Aramaic scriptures, as they are the breathed out words of Jesus Christ, as He inspired and spoke out through His prophets.

But the answer you’re probably looking for, especially since you’re reading this in English is.

What is the best English version of the Bible?

Since the Bible wasn’t originally written in English, this will be a translation. So a better way to phrase this questions is:

What is the best English translation of the Bible?

This is important, since the translation process is done by humans. And we as humans are capable of making mistakes. It’s why it’s important to cross reference different translations of the Hebrew and Greek text on sites like Biblehub

For some verses, one version is better than the other. For instance, with Titus 2:11

https://tentmaker.org/forum/faqs-reg...040/#msg215040

English Standard Version (ESV)

For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people,

New International Version (NIV)

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.

King James Version (KJV)

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

(It’s more accurate to call it the King James Version, KJV, rather than the King James Bible. This is because the term “King James Bible” is used by fundamentalists, KJV-onlyists who only read that specific 1611 version.)

So, while it is best to read multiple versions of the Bible and look through different translations, some translations are more accurate to the original text than others.

Here’s a list of Bible versions I’ve found that I’ve enjoyed. I make this post because I wish to archive some of them on this website.

https://www.aionianbible.org/

Here’s an interesting one, Aionian Bible.

To quote the user joeteekay from the Tentmaker forum “The Aionian Bible is a great improvement over the modern popular translations in use today such as the NIV, RSV, NKJV, among others. It correctly uses the words hades rather than hell, age or ages (eon or eons) rather than eternity or forever and ever, and gehenna rather than hell. This is consistent with the Greek.” End quote.

http://tentmaker.org/e-sword_modules/index.html

Doing some Internet sleuthing

Make sure you trust v9-vgnt.exe before you open it

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen couldn't verify if this file is safe because it isn't commonly downloaded. Make sure you trust the file you're downloading or its source before you open it.

Name: v9-vgnt.exe

Publisher: Unknown

Forums List

Romans 5:18: "Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men."

Old 01-24-2023, 12:06 PM

660 posts, read 269,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Jesus who says to repent of your SINS.
I preach Jesus' Truth my friend The correct definition of repentance is to recognize that your are a sinner, to recognize that you have sin against the Lord. Because the Bible clearly tells us that it's with faith only that we are saved.

Galatians 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

Repentance meaning turning away from sins as a prerequisite for salvation is FALSE! Completely wrong, because works salvation is heresy. I say this with kindness, because many have been led astray by the lies of works salvation and have suffered unnecessarily.

Romans 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Christ never tells us to "turn away from our sins" to be saved, but to believe in Him with faith alone! Only after we are saved and have the Holy Spirit inside of us can we be able to produce good works, since without believing in Jesus Christ with faith alone, all of our works are like filthy rags to the Lord!

Galatians 2:16 Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

NO ONE is justified by works of the law! Turning from sins = Works of the law. NO ONE is saved by turning from sins. EVERYONE is saved by believing in Christ with faith alone. God bless my friend

Old 01-24-2023, 12:52 PM

14,965 posts, read 17,310,977 times
[quote=HSong;64779147]Thank you ShanaBrown and Struggling Christian for your great posts as well my friends, God blesses all of you

Thank you HSong and God bless you too!

Old 01-24-2023, 06:46 PM

4,085 posts, read 910,556 times
Quote:
I preach Jesus' Truth my friend The correct definition of repentance is to recognize that your are a sinner, to recognize that you have sin against the Lord. Because the Bible clearly tells us that it's with faith only that we are saved.

Galatians 3:8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.”

Repentance meaning turning away from sins as a prerequisite for salvation is FALSE! Completely wrong, because works salvation is heresy. I say this with kindness, because many have been led astray by the lies of works salvation and have suffered unnecessarily.

Romans 3:28 For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

Christ never tells us to "turn away from our sins" to be saved, but to believe in Him with faith alone! Only after we are saved and have the Holy Spirit inside of us can we be able to produce good works, since without believing in Jesus Christ with faith alone, all of our works are like filthy rags to the Lord!

Galatians 2:16 Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

NO ONE is justified by works of the law! Turning from sins = Works of the law. NO ONE is saved by turning from sins. EVERYONE is saved by believing in Christ with faith alone. God bless my friend
You are going against the scriptures.

You were given scriptures where Jesus says to repent of your sins.

You are helping to make vipers who think they are saved.

Do you know why John the baptist called some vipers who were coming to get water baptized?

He called them that because he knew they weren't going to repent of their sins.

Do you know why John the baptizer got arrested and eventually beheaded?

Let me tell you if you don't know.

You are endanger for going against the scriptures.

The 'not of works' is about it no longer being of the purification works the Jews used to have to do.

Save yourself and believe the truth.

Faith alone is dead.

Old 01-24-2023, 09:59 PM

Quote:
1 Corinthians 15:22: "As in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive."

Well, that would be the original Hebrew, Koine Greek and Aramaic scriptures, as they are the breathed out words of Jesus Christ, as He inspired and spoke out through His prophets.

But the answer you’re probably looking for, especially since you’re reading this in English is.

Since the Bible wasn’t originally written in English, this will be a translation. So a better way to phrase this questions is:

This is important, since the translation process is done by humans. And we as humans are capable of making mistakes. It’s why it’s important to cross reference different translations of the Hebrew and Greek text on sites like Biblehub

For some verses, one version is better than the other. For instance, with Titus 2:11

King James Version (KJV)

(It’s more accurate to call it the King James Version, KJV, rather than the King James Bible. This is because the term “King James Bible” is used by fundamentalists, KJV-onlyists who only read that specific 1611 version.)

So, while it is best to read multiple versions of the Bible and look through different translations, some translations are more accurate to the original text than others.

Here’s a list of Bible versions I’ve found that I’ve enjoyed. I make this post because I wish to archive some of them on this website.

To quote the user joeteekay from the Tentmaker forum “The Aionian Bible is a great improvement over the modern popular translations in use today such as the NIV, RSV, NKJV, among others. It correctly uses the words hades rather than hell, age or ages (eon or eons) rather than eternity or forever and ever, and gehenna rather than hell. This is consistent with the Greek.” End quote.

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen couldn't verify if this file is safe because it isn't commonly downloaded. Make sure you trust the file you're downloading or its source before you open it.

Forums List

Romans 5:18: "Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men."

Thank you for the references. I will check out the Aionian Bible. I use different translations but my favorites are the Young's Literal, New American Standard, Concordant Literal, New King James Version, and a Interlinear Greek-English New Testament. When I was much younger I begged my mother and aunts to get me a Living Bible for Christmas and that was the Bible that helped me to become interested in reading the scriptures. I have used the NIV at times, but now I use the more literal translations with dictionaries, concordances and other sources. May God bless us in the study of the scriptures. God bless.

Old 01-25-2023, 06:42 AM

4,745 posts, read 1,288,530 times
Quote:

King James Version (KJV)

Forums List

Sorry all are not in Christ, the seed of the serpent, the devil and his seed arent in Christ. Gen 3:15

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Old 01-25-2023, 08:07 AM

On Destroy and Destruction

"Young's Analytical Concordance lists 45 Hebrew words and 10 Greek words that are translated "destroy," while 31 Hebrew words and 4 Greek words are translated "destruction." These words have a variety of meanings, as is evident to all who will study these questions. These meanings include "to kill," "to mar," "to bruise," "to break," "to cut down," "to put an end to," "to abolish," "to lay waste," etc. In the story of the flood it is written that God said, "I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth." Does that mean that the antediluvians were permanently exterminated, and will never come to judgment for their sins?

Jeremiah pronounced woe against Jerusalem thus: "For who shall have pity upon thee, O Jerusalem? or who shall bemoan thee? or who shall go aside to ask how thou doest? Thou hast forsaken me, saith the Lord, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out My hand against thee, and destroy thee." Does it follow from this that Jerusalem was annihilated and so no longer exists? The fact is that Jerusalem has probably been "destroyed" more frequently than any other city in the world, yet it still exists. Its people have been killed, its walls and buildings have been broken down, its government has been changed again and again, but Jerusalem still exists. It has not been exterminated.

Similarly, Sodom was more completely "destroyed" than any other city of which we know. Jude 7 says it was "set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." But Sodom is to be restored again (see Ezekiel 16:44-63).

Someone will probably say, Yes, that is clear enough, but how about the statement of Jesus, "fear Him Who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" ("Gehenna;" Matt.-10:28). Well, that does sound formidable, doesn't it? That is, this is so until we learn that the same word is used in the statement, "He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth [destroyeth] his life for My sake shall find it" (Matt.-10:39). If his life was exterminated, it couldn't be found again." The Outcome of Infinite Grace

Psalm 90:3

3 Thou turnest man to destruction; and sayest, Return, ye children of men. KJV

3 You turn mortals back into dust and say, “Return, you sons of mankind. NAS

3 Thou turnest man unto a bruised thing, And sayest, Turn back, ye sons of men . Young's Literal

Sometimes we must be destroyed, humbled, in order to be healed.

God bless

Old 01-25-2023, 08:44 AM

130 posts, read 45,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

God bless
True believers will not have to go that route, thankfully. Jesus will begin the next age by making everything (and everyone) "new".

Revelation 21:5
English Standard Version
5 And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Old 01-25-2023, 08:57 AM

4,745 posts, read 1,288,530 times
shanabrown

Quote:
Wow thats an indictment against the healing provided by the death of Christ for them He died Isa 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Pet 2:24

Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity